Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to fetch rows based on line numbers or based on the beginning of a word? Post 302385109 by Muthuraj K on Thursday 7th of January 2010 05:17:27 AM
Old 01-07-2010
Yes, it gave me only the RMR row and not the expected result

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete rows based on line numbers in a file

I have to find the number of rows in a file and delete those many rows in another file. For example, if I have 3 rows in a file A, i have to delete first 3 rows in anothe file B, I have the code, it works as standalone, when I merge this with m application (c with unix), it doesnt work. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muthuraj K
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert rows based on line numbers

Can I insert rows based on line numbers. Say If I need to insert 1 or more rows in a file from line number 10. Can I do that in UNIX I have a file something like A B C D E F After row C, I wanted to add 2 records as X and Y. I have the line number after C as my reference. Can I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muthuraj K
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk fetch numbers after the word

Hi, I would want to fetch all the numbers after a word the number of characters could very. how can I do that? below is the example of the data and the expected output sample data 03 xxxx occurs 1090 times. 04 aslkja occurs 10 times. I would want to fetch 10 & 1090 separately. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
13 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cut words based on the word count of a line

I would like to cut words based on the word count of a line. This over here inspired me with some ideas but I wasn't able to get what I needed. https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/105841-count-words-each-line-file-using-xargs.html If the line has 6 words I would like to use this.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract rows from file based on row numbers stored in another file

Hi All, I have a file which is like this: rows.dat 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 8 7 8 9 0 4 3 2 3 4 5 6 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 I have another file with numbers like these (numbers.txt): 1 3 4 5 I want to read numbers.txt file line by line. The extract the row from rows.dat based on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting file based on line numbers

Hello friends, Is there any way to split file from n to n+6 into 1 file and (n+7) to (n+16) into other file etc. f.e I have source pipe delimated file with 20 lines and i need to split 1-6 in file1 and 7-16 in file2 and 17-20 in file 3 I need to split into fixed number of file like 4 files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rizzu155
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assigning rank to rows of numbers based on the last column

I have a tab delimited text file that looks like the following: ERBB3 0.00097 IL31RA 0.000972 SETD5 0.000972 MCART1 0.000973 CENPJ 0.000973 FNDC6 0.000974 I want to assign a number to each row based on the value in the last column (in the order of increasing value so that the first row... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove certain lines from file based on start of line except beginning and ending

Hi, I have multiple large files which consist of the below format: I am trying to write an awk or sed script to remove all occurrences of the 00 record except the first and remove all of the 80 records except the last one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nwalsh88
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] awk solution to add sequential numbers based on a word

Hi experts, I've been struggling to format a large genetic dataset. It's complicated to explain so I'll simply post example input/output $cat input.txt ID GENE pos start end blah1 coolgene 1 3 5 blah2 coolgene 1 4 6 blah3 coolgene 1 4 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
4 Replies
OCI_SET_PREFETCH(3)													       OCI_SET_PREFETCH(3)

