Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Aaarrggghhh HP warranty ran out Post 302384840 by vbe on Wednesday 6th of January 2010 12:27:19 PM
Old 01-06-2010
Difficult to answer...
What boxes are you willing to maintain? (server - model...)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Ran out of space on /dev/root partition

hi, I have a SCO unix server which has a 36gb hard drive, but the IT company who supplied it assigned 1gb to /dev/root, 15mb to /dev/boot and 33gb to /dev/u. The /dev/root partition is now full, is there a way I can use the 33gb assigned to /dev/u without loosing any data, preferably... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Martyn
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

which user ran which command

can we come to know all the command ran bya user for last 1 day (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: narang.mohit
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify if ran by su or sudo?

Recently I was on an operational call and heard the people running my code placing the code in the /tmp directory and running as root. I had not planned on that. So I want to add some checks to my code (using ksh93): # ---------- ---------- ---------- # root not allowed to run this #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ericdp63
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find hangs when ran under superuser.

When I ran the following find command under a "regular" user is completes but it limited because of perms. find / -name "*.*" | xargs grep something > ok But when I try to run it under su, it hangs and never completes. Any suggestion? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
4 Replies

5. AIX

IBM AIX ran into error u0.1-p1-v2

Hi Guys, Is there any one can help me with the below error message dispalys on the LED panel. 10112633 u0.1-p1-v2 I bought a second hand IBM 7029 6C3 online several days ago. On the fist day, it can be ran well. but on second day, when i tried to boot up the machine, after few mins, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andylai
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find whether a script ran or not

Hi, I have written a script and placed in an application and the script can be executed manually only. But somehow one of the method in the script is being called and bringing the application down. But we are not able to find any instance of script running. Is there a way to findout whether the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Test if script was ran w/ nohup

I want to test if script.sh is being run with nohup ... but $0 does not contain nohup part... purpose: script.sh should only be ran with nohup if user forgets nohup then it should echo "run with nohup" && exit....... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: holyearth
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking if command ran in parallel

Hi, I am running below code For I in $var do .......some line of code....... nohup Sqlplus apps/apps <<EOF & My_proc($I) Exit EOF done Nohup and & is used for parallel processing. Can someone help in determining if the procedure with different arguments Was called paralley or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratiksha Mehra
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How many times did the scipt ran?

Hi, Can we able to identify how many times any script was ran per day/week/month/year wise (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: penqueen
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

CentOS 6 ran out of space, need to reclaim it

Hello everyone, I am having an issue here with CentOS release 6.6 (Final) that shows all of the space used up, but I can't tell where the space went. Seemingly I am using up 100%, according to df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: DannyBoyCentOS
27 Replies
FAXANSWER(8C)															     FAXANSWER(8C)

NAME
faxanswer - tell a HylaFAX server to answer the telephone SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxanswer [ -q queue-dir ] [ -h how ] modem DESCRIPTION
faxanswer sends a message to the HylaFAX faxgetty(8C) process servicing modem telling it to answer the telephone. This is useful, for example, when a modem is used on a shared phone line and the server is configured to not normally answer the phone. The specified modem can either be the name (typically the last component of the terminal port the modem is attached to), or the full name of the associated FIFO named pipe file, e.g. ``FIFO.ttym2''. OPTIONS
-q dir Use a spooling area other than /var/spool/fax. -h Specify exactly how the phone should be answered. By default, the server process is instructed to answer the phone and accept any kind of call (voice, data, fax). Discrimination of the type of call is dependent on a modem's adaptive-answer support. The -h option can be used to force the server to answer the phone for particular type of call: one of fax, data, voice, any, extern (to force faxgetty to invoke an external application to to handle the call), or dialX (where X is a dialstring to dial before initiating a fax reception). If using dialX, the specified dialstring will likely need to end with a semicolon (``;''). FILES
/var/spool/fax default spooling area /var/spool/fax/FIFO fifo for contacting faxq Consult hylafax-server(5F) for a complete discussion of the structure and content of the spooling area. SEE ALSO
hylafax-server(5F), faxgetty(8C) May 23, 1996 FAXANSWER(8C)