Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To remove a particular record from File Post 302384873 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 6th of January 2010 02:05:07 PM
Old 01-06-2010
Try:

Code:
grep -i -v -f filter.csv inputfile.csv

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove duplicated xml record in a file under unix

Hi, If i have a file with xml format, i would like to remove duplicated records and save to a new file. Is it possible...to write script to do it? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to remove last record on file

Hi, First time on the forum. I have converted some files using the Unix to DOS command but need to strip off the last record that is generated from this conversion that contains just a ^Z. Is there any command that would accomplish this without having to do stream editing? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mheinen
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove First and Last Record from a file

Hi All, Could some one help me how to delete first & last record from a file Thanks in Advance....... Regards Cherrry (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravikuc
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove a particular record from a file?

Please tell me the command(s) to remove a particular record from the file and placing the rest of the record in a seperate file. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanu_pathak
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To remove the record from a file

Hi , In need to remove the record marked in red My input is as below : 1|ETG|63121387883|Alternate|Y 2||| 3|79.58|||GBP|| 4|001137001 4|0011372 5|1021701 5|1021901 1|ETG|63121387884|Alternate|Y 2||| 3|79.58|||GBP|| 4|001137001 5|1021702 5|1021802 1|ETG|63128363077|Alternate|Y 2|||... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laxmi131
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove newline chars in each record of file

Hi, I have a fixed width file with record length 10. I need to remove multiple newline characters present in each record. EX: af\n72/7\n s\n3\nad\n 2\n\n33r\n In the above file I want to remove new lines in red color(\n) but not (\n) Please provide me a solution. Thanks, Sri (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srilaxmi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove particular record from a file

Hi:), I am having 110 records in a file and I want to delete particular record (say 63rd) . Which command can be use to achieve this ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: devmns
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove space from each record in file?

Hi , I want to remove space from each record in one file My file is like BUD, BDL ABC, DDD, ABC ABC, DDD, DDD, KKK The o/p should be BUD,BDL ABC,DDD,ABC ABC,DDD,DDD,KKK Can any one help me regarding this? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagdishrout
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract timestamp from first record in xml file and it checks if not it will replace first record

I have test.xml <emp><id>101</id><name>AAA</name><date>06/06/14 1811</date></emp> <Join><id>101</id><city>london</city><date>06/06/14 2011</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>new york</city><date>06/06/14 1811</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>sydney</city><date>06/06/14... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsraju
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting error not able remove the record

export PATH=$PATH:/opt/IBM/db2/V9.5/95fp4/bin DB2INSTANCE=bancbcb1 export DB2INSTANCE db2 "connect to dyaxprpt user xyz using byx" echo "Load lastest data start" Row=$(db2 –x “delete from xyz.ROL_yxpwhere axl_ING_ID in(50127,50455,503458,175748)”) If ; then echo “no data deleted” elif ;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagu
2 Replies
PROCESSCSV.PY(1)					      Virtualization Support						  PROCESSCSV.PY(1)

NAME
processcsv.py - process virt-top CSV files SUMMARY
virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv DESCRIPTION
virt-top is a top(1)-like utility for showing stats of virtualized domains. processcsv.py is a simple Python script that post-processes the output of "virt-top --csv". It is used like this: virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv The second command will overwrite the following files in the current directory: "global.csv" This contains the global (host) statistics columns from the CSV file. "domainNN.csv" (multiple files) For each libvirt domain ID NN, a file is created containing the per-domain statistics from the CSV file. SEE ALSO
virt-top(1) AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones <rjones @ redhat . com> COPYRIGHT
(C) Copyright 2007-2012 Red Hat Inc., Richard W.M. Jones http://libvirt.org/ This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. virt-top-1.0.8 2013-12-29 PROCESSCSV.PY(1)