Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Issue with parsing config variables Post 302385161 by madhukalyan on Thursday 7th of January 2010 07:53:43 AM
Old 01-07-2010
Issue with parsing config variables

I am using MKS tool kit on windows server. One config variable is defined in windows environment and I am trying to use that variable.
Code:
# Below RootDir is defined in windows 

RootDir="\\f01\var"

# in unix script 

details="$RootDir/src|$RootDir/tgt"
src=`echo $details|awk -F '|'  '{print $1}'`

cd $src

root_dir has '\\' in it and because of this , derived variable 'src' is not getting resolved properly and I am getting error "system can not find the file specified"

Please help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing config file

Hi All, I have a requirement to parse a file. Let me clear you all on the req. I have a job which contains multiple tasks and each task will have multiple attributes that will be in the below format. Each task will have some sequence number according to that sequence number tasks shld... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help parsing config file in ksh

Hi all, I've done some searching here but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for so I thought I'd post up and see if someone can help out. I'm working on a shell script that I would like to store environment variables in an external file. I'm familiar with sourcing a file with variables in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kungfusnwbrdr
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse config file and store the values in variables

Hi, I have a config file that has blank, commented lines. I need to escape commented lines, blank lines, parse the remaining lines and store them in variables or array. the config file contains the following lines. # config file # Define Oracle User ORA_USER=abcde ORA_PASS=xyzabc... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshmi Chowdam
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing config-file (perl)

Hi, i'm trying to parse a config file that have alot of rows similar to this one: Example value value value What i want to do is to split and save the row above in a hash, like this: Example = value value value Basically i want to split on the first whitespace after the first... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikemikemike
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL on windows accessing variables from a config file

Folks, I'm a perl moron, so please speak very slowly. : ) I'm modifying a build script that starts up an apache server. Now there is a .config file that hardcodes an old webserver path like this c:\oldWebserver. Now I don't want that hardcoded value, rather wish to use an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarkoRocko
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing Nagios service config files with awk

Hope someone can help, I've been pulling my hair out with this one... I've written a shell script that does a sanity check on our quite extensive Nagios configuration for anything that needs cleaning up but wouldn't make the Nagios daemon necessarily bork or complain. One section of the script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinbob
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing a config file using bash

Hi , I have a config _file that has 3 columns (Id Name Value ) with many rows . In my bash script i want to be able to parse the file and do a mapping of any Id value so if i have Id of say brand1 then i can use the name (server5X) and Value (CCCC) and so on ... Id Name ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nano2
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - is it possible to import variables from a config file?

hi, all. I got a question about awk: If I have a lot of awk files for different tasks, but they'll share the same base directory, log setting, action lists, etc., is it possible to import them from a config file, so that I don't have to put them into each awk file? For example, I need a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lan9856
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put variables commands in config files?

Hi All, Seeking for your assistance on how to put in variables all the commands in /bin config files: /home/test/config_file/config.cfg cat /home/test/config_file/config.cfg ECHO=/bin/echo LS=/bin/lsMain script cat test.sh source=/home/test/config_file/config.cfg ECHO=$ECHO LS=$LS#i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: znesotomayor
3 Replies
GIT-DIFFTOOL(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-DIFFTOOL(1)

NAME
git-difftool - Show changes using common diff tools SYNOPSIS
git difftool [<options>] [<commit> [<commit>]] [--] [<path>...] DESCRIPTION
git difftool is a git command that allows you to compare and edit files between revisions using common diff tools. git difftool is a frontend to git diff and accepts the same options and arguments. See git-diff(1). OPTIONS
-y, --no-prompt Do not prompt before launching a diff tool. --prompt Prompt before each invocation of the diff tool. This is the default behaviour; the option is provided to override any configuration settings. -t <tool>, --tool=<tool> Use the diff tool specified by <tool>. Valid diff tools are: araxis, bc3, deltawalker, diffuse, emerge, ecmerge, gvimdiff, kdiff3, kompare, meld, opendiff, p4merge, tkdiff, vimdiff and xxdiff. If a diff tool is not specified, git difftool will use the configuration variable diff.tool. If the configuration variable diff.tool is not set, git difftool will pick a suitable default. You can explicitly provide a full path to the tool by setting the configuration variable difftool.<tool>.path. For example, you can configure the absolute path to kdiff3 by setting difftool.kdiff3.path. Otherwise, git difftool assumes the tool is available in PATH. Instead of running one of the known diff tools, git difftool can be customized to run an alternative program by specifying the command line to invoke in a configuration variable difftool.<tool>.cmd. When git difftool is invoked with this tool (either through the -t or --tool option or the diff.tool configuration variable) the configured command line will be invoked with the following variables available: $LOCAL is set to the name of the temporary file containing the contents of the diff pre-image and $REMOTE is set to the name of the temporary file containing the contents of the diff post-image. $MERGED is the name of the file which is being compared. $BASE is provided for compatibility with custom merge tool commands and has the same value as $MERGED. -x <command>, --extcmd=<command> Specify a custom command for viewing diffs. git-difftool ignores the configured defaults and runs $command $LOCAL $REMOTE when this option is specified. Additionally, $BASE is set in the environment. -g, --gui When git-difftool is invoked with the -g or --gui option the default diff tool will be read from the configured diff.guitool variable instead of diff.tool. See git-diff(1) for the full list of supported options. CONFIG VARIABLES
git difftool falls back to git mergetool config variables when the difftool equivalents have not been defined. diff.tool The default diff tool to use. diff.guitool The default diff tool to use when --gui is specified. difftool.<tool>.path Override the path for the given tool. This is useful in case your tool is not in the PATH. difftool.<tool>.cmd Specify the command to invoke the specified diff tool. See the --tool=<tool> option above for more details. difftool.prompt Prompt before each invocation of the diff tool. SEE ALSO
git-diff(1) Show changes between commits, commit and working tree, etc git-mergetool(1) Run merge conflict resolution tools to resolve merge conflicts git-config(1) Get and set repository or global options GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-DIFFTOOL(1)