Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Show entire lines with diff command Post 302385106 by jal_capri on Thursday 7th of January 2010 05:11:34 AM
Old 01-07-2010
If I provide -W 250, I understand both the file's content will be adjusted in width of 125 characters, correct me if I am wrong. and if that's correct, then what about the files that have longer than 125 characters?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diff Command to return the number of lines inserted,deleted and changed.

Hello, I have to compare two files file1 and file2, retrieve the number of lines modified (added, deleted or modified) in file2. Output must be like: File2: Added Deleted Changed Total ------ ------- -------- ----- 2 1 1 4 Somebody... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmattam
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Show the entire line using ps

Using the vanilla ps -ef I noticed that the CMD (or command) line gets cut off after 90 characters UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD root 6020 3822 0 Jun 19 ? 0:01 ./webservd-wdog -r /export/opt/sows/61sp4 -d /export/opt/sows/61sp4/https-logse Googling... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SixSigma1978
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show the diff in two files using awk

Hi, How can i use AWK or any other commands to find the difference between 2 files. File A aaa bbb ccc 111 222 File B aaa ccc 111 Output bbb 222 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gambit97
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in replacing two blank lines with two lines of diff data

Hi.. I'm facing a trouble in replacing two blank lines in a file using shell script... I used sed to search a line and insert two blank lines after the searchd line using the following sed command. sed "/data/{G;G;}/" filename . In the file, after data tag, two lines got inserted blank lines..... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjun_arippa
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed show lines text between 2 blank lines

I have a file like blah blah blah blah this is the text I need, which might be between 1-4 lines, but always has a blank line above and below it, and is at the end of the text file the code tags don't show the trailing blank line. I started by deleting the last blank line with: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make diff show differences one line at a time and not group them?

Is there a way to tell diff to show differences one line at a time and not to group them? For example, I have two files: file1: line 1 line 2 line 3 diff line 4 diff line 5 diff line 6 line 7 file2: line 1 line 2 line 3 diff. line 4 diff. line 5 diff. line 6 line 7 (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmr11408
13 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[diff] hide missing rows, show similar

Hi all! Having the following two csv files: file1 AAA;0000;RED CCC;9900;GREEN file2 AAA;0000;BLACK BBB;0099;BLU What's the correct syntax to hide only the missing rows (BBB,CCC) and show the rows that differ only with last field? I expect something like this: diff <options> file1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Evan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add two common lines on entire file

Hi Hi i have 500 lines of file,each line i need to add another two lines also need to separate with one line for every 3 lines after adding two lines.How to achieve this using shell? For example: Input file : dn: uid=apple,dc=example,dc=com dn: uid=ball,dc=example,dc=com output:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzme
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diff command file entries in different lines

Hello, I have two files to compare these contain some contents like this : FIle 1 : A B C E File 2 has some new entries and the old entries are in some different ordre File 2 could be like this : C E A B G I (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Match pattern only between certain lines in entire file

Hello, I have input that looks like this: * 0 -1 103 0 0 m. 7 LineNr 23 ClauseNr 1: 1: 1: 304: 0 0 SentenceNr 13 TxtType: Q Pargr: 2.1 ClType:MSyn PS004,006 ZBX= 0 1 1 0 7 -1 -1 3 2 3 2 -1 1 1 -1 -1 -1 -1 0 501 0 PS004,006 ZBX ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
2 Replies
ARITHMETIC(6)							   Games Manual 						     ARITHMETIC(6)

NAME
arithmetic - provide drill in number facts SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/arithmetic [ +-x/ ] [ range ] DESCRIPTION
Arithmetic types out simple arithmetic problems, and waits for an answer to be typed in. If the answer is correct, it types back "Right!", and a new problem. If the answer is wrong, it replies "What?", and waits for another answer. After every twenty problems, it publishes statistics on correctness and the time required to answer. To quit the program, type an interrupt (delete). The first optional argument determines the kind of problem to be generated; +-x/ respectively cause addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division problems to be generated. One or more characters can be given; if more than one is given, the different types of problems will be mixed in random order; default is +-. Range is a decimal number; all addends, subtrahends, differences, multiplicands, divisors, and quotients will be less than or equal to the value of range. Default range is 10. At the start, all numbers less than or equal to range are equally likely to appear. If the respondent makes a mistake, the numbers in the problem which was missed become more likely to reappear. As a matter of educational philosophy, the program will not give correct answers, since the learner should, in principle, be able to calcu- late them. Thus the program is intended to provide drill for someone just past the first learning stage, not to teach number facts de novo. For almost all users, the relevant statistic should be time per problem, not percent correct. 7th Edition May 6, 1986 ARITHMETIC(6)