Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Dynamic Downloading and executing of ELF files Post 302385030 by ravinder.are on Thursday 7th of January 2010 02:02:07 AM
Old 01-07-2010
Dynamic Downloading and executing of ELF files

Dear Group,

I want to prepare an ELF file which can be downloaded dynamically to any address in the moemory and executes as a new task/thread/process.

1) for this what are all the compileation, linker options while building the ELF file?
2) which parts of ELF file has to modified while loading?(what setions or offset)
3) please suggest me how the Dynamic download loader should be to achieve this.

Thanks,
Ravinder

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

dynamic names for .tar.gz files?

Hi All, I have a requirement to zip and compress files with dynamic names (which includes date and time component in their names) needs to be compressed with same name. for example I have a file T.30.SLS_ORD.SO.27.2_2_2.20080623.041415.dat which needs to archived as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srinivas_paluku
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running elf files

I have a few questions about elf files and how they are executed. When gcc compiles a elf file it creates an executable. Is this executable then run directly by the hardware or does the kernel get involved, interpret the elf file and place the asm code directly in memory. Cheers (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mshindo
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Downloading one day old files from FTP site

HI, I'm downloading one day old files from ftp site. Below is my script ---------------------------- printf "open $HOST \n" > ftp.cmd printf "user $USER $PASSWD\n" >> ftp.cmd printf "bin\n" >> ftp.cmd #printf "cd /Models/\n" >> ftp.cmd printf "prompt\n" >> ftp.cmd printf "for oldfile... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_v4
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script - ftp downloading serveral files without mget

Hello guys, i'm searching for a solution how to download all files from root-directory of an ftp-server through an ftp proxy getting through the ftp proxy and download one file with get ist no problem, but mget * does nothing! ftp -n -i -v <<EOF open proxyHost proxyPort user... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: macProgger23
19 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with dynamic configure cfg files

hi; i have one configuration file(configuration.cfg),where contents are below.. filename = charge.cfg sectionname = networkid = 1 retrytimes = 2 ------------- -------------- sectionname = networkid = 1 retrytimes = 2 filename = xyz.cfg ------------------ ----------------- There is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayan
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Downloading FTP Files

Hi every one, I have the requirement to download the files from FTP and move those files to unix box. Once after coping the files, i need to remove the files in FTP. I'm a newbie in Unix script. Can you please suggest a script for this.. Thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Murali4u
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Dynamic looping based on files

Hi I have to run the script (a part of the code) in a loop for the no of times the files present in the directory, by taking one file and process and next another file. For example, if we do ls and the result have: $ls abc.dat def.dat ghi.dat The script code should loop for 3... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

downloading mutilple files

hey i have a text file thats filled with info like this $ cat /private/var/lib/apt/lists/idwaneo.org_repo_._Packages Package: org.idwaneo.ldid Priority: optional Section: iDWANEO.org Maintainer: Admin <admin@idwaneo.org> Architecture: iphoneos-arm Version: 610-5 Pre-Depends: dpkg... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lewisdenny
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing 2 text files & downloading a file if the last lines are different

Hello I'm having a little difficulty in writing a shell script for a few simple tasks. First I have two files "file1.txt" and "file2.txt" and I want to read and compare the last line of each file. The files look like this. File1.txt File2.txt After comparing the two lines I would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RustikGaming
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Executing if dynamic conditions in awk

Hi All, I got struck at the below point where i am unable to get the desired output after forming the dynamic conditions.Below is the design. 1. We are getting inputs from the shell arguments and storing in a variable like below. CONDITIONS="1=CT,2=US_10,3=CT_US_10" 2. After this i am... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: cskumar
14 Replies
GELF_CHECKSUM(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					  GELF_CHECKSUM(3)

NAME
elf32_checksum, elf64_checksum, gelf_checksum -- return the checksum of an ELF object LIBRARY
ELF Access Library (libelf, -lelf) SYNOPSIS
#include <libelf.h> long elf32_checksum(Elf *elf); long elf64_checksum(Elf *elf); #include <gelf.h> long gelf_checksum(Elf *elf); DESCRIPTION
These functions return a simple checksum of the ELF object described by their argument elf. The checksum is computed in way that allows its value to remain unchanged in presence of modifications to the ELF object by utilities like strip(1). Function elf32_checksum() returns a checksum for an ELF descriptor elf of class ELFCLASS32. Function elf64_checksum() returns a checksum for an ELF descriptor elf of class ELFCLASS64. Function gelf_checksum() provides a class-independent way retrieving the checksum for ELF object elf. RETURN VALUES
These functions return the checksum of the ELF object, or zero in case an error was encountered. ERRORS
These functions may fail with the following errors: [ELF_E_ARGUMENT] Argument elf was NULL. [ELF_E_ARGUMENT] Argument elf was not a descriptor for an ELF file. [ELF_E_ARGUMENT] The ELF descriptor elf was not opened for reading or updating. [ELF_E_CLASS] For functions elf32_checksum() and elf64_checksum(), ELF descriptor elf did not match the class of the called function. [ELF_E_HEADER] The ELF object specified by argument elf had a malformed executable header. [ELF_E_RESOURCE] An out of memory condition was detected during processing. [ELF_E_SECTION] The ELF object specified by argument elf contained a section with a malformed section header. [ELF_E_VERSION] The ELF object was of an unsupported version. SEE ALSO
strip(1), elf(3), gelf(3) BSD
August 29, 2006 BSD