Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C socket issue with SMTP
Top Forums Programming C socket issue with SMTP Post 302385465 by Jess83 on Friday 8th of January 2010 06:43:34 AM
Old 01-08-2010
Alright good to know, I tried as you said and it seems to work like the program pass the commands to the SMTP however it returns an error 501 (invalid characters or command) so im assuming its because strcpy is copying the \0 nul character at the end of the line and send it too... i tried using

Code:
strcpy(buffer, "MAIL FROM: test@primustel.ca)";

And it jams there to im not getting any further reply... for shit n' giggle i tried to make it one less character and im getting error 501 so im lost here... anyone as an idea of how i could send this command without the nul character properly? i tried it all by inputing the commands by hand and it works fine it just when it comes to store it in the buffer... i tried everything i just past the whole night on this im about to slam my PC in the middle of the road... lol

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SMTP - emailing issue

We are running an application engine program that sends email to a list of users. In our Test Env, users are able to receive the emails but in our Prod environment, they do not. We are running the same program, and using the same stmp config. any idea on how to troubleshoot? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tads98
3 Replies

2. Programming

Performance issue with C++ ,Socket

Hi all, I am facing some problem in Socket programming(C++ & Solaris 5.0).I am using socket as basic connecting point & MEP(Mesagae Exchange Protocol) as high level protocol to send & receive Message & ACK, between two different system. MEP is a protocol through which you can send MSG... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amartya_sock
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connect problem for sctp socket (ipv6 socket) - Runtime fail Invalid Arguments

Hi, I was porting ipv4 application to ipv6; i was done with TCP transports. Now i am facing problem with SCTp transport at runtime. To test SCTP transport I am using following server and client socket programs. Server program runs fine, but client program fails giving Invalid Arguments for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrutiptur
0 Replies

4. Programming

which socket should socket option on be set

Hi all, On the server side, one socket is used for listening, the others are used for communicating with the client. My question is: if i want to set option for socket, which socket should be set on? If either can be set, what's the different? Again, what's the different if set option... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blademan100
1 Replies

5. Programming

socket function to read a webpage (socket.h)

Why does this socket function only read the first 1440 chars of the stream. Why not the whole stream ? I checked it with gdm and valgrind and everything seems correct... #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <string.h> #include... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyler
3 Replies

6. Linux

SMTP issue

HI, I am having an issue with the mail. I had certain scripts who used to send mails. now i am not getting the mails as usual. need help to track the issue and resolve. mailx -s "Testing for details" xxx@yyy.zzz above code is used for mailing. can yoou please help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: onlyniladri
2 Replies

7. Programming

perl socket issue

Hi I am teaching myself perl and am writing a socket application to get experience. I am using Eclipse with the EPIC plugin to run the code in debug mode. I think that sometimes the script is not releasing the port if I terminate it in debug mode as I am occasionally getting the message: - ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

Clarification - Setting socket options at the same time when socket is listening

I need clarification on whether it is okay to set socket options on a listening socket simultaneously when it is being used in an accept() call? Following is the scenario:- -- Task 1 - is executing in a loop - polling a listen socket, lets call it 'fd', (whose file descriptor is global)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake24
2 Replies

9. Solaris

OutBound SMTP Server Mail issue

Hi all I have a Live SMTP server for outbound mails ( Mail being sent from my organization to outside domains). A large chunk of mails are not being sent and reside in /var/spool/mqueue directory. The header of there mails are: From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON> How can I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
0 Replies

10. Solaris

NIS/smtp services issue on Solaris 11

Hi, Few services not starting on new build Solaris 11 non-global zone. I uninstalled zone and reinstalled and still same issue, while global zone is working fine. smpt service is going into maintenance mode and /var/svc/log/network-smtp:sendmail.log shows that it tries and then dead ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies
SMTP-SOURCE(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SMTP-SOURCE(1)

NAME
smtp-source - multi-threaded SMTP/LMTP test generator SYNOPSIS
smtp-source [options] [inet:]host[:port] smtp-source [options] unix:pathname DESCRIPTION
smtp-source connects to the named host and TCP port (default: port 25) and sends one or more messages to it, either sequentially or in par- allel. The program speaks either SMTP (default) or LMTP. Connections can be made to UNIX-domain and IPv4 or IPv6 servers. IPv4 and IPv6 are the default. Note: this is an unsupported test program. No attempt is made to maintain compatibility between successive versions. Arguments: -4 Connect to the server with IPv4. This option has no effect when Postfix is built without IPv6 support. -6 Connect to the server with IPv6. This option is not available when Postfix is built without IPv6 support. -A Don't abort when the server sends something other than the expected positive reply code. -c Display a running counter that is incremented each time an SMTP DATA command completes. -C count When a host sends RESET instead of SYN|ACK, try count times before giving up. The default count is 1. Specify a larger count in order to work around a problem with TCP/IP stacks that send RESET when the listen queue is full. -d Don't disconnect after sending a message; send the next message over the same connection. -f from Use the specified sender address (default: <foo@myhostname>). -F file Send the pre-formatted message header and body in the specified file, while prepending '.' before lines that begin with '.', and while appending CRLF after each line. -l length Send length bytes as message payload. The length does not include message headers. -L Speak LMTP rather than SMTP. -m message_count Send the specified number of messages (default: 1). -M myhostname Use the specified hostname or [address] in the HELO command and in the default sender and recipient addresses, instead of the machine hostname. -N Prepend a non-repeating sequence number to each recipient address. This avoids the artificial 100% hit rate in the resolve and re- write client caches and exercises the trivial-rewrite daemon, better approximating Postfix performance under real-life work-loads. -o Old mode: don't send HELO, and don't send message headers. -r recipient_count Send the specified number of recipients per transaction (default: 1). Recipient names are generated by prepending a number to the recipient address. -R interval Wait for a random period of time 0 <= n <= interval between messages. Suspending one thread does not affect other delivery threads. -s session_count Run the specified number of SMTP sessions in parallel (default: 1). -S subject Send mail with the named subject line (default: none). -t to Use the specified recipient address (default: <foo@myhostname>). -T windowsize Override the default TCP window size. To work around broken TCP window scaling implementations, specify a value > 0 and < 65536. -v Make the program more verbose, for debugging purposes. -w interval Wait a fixed time between messages. Suspending one thread does not affect other delivery threads. [inet:]host[:port] Connect via TCP to host host, port port. The default port is smtp. unix:pathname Connect to the UNIX-domain socket at pathname. BUGS
No SMTP command pipelining support. SEE ALSO
smtp-sink(1), SMTP/LMTP message dump LICENSE
The Secure Mailer license must be distributed with this software. AUTHOR(S) Wietse Venema IBM T.J. Watson Research P.O. Box 704 Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA SMTP-SOURCE(1)