Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C socket issue with SMTP
Top Forums Programming C socket issue with SMTP Post 302385465 by Jess83 on Friday 8th of January 2010 06:43:34 AM
Old 01-08-2010
Alright good to know, I tried as you said and it seems to work like the program pass the commands to the SMTP however it returns an error 501 (invalid characters or command) so im assuming its because strcpy is copying the \0 nul character at the end of the line and send it too... i tried using

Code:
strcpy(buffer, "MAIL FROM: test@primustel.ca)";

And it jams there to im not getting any further reply... for shit n' giggle i tried to make it one less character and im getting error 501 so im lost here... anyone as an idea of how i could send this command without the nul character properly? i tried it all by inputing the commands by hand and it works fine it just when it comes to store it in the buffer... i tried everything i just past the whole night on this im about to slam my PC in the middle of the road... lol

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SMTP - emailing issue

We are running an application engine program that sends email to a list of users. In our Test Env, users are able to receive the emails but in our Prod environment, they do not. We are running the same program, and using the same stmp config. any idea on how to troubleshoot? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tads98
3 Replies

2. Programming

Performance issue with C++ ,Socket

Hi all, I am facing some problem in Socket programming(C++ & Solaris 5.0).I am using socket as basic connecting point & MEP(Mesagae Exchange Protocol) as high level protocol to send & receive Message & ACK, between two different system. MEP is a protocol through which you can send MSG... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amartya_sock
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connect problem for sctp socket (ipv6 socket) - Runtime fail Invalid Arguments

Hi, I was porting ipv4 application to ipv6; i was done with TCP transports. Now i am facing problem with SCTp transport at runtime. To test SCTP transport I am using following server and client socket programs. Server program runs fine, but client program fails giving Invalid Arguments for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrutiptur
0 Replies

4. Programming

which socket should socket option on be set

Hi all, On the server side, one socket is used for listening, the others are used for communicating with the client. My question is: if i want to set option for socket, which socket should be set on? If either can be set, what's the different? Again, what's the different if set option... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blademan100
1 Replies

5. Programming

socket function to read a webpage (socket.h)

Why does this socket function only read the first 1440 chars of the stream. Why not the whole stream ? I checked it with gdm and valgrind and everything seems correct... #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <string.h> #include... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyler
3 Replies

6. Linux

SMTP issue

HI, I am having an issue with the mail. I had certain scripts who used to send mails. now i am not getting the mails as usual. need help to track the issue and resolve. mailx -s "Testing for details" xxx@yyy.zzz above code is used for mailing. can yoou please help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: onlyniladri
2 Replies

7. Programming

perl socket issue

Hi I am teaching myself perl and am writing a socket application to get experience. I am using Eclipse with the EPIC plugin to run the code in debug mode. I think that sometimes the script is not releasing the port if I terminate it in debug mode as I am occasionally getting the message: - ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

Clarification - Setting socket options at the same time when socket is listening

I need clarification on whether it is okay to set socket options on a listening socket simultaneously when it is being used in an accept() call? Following is the scenario:- -- Task 1 - is executing in a loop - polling a listen socket, lets call it 'fd', (whose file descriptor is global)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake24
2 Replies

9. Solaris

OutBound SMTP Server Mail issue

Hi all I have a Live SMTP server for outbound mails ( Mail being sent from my organization to outside domains). A large chunk of mails are not being sent and reside in /var/spool/mqueue directory. The header of there mails are: From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON> How can I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
0 Replies

10. Solaris

NIS/smtp services issue on Solaris 11

Hi, Few services not starting on new build Solaris 11 non-global zone. I uninstalled zone and reinstalled and still same issue, while global zone is working fine. smpt service is going into maintenance mode and /var/svc/log/network-smtp:sendmail.log shows that it tries and then dead ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies
strcpy(9F)						   Kernel Functions for Drivers 						strcpy(9F)

NAME
strcpy, strlcat, strlcpy, strncat, strncpy, strspn - String operations. SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> char *strcpy(char *dst, const char *src); size_t strlcat(char *dst, const char *src, size_t dstsize); size_t strlcpy(char *dst, const char *src, size_t dstsize); char *strncat(char *restrict s1, const char *restrict s2, size_t n); char *strncpy(char *dst, const char *src, size_t n); size_t strspn(const char *s1, const char *s2); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
dst, src Pointers to character strings. s1, s2 Pointers to character strings. n Count of characters to be copied. DESCRIPTION
The arguments dst, src, s1 and s2 point to strings. The strcpy(), strlcpy(), strncpy(), strlcat() and strncat() functions all alter their first argument. These functions do not check for overflow of the array pointed to by the first argument. strcpy() The strcpy() function copies characters in the string src to dst, terminating at the first null character in src, and returns dst to the caller. No bounds checking is done. strncpy() The strncpy() function copies src to dst, null-padding or truncating at n bytes, and returns dst. No bounds checking is done. strlcpy() The strlcpy() function copies a maximum of dstsize-1 characters (where dstsize represents the size of the string buffer dst) from src to dst, truncating src if necessary. The result is always null-terminated. The function returns strlen(src). Buffer overflow can be checked as follows: if (strlcpy(dst, src, dstsize) >= dstsize) return (-1); strncat() The strncat() function appends a maximum of n characters. The initial character of s2 overrides the null character at the end of s1. strlcat() The strlcat() function appends a maximum of (dstsize- strlen(dst)-1) characters of src to dst (where dstsize represents the size of the string buffer dst). If the string pointed to by dst contains a null-terminated string that fits into dstsize bytes when strlcat() is called, the string pointed to by dst is a null-terminated string that fits in dstsize bytes (including the terminating null character) when it completes, and the initial character of src overrides the null character at the end of dst. If the string pointed to by dst is longer than dstsize bytes when strlcat() is called, the string pointed to by dst is not changed. The function returns min{dst- size,strlen(dst)}+strlen(src). Buffer overflow can be checked as follows: if (strlcat(dst, src, dstsize) >= dstsize) return -1; strspn() The strspn() function returns the length of the initial segment of string s1 that consists entirely of characters from string s2. RETURN VALUES
strcpy(), strncat() and strncpy() return dst. For strlcat(), strlcpy() and strspn(), see the Description section. CONTEXT
These functions can be called from user or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
strlen(9F), strcmp(9F), bcopy(9F), ddi_copyin(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 7 Sep 2004 strcpy(9F)