Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: x4600 iLOM issue
Operating Systems Solaris x4600 iLOM issue Post 302385534 by pupp on Friday 8th of January 2010 11:35:23 AM
Old 01-08-2010
Quote:
downgrading firmware esp on SUN x-series is a wrong move to make. The newer the better.
why do you say that?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

console for x4600

Hi, I ;ve a SUN x4600 running solaris 10. I want to connect to the system remotely form console like we can connect to sparc sc or alom .. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
9 Replies

2. Solaris

ILOM and sc on T5220

I 've 2 different T5220 and both are showing different prompts when i ssh to the console. 1. Shows sc> ALOM 2. Shows -> ILOM as far as i know the T5220 comes with ILOM , so why i 'm seeing 2 different type of console for same tyep of hardware ? and i found that we... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

3. Solaris

ILOM on X4450

I bought a new Netra X4450 and this is my first time experience with intel based Sun server. I powered on the machine and went through the Sun wizard to complete OS configuration. Now I am on the root prompt and trying to get to the ILOM. On Sparc based servers I used to be able to go to the ILOM... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Controller Issue on X4600 after reboot

One of my X4600 server had a power loss and rebooted and now its giving me a strange problem servers internal disk controller naming has changed by itself ... the after failsafe boot md.conf file shows following c3txdx but shows internal disk at c4txdx ... what could be the reason for this and... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Solaris

SUN ILOM

Hi, I am just confused with iLOM. Is iLOM is applicable for SPARC as well as X86 servers?? which are having CMM. Hope ALOM will be applicable for rest of the servers like v240 kind of series. Can any one pls clarify this?? Thanks in Advance Vaisakh K S (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vks47
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Sunfire X4600 Errors on Bootup

Hi Folks, Has anyone seen these errors on bootup. Mar 15 12:22:30 svc.startd: svc:/system/device/local:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/devices-local" failed due to signal SEGV.ht (c) 1983, 2010, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Configuring devices. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ESSTEAM
1 Replies

7. Hardware

Sun X4270 ILOM Login issue

Hi I have a new SUN X4270 server. I am trying to login to the server's ILOM using it's serial management port from a Windows machine but am not getting any login prompt from the server. I am using a RJ-45/DB-9 adaptor. After connecting the adaptor, I am opening the serial connection using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mystition
3 Replies

8. Hardware

Sun X4600 M2 enable Hyperthreading

Booting and checking BIOS there is no option to enable-disable hyperthreading. I have 8 Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 8220 and I see 16 cores. Enable hyperthreading I should have 32 cores. I have red hat 5.4 installed. Anyone know how can enable hypethreading ? I have last BIOS/Firmware... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxtnog
2 Replies

9. Hardware

Sunfire x4600 M2 NIC replacement

Hi All, I am having an Sun fire X4600 M2 server where one of the interfaces is down. I had requested for the replacement but had a bit problem in identifying the port. As per the server service module, there are 4 NIC ports and one port is not flashing (e1000g0) but as per server, the port... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockyc3400
8 Replies

10. Solaris

ILOM Command

Dear all would you tell me the command in ILOM to : - Check for error logged in ILOM ouput - Check for system uptime (DAYS) - Check for system reboot logged (Last system reboot) Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gema.utama
1 Replies
LESSECHO(1)						      General Commands Manual						       LESSECHO(1)

NAME
lessecho - expand metacharacters SYNOPSIS
lessecho [-ox] [-cx] [-pn] [-dn] [-mx] [-nn] [-ex] [-a] file ... DESCRIPTION
lessecho is a program that simply echos its arguments on standard output. But any metacharacter in the output is preceded by an "escape" character, which by default is a backslash. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -ex Specifies "x", rather than backslash, to be the escape char for metachars. If x is "-", no escape char is used and arguments con- taining metachars are surrounded by quotes instead. -ox Specifies "x", rather than double-quote, to be the open quote character, which is used if the -e- option is specified. -cx Specifies "x" to be the close quote character. -pn Specifies "n" to be the open quote character, as an integer. -dn Specifies "n" to be the close quote character, as an integer. -mx Specifies "x" to be a metachar. By default, no characters are considered metachars. -nn Specifies "n" to be a metachar, as an integer. -fn Specifies "n" to be the escape char for metachars, as an integer. -a Specifies that all arguments are to be quoted. The default is that only arguments containing metacharacters are quoted SEE ALSO
less(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Thomas Schoepf <schoepf@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Send bug reports or comments to bug-less@gnu.org. Version 487: 25 Oct 2016 LESSECHO(1)