oci_set_prefetch - Sets number of rows to be prefetched by queries

SYNOPSIS
bool oci_set_prefetch (resource $statement, int $rows) DESCRIPTION
Sets the number of rows to be buffered by the Oracle Client libraries after a successful query call to oci_execute(3) and for each subse- quent internal fetch request to the database. For queries returning a large number of rows, performance can be significantly improved by increasing the prefetch count above the default oci8.default_prefetch value. Prefetching is Oracle's efficient way of returning more than one data row from the database in each network request. This can result in better network and CPU utilization. The buffering of rows is internal to OCI8 and the behavior of OCI8 fetching functions is unchanged regardless of the prefetch count. For example, oci_fetch_row(3) will always return one row. The prefetch buffer is per-statement and is not used by re-executed statements or by other connections. Call oci_set_prefetch(3) before calling oci_execute(3). A tuning goal is to set the prefetch value to a reasonable size for the network and database to handle. For queries returning a very large number of rows, overall system efficiency might be better if rows are retrieved from the database in several chunks (i.e set the prefetch value smaller than the number of rows). This allows the database to handle other users' statements while the PHP script is processing the current set of rows. Query prefetching was introduced in Oracle 8 i. REF CURSOR prefetching was introduced in Oracle 11 gR2 and occurs when PHP is linked with Oracle 11 gR2 (or later) Client libraries. Nested cursor prefetching was introduced in Oracle 11 gR2 and requires both the Oracle Client libraries and the database to be version 11 gR2 or greater. Prefetching is not supported when queries contain LONG or LOB columns. The prefetch value is ignored and single-row fetches will be used in all the situations when prefetching is not supported. When using Oracle Database 12 c, the prefetch value set by PHP can be overridden by Oracle's client oraaccess.xml configuration file. Refer to Oracle documentation for more detail. PARAMETERS
o $statement -A valid OCI8 statement identifier created by oci_parse(3) and executed by oci_execute(3), or a REF CURSOR statement identifier. o $rows - The number of rows to be prefetched, >= 0 RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+------------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +------------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.2 (PECL OCI8 1.4) | | | | | | | Before this release, $rows must be >= 1. | | | | |5.3.0 (PECL OCI8 1.3.4) | | | | | | | Before this release, prefetching was limited to | | | the lesser of $rows rows and 1024 * $rows bytes. | | | The byte size restriction has now been removed. | | | | +------------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 Changing the default prefetch value for a query <?php $conn = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); $stid = oci_parse($conn, 'SELECT * FROM myverybigtable'); oci_set_prefetch($stid, 300); // Set before calling oci_execute() oci_execute($stid); echo "<table border='1'> "; while ($row = oci_fetch_array($stid, OCI_ASSOC+OCI_RETURN_NULLS)) { echo "<tr> "; foreach ($row as $item) { echo " <td>".($item !== null ? htmlentities($item, ENT_QUOTES) : "&nbsp;")."</td> "; } echo "</tr> "; } echo "</table> "; oci_free_statement($stid); oci_close($conn); ?> Example #2 Changing the default prefetch for a REF CURSOR fetch <?php /* Create the PL/SQL stored procedure as: CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE myproc(p1 OUT SYS_REFCURSOR) AS BEGIN OPEN p1 FOR SELECT * FROM all_objects WHERE ROWNUM < 5000; END; */ $conn = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); $stid = oci_parse($conn, 'BEGIN myproc(:rc); END;'); $refcur = oci_new_cursor($conn); oci_bind_by_name($stid, ':rc', $refcur, -1, OCI_B_CURSOR); oci_execute($stid); // Change the prefetch before executing the cursor. // REF CURSOR prefetching works when PHP is linked with Oracle 11gR2 or later Client libraries oci_set_prefetch($refcur, 200); oci_execute($refcur); echo "<table border='1'> "; while ($row = oci_fetch_array($refcur, OCI_ASSOC+OCI_RETURN_NULLS)) { echo "<tr> "; foreach ($row as $item) { echo " <td>".($item !== null ? htmlentities($item, ENT_QUOTES) : "&nbsp;")."</td> "; } echo "</tr> "; } echo "</table> "; oci_free_statement($refcur); oci_free_statement($stid); oci_close($conn); ?> If PHP OCI8 fetches from a REF CURSOR and then passes the REF CURSOR back to a second PL/SQL procedure for further processing, then set the REF CURSOR prefetch count to 0 to avoid rows being "lost" from the result set. The prefetch value is the number of extra rows fetched in each OCI8 internal request to the database, so setting it to 0 means only fetch one row at a time. Example #3 Setting the prefetch value when passing a REF CURSOR back to Oracle <?php $conn = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/orcl'); // get the REF CURSOR $stid = oci_parse($conn, 'BEGIN myproc(:rc_out); END;'); $refcur = oci_new_cursor($conn); oci_bind_by_name($stid, ':rc_out', $refcur, -1, OCI_B_CURSOR); oci_execute($stid); // Display two rows, but don't prefetch any extra rows otherwise // those extra rows would not be passed back to myproc_use_rc(). // A prefetch value of 0 is allowed in PHP 5.3.2 and PECL OCI8 1.4 oci_set_prefetch($refcur, 0); oci_execute($refcur); $row = oci_fetch_array($refcur); var_dump($row); $row = oci_fetch_array($refcur); var_dump($row); // pass the REF CURSOR to myproc_use_rc() to do more data processing // with the result set $stid = oci_parse($conn, 'begin myproc_use_rc(:rc_in); end;'); oci_bind_by_name($stid, ':rc_in', $refcur, -1, OCI_B_CURSOR); oci_execute($stid); ?> SEE ALSO
oci8.default_prefetch ini option . PHP Documentation Group OCI_SET_PREFETCH(3)