Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: grep distinct values
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep distinct values Post 302385223 by clx on Thursday 7th of January 2010 11:47:58 AM
Old 01-07-2010
what you want from the data you provided? please mention o/p.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through only the distinct values in a file

Datafile has the following data seperated by : FIELD1:FIELD2:FIELD3 D1:/opt/9.1.9:Y D2:/opt/10.1.10:Y D3:/opt/9.1.9:Y D4:/opt/8.1.8:Y D5:/opt/8.1.8:Y D6:/opt/9.1.9:Y D7:/opt/9.1.9:Y D8:/opt/10.1.10:Y D9:/opt/9.1.9:Y D10:/opt/10.1.10:Y I want to do some operations only on the distinct... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbekal
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to print distinct col values

Hi Guys... I am newbie to awk and would like a solution to probably one of the simple practical questions. I have a test file that goes as: 1,2,3,4,5,6 7,2,3,8,7,6 9,3,5,6,7,3 8,3,1,1,1,1 4,4,2,2,2,2 I would like to know how AWK can get me the distinct values say for eg: on col2... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: anduzzi
22 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting Distinct values from second field in a file....

Hi I have a pipe delimited file. I am trying to grab the DISTINCT value from the second field. The file is something like: 1233|apple|ron 1234|apple|elephant 1235|egg|man the output I am trying to get from second field is apple,egg (apple coming only once) Thanks simi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simi28
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select distinct values from a flat file

Hi , I have a similar problem. Please can anyone help me with a shell script or a perl. I have a flat file like this fruit country apple germany apple india banana pakistan banana saudi mango india I want to get a output like fruit country apple ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: smalya
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

distinct values of all the fields

I am a beginner to scripting, please help me in this regard. How do I create a script that provides a count of distinct values of all the fields in the pipe delimited file ? I have 20 different files with multiple columns in each file. I needed to write a generic script where I give the number... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vukkusila
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

distinct values of all the fields

I am a beginner to scripting, please help me in this regard. How do I create a script that provides a count of distinct values of all the fields in the pipe delimited file ? I have 20 different files with multiple columns in each file. I needed to write a generic script where I give the number... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vukkusila
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

average of distinct values with awk

Hi guys, I am not an expert in shell and I need help with awk command. I have a file with values like 200 1 1 200 7 2 200 6 3 200 5 4 300 3 1 300 7 2 300 6 3 300 4 4 I need resulting file with averages of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saif
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show distinct values of a key from a single line

Hi All, I am newbie to linux. Can somebody help me with following requirement. I have one huge line. I have to find out particular key/value pair to see the distinct value of that key. Portion of the String:- <?xml version="1.1" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Data><Val Ti="1342750845538" Du="0"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmajumder
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find distinct values

Hi, I have two files of the following format file1 chr1:345-456 chr2:123-456 chr2:455-678 chr3:456-789 chr3:444-555 file2 chr1:345-456 chr2:123-456 chr3:456-789 output (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need distinct values from command in a script

Hello, I am using below command srvctl config service -d cmdbut cmdbut_01 (P):/devoragridcn_01/app/oracle> srvctl config service -d cmdbut Service name: boms10.world Service is enabled Server pool: cmdbut_boms10.world Cardinality: 1 Disconnect: false Service role: PRIMARY Management... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
7 Replies
deb-shlibs(5)							    dpkg suite							     deb-shlibs(5)

NAME
deb-shlibs - Debian shared library information file DESCRIPTION
shlibs files map shared library names and versions (sonames) to dependencies suitable for a package control file. There is one entry per line. Blank lines are not allowed. Lines beginning with an # character are considered commentary, and are ignored. All other lines must have the format [type:] library version dependencies The library and version fields are whitespace-delimited, but the dependencies field extends to the end of the line. The type field is optional and normally not needed. The dependencies field has the same syntax as the Depends field in a binary control file, see deb-control(5). EXAMPLES
The shlibs file for a typical library package, named libcrunch1, that provides one library whose soname is libcrunch.so.1, might read libcrunch 1 libcrunch1 (>= 1.2-1) The dependencies must mention the most recent version of the package that added new symbols to the library: in the above example, new symbols were added to version 1.2 of libcrunch. This is not the only reason the dependencies might need to be tightened. SEE ALSO
deb-control(5), dpkg-shlibdeps(1), deb-symbols(5). 1.19.0.5 2018-04-16 deb-shlibs(5)