Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Basic Script to check for a file Post 302385403 by lijiajin on Friday 8th of January 2010 03:11:15 AM
Old 01-08-2010
Hi
maybe $(date + %b%e) is $(date +%b%e)

regard
jiajin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to check for a file, check for 2hrs. then quit

I wish to seach a Dir for a specific file, once the file is found i will perform additional logic. If the file is not found within two hours, i would like to exit. Logically, I'm looking for the best way to approach this Thanks for any assistance in advance. Note: I'm using a C shell and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmarsh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a very basic network check script

i figured it out thanks though! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anon0mus
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have a shell script check for a file to exist before processing another file

I have a shell script that runs all the time looking for a certain type of file and then it processes the file through a series of other scripts. The script is watching a directory that has files uploaded to it via SFTP. It already checks the size of the file to make sure that it is not still... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check File Exists and compare to previous day file script

We have data files that are ftp'd every morning to a SUN server. The file names are exactly the same except for that each has the date included in its name. I have to write script to do 2 things: STEP 1) Verify that the file arrived in morning. STEP 2) Compare the file size of the current... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbknisely
3 Replies

5. AIX

Basic Filesystem / Physical Volume / Logical Volume Check

Hi! Can anyone help me on how I can do a basic check on the Unix filesystems / physical volumes and logical volumes? What items should I check, like where do I look at in smit? Or are there commands that I should execute? I need to do this as I was informed by IBM that there seems to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chipahoys
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script check for file, alert if not there, and continue checking until file arrives

All, Is there a way to keep checking for a file over and over again in the same script for an interval of time? Ie If { mail -user continue checking until file arrives file arrives tasks exit I don't want the script to run each time and email the user each time a file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdjones82
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check for the file existence, if file exists it should echo the no of modified days

Hi, I am looking for a shell script with the following. 1. It should check whether a particular file exists in a location #!/bin/sh if ; then echo "xxx.txt File Exists" else echo "File Not Found" fi 2. If file exists, it should check for the modified date and run a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikeyan_mac
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

basic server check script - help

Hello Fellow bash enthusiasts... I am stuck on this local script and could use some fresh eyes on this code. #!/bin/bash MAIL_ME="jj@uberdork.com" MAIL_SUBJECT="Norveld_Server_needs_attention" SERVER_DATE=$(TZ=PST8PDT date) echo $(ServerTZ=PST8PDT date) - Web Server Check = $(curl -Is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Habitual
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to read file and check file type

Hi, I have a file with few values in it. I need script help to read file line by line and check: 1/if it's a file (with extension eg .java .css .jar etc ) or 2/if it's a file without extension and treat it as a directory and then check if the directory exists in working copy else create one... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: iaav
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script fro file check and load the trail file

Hi, Im going to use shell script for load the data into DB. First i need to read the trail file(csv file has two columns with comma separated ) like file name trail1024(last 4 digitsMMDD). In this trail file 27 entries will have like below,I need to read first csv file name and get the 4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krajasekhar.v
1 Replies
DATETIME.SUB(3) 							 1							   DATETIME.SUB(3)

DateTime::sub - Subtracts an amount of days, months, years, hours, minutes and seconds from a DateTime object

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public DateTime DateTime::sub (DateInterval $interval) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style DateTime date_sub (DateTime $object, DateInterval $interval) Subtracts the specified DateInterval object from the specified DateTime object. PARAMETERS
o $object -Procedural style only: A DateTime object returned by date_create(3). The function modifies this object. o $interval - A DateInterval object RETURN VALUES
Returns the DateTime object for method chaining or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 DateTime.sub(3) example Object oriented style <?php $date = new DateTime('2000-01-20'); $date->sub(new DateInterval('P10D')); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; ?> Procedural style <?php $date = date_create('2000-01-20'); date_sub($date, date_interval_create_from_date_string('10 days')); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d'); ?> The above examples will output: 2000-01-10 Example #2 Further DateTime.sub(3) examples <?php $date = new DateTime('2000-01-20'); $date->sub(new DateInterval('PT10H30S')); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; $date = new DateTime('2000-01-20'); $date->sub(new DateInterval('P7Y5M4DT4H3M2S')); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; ?> The above example will output: 2000-01-19 13:59:30 1992-08-15 19:56:58 Example #3 Beware when subtracting months <?php $date = new DateTime('2001-04-30'); $interval = new DateInterval('P1M'); $date->sub($interval); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; $date->sub($interval); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; ?> The above example will output: 2001-03-30 2001-03-02 NOTES
DateTime.modify(3) is an alternative when using PHP 5.2. SEE ALSO
DateTime.add(3), DateTime.diff(3), DateTime.modify(3). PHP Documentation Group DATETIME.SUB(3)