Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need tune my command occupying 90% CPU Post 302385080 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 7th of January 2010 04:09:12 AM
Old 01-07-2010
Your original script looks fine and should take sub seconds to finish. I do not think you need to change anything. I agree with jlliagre that the problem must lie somewhere else.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Application occupying CPU resources

Dear all, I have a pro c application running in the unix environement. This pro c program actually trigger by a java application from sun workstation. Recently, when we released a new proc c application and notice that the application occupying the CPU resources even through we check that the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghho
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tune my logic of script

I have big log file, which contains the netstat output from my application server to a particular DB server. I aim is to plot a daily graph for this. Please find the sample log file below. @ - ........................................................... @ - Total number of connection to the ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthilkumar_ak
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tune my query

I have a requirement to separate only some numbers from the input file and produce it in a format. The input is ( i have took a sample, the actual file contains more than 50000 rows around 840 MB in size) $cat temp.txt 001 08 002 08 003 06 004 11 005 11 006 08 007 08 008 92* 009 92 010... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senthil.ak
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Please tune my script for Solaris

I have very big log file around 2-3 GB in that it contians 24 hours log data. My work is extract only 5-5 data and count the patterns from them. I worte a script in linux and we're using that. sed -n "/2009 05:/,/2009 17:/p" trace.log | grep -f patterns.txt > temp.log while read string ;do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil.ak
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to find the Memory and CPU utilization using 'top' command

Hi all, I found like top command could be used to find the Memory and CPU utilization. But i want to know how to find the Memory and CPU utilization for a particular user using top command. Thanks in advance. Thanks, Ananthi.U (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananthi_ku
2 Replies

6. Programming

SQL : Fine tune Insert by query

i would like to know how can i fine tune the following query since the cost of the query is too high .. insert into temp temp_1 select a,b,c,d from xxxx .. database used is IDS.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: expert
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tune my script

Hi ! My script read out data out of 144 files per day - every ten minutes a file with data. data-file WR030B 306.71 0 WR050B 315.13 0 WR120B 308.34 0 WV030B 3.52 0 WV050B 5.06 0 WV120B 6.65 0 TLUFT02B 8.60... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Files not getting deleted with rm & occupying space in filesystem

Hello, OS version is Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.5 (Santiago). In one of the filesystem some old files post clone are not getting removed even with 'rm' # ls -ltr | grep meagpd_62.dbf -rw-rw---- 1 oracle oinstall 34358697984 Sep 1 08:46 meagpd_62.dbf # rm... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saharookiedba
7 Replies
ILS(1)							      General Commands Manual							    ILS(1)

NAME
ils - List inode information SYNOPSIS
ils [-emOpvV] [-f fstype ] [-s seconds ] [-i imgtype ] [-o imgoffset ] [-b dev_sector_size] image [images] [start-stop] ils [-aAlLvVzZ] [-f fstype ] [-s seconds ] [-i imgtype ] [-o imgoffset ] image [images] [start-stop] DESCRIPTION
ils opens the named image(s) and lists inode information. By default, ils lists only the inodes of removed files. Arguments: -e List every inode in the file system. -f fstype Specifies the file system type. Use '-f list' to list the supported file system types. If not given, autodetection methods are used. -s seconds The time skew of the original system in seconds. For example, if the original system was 100 seconds slow, this value would be -100. -m Display the inode details in the format that the mactime program reads (replaces the ils2mac script from TCT) -O List only inodes of removed files that are still open or executing. This option is short-hand notation for -aL "(see the fine con- trols section below). (this used to be -o). -p Display orphan inodes (unallocated with no file name) -r (default) List only inodes of removed files. This option is short-hand notation for -LZ (see the fine controls section below). -i imgtype Identify the type of image file, such as raw or split. Use '-i list' to list the supported types. If not given, autodetection methods are used. -o imgoffset The sector offset where the file system starts in the image. -b dev_sector_size The size, in bytes, of the underlying device sectors. If not given, the value in the image format is used (if it exists) or 512-bytes is assumed. -v Turn on verbose mode, output to stderr. -V Display Version. image [images] One (or more if split) disk or partition images whose format is given with '-i'. start-stop Examine the specified inode number or number range. Fine controls: -a List only allocated inodes: these belong to files with at least one directory entry in the file system, and to removed files that are still open or executing. -A List only unallocated inodes: these belong to files that no longer exist. -l List only inodes with at least one hard link. These belong to files with at least one directory entry in the file system. -L List only inodes without any hard links. These belong to files that no longer exist, and to removed files that are still open or executing. -z List only inodes with zero status change time. Presumably, these inodes were never used. -Z List only inodes with non-zero status change time. Presumably, these belong to files that still exist, or that existed in the past. The output format is in time machine format. The output begins with a two-line header that describes the data origin, and is followed by a one-line header that lists the names of the data attributes that make up the remainder of the output: st_ino The inode number. st_alloc Allocation status: `a' for allocated inode, `f' for free inode. st_uid Owner user ID. st_gid Owner group ID. st_mtime UNIX time (seconds) of last file modification. st_atime UNIX time (seconds) of last file access. st_ctime UNIX time (seconds) of last inode status change. st_dtime UNIX time (seconds) of file deletion (LINUX only). st_mode File type and permissions (octal). st_nlink Number of hard links. st_size File size in bytes. st_block0,st_block1 The first two entries in the direct block address list. SEE ALSO
mactime(1) LICENSE
This software is distributed under the IBM Public License. HISTORY
First appeared in The Coroners Toolkit (TCT) 1.0. AUTHOR(S) Wietse Venema IBM T.J. Watson Research P.O. Box 704 Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA This version is maintained by Brian Carrier (carrier at sleuthkit dot org) Send documentation updates to <doc-updates at sleuthkit dot org> ILS(1)