Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Regular expression (regex) required Post 302384707 by shams11 on Wednesday 6th of January 2010 06:11:28 AM
Old 01-06-2010
MySQL

@anchal

in first name field I want to block multiple dots
ex:

FirstName should not be => . (dot)or .......(multiple dots)

it can be => a.b.c.

am using => split( [^a-zA-Z0-9.] )

But it does not workSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression + Aritmetical Expression

Is it possible to combine a regular expression with a aritmetical expression? For example, taking a 8-numbers caracter sequece and casting each output of a grep, comparing to a constant. THX! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Z0mby
2 Replies

2. Linux

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" .... i need regular expression

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rag84dec
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regular expression / regex substition on Unicode text

I have a large file encoded in Unicode that I need to convert to CSV. In general, I know how to do this by regular expression substitutions using sed or Perl, but one problem I am having is that I need to put a quotation mark at the end of each line to protect the last field. The usual regex... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thomas.hedden
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Required help in perl regular expression substitution for this date format

Hi, I have written a small perl script to handle particular date format using perl, but it is not substituting the whole string. Can some one please check on what is the issue with the code. $_ = "Date: November 25, 2010 09:02:01 PM";... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies

6. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing a regex as variable to awk and using that as regular expression for search

Hi All, I have a sftp session log where I am transferring multi files by issuing "mput abc*.dat". The contents of the logfile is below - ################################################# Connecting to 10.75.112.194... Changing to: /home/dasd9x/testing1 sftp> mput abc*.dat Uploading... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: k_bijitesh
7 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Regular expression (regex) clean up text

Hi, Server - MEDIAWIKI - MYSQL - CENTOS 5 - PHP5 I have a database import of close to a million pages into my wiki, mediawiki site, the format that were left with is not pretty, and I need to find a way to clean this up and present it nicely... I think regex is the best option as I can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lawstudent
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in writing the regular expression.

1 1982 1 testing init.cc 3001 Apr 25 2014 09:56:13.617 Task(0x5bac5060) tRestart (stack st:0x5bace000, end:0x5bac8000) deleted 1 1982 1 testing init.cc 3001 Apr 25 2014 09:56:13.628 Task(0x5bac5060) tRestart (stack st:... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
12 Replies
mkmanifest(1)						      General Commands Manual						     mkmanifest(1)

NAME
mkmanifest - mtools utility to create a shell script to restore UNIX file names from DOS SYNOPSIS
mkmanifest [files] OPTIONS
None OPERANDS
A list of UNIX file names to be converted to DOS name format. DESCRIPTION
The mkmanifest command creates a shell script that aids in the restore of UNIX file names that were overwritten by DOS file name restric- tions. DOS file names are uppercase only, cannot exceed 8 character names, 3 character extensions and do not support device names or non- alphanumeric characters. Not all UNIX file names are supported in the DOS world. The mtools commands may have to change UNIX names to fit the DOS file name conven- tions. Most commands provide the verbose option (-v), that displays new file names if they have been changed. The following table shows some examples of file name conversions: ----------------------------------------------- UNIX name DOS name Reason for the change ----------------------------------------------- thisisatest THISISAT file name too long file.stuff FILE.STU extension too long prn.txt XRN.TXT PRN is a device name .abc X.ABC null file name hot+cold HOTXCOLD illegal character ----------------------------------------------- EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: Success. Failure. EXAMPLES
Assume you have the following UNIX files that you want to copy to a DOS diskette using the mcopy command. very_long_name 2.many.dots illegal: good.c prn.dev Capital The mcopy command converts these file names to the following: very_lon 2xmany.dot illegalx good.c xprn.dev capital To restore the previous file names, use the mkmanifest command as follows: mkmanifest very_long_name 2.many.dots illegal: good.c prn.dev Capital > manifest The previous mkmanifest command line produces the following: mv very_lon very_long_name mv 2xmany.dot 2.many.dots mv illegalx illegal: mv xprn.dev prn.dev mv capital Capital The good.c file name did not require conversion, hence it was not included in the output. If these files were copied from diskette to another UNIX system, and you wanted to restore the original names, retain a copy of the mani- fest file (captured output) so that it can be used to convert the file names again. FILES
Executable file SEE ALSO
Commands: mcopy(1), mtools(1) mkmanifest(1)