Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Difference between vxvm and svm Post 302384704 by incredible on Wednesday 6th of January 2010 05:59:20 AM
Old 01-06-2010

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

VxVM

All solaris rescue gurus out there .... I've a Solaris 2.6 E450 on which my sysadmin guy has deleted every file (not sub-directories) from the /etc directory. The machine is (was) running Vxvm with the root volume encapsulated. I've tried booting from CDROM, mounting the root volume... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy11983
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

vmstat -d with VxVM

I've got a Linux box that I'm pretty sure is having some disk issues. iostat isn't installed, but vmstat is, so i've been trying to use that to do some initial diagnostics while I go through our company's change control process to get iostat installed. The problem I'm having is that the disks... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kknigga
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Command to find the failed disks in SVM and VxVM

How to find & replace bad disks in solaris & VXVM?plz explain step by step? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtreams
2 Replies

4. Solaris

ZFS and VxVM

Hi community, I've a hard question for you. 1)What are the differences between ZFS and Veritas Volume Manager on Solaris10? 2) what is the difference to manage the internal disks (Mirror)? 3) what is the difference to manage the external disks? 4) What is the difference to manage... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
5 Replies

5. Solaris

No of volumes in vxvm

Anyone knows that how many volumes can be created in a Diskgroup? Thanks in advance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bpsunadm
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Veritas VxVM & Vxfs to SVM and UFS

Hi, I have 2 hosts with Veritas VxVM and VxFS (5.0 MP3_RP2). I need to use the application filesystem's luns from these 2 hosts and mount it on another 2 hosts that are running Solaris 9 09/05 and SVM. Is there resources online or has someone tried this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xor
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Veritas VxVM & Vxfs to SVM and UFS

Hi, I have 2 hosts with Veritas VxVM and VxFS (5.0 MP3_RP2). I need to use the application filesystem's luns from these 2 hosts and mount it on another 2 hosts that are running Solaris 9 09/05 and SVM. Is there resources online or has someone tried this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xor
4 Replies

8. Solaris

vxvm

hi all, how can we check whether vxvm is installed in our system or not in solaris? Thanks in advance dinu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinu
4 Replies

9. Programming

what is the main difference between difference between using nonatomic lseek and O_APPEND

I think both write at the end of the file ...... but is there a sharp difference between those 2 instruction ..... thank you this is my 3rd question today forgive me :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to calculate difference of split and sum the difference

In the awk I am trying to subtract the difference $3-$2 of each matching $4 before the first _ (underscore) and print that value in $13. I think the awk will do that, but added comments. What I am not sure off is how to add a line or lines that will add sum each matching $13 value and put it in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
SVMOCAS(1)						      General Commands Manual							SVMOCAS(1)

NAME
svmocas - train a binary linear SVM classifier SYNOPSIS
svmocas [options] example_file model_file DESCRIPTION
svmocas is a program that trains a binary linear SVM classifier using the Optimized Cutting Plane Algorithm for Support Vector Machines (OCAS) and produces a model file. example_file is a file with training examples in SVM^light format, and model_file is the file in which to store the learned linear rule f(x)=w'*x+w0. model_file contains d lines, where d is the number of data dimensions. The first n lines are coordinates of w and the last line is w0. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. General options: -h Show summary of options. -v (0|1) Set the verbosity level (default: 1) Learning options: -c float Regularization constant C. (default: 1) -C constants_file If specified, each example has a different regularization constant, taken from the text file constants_file. Each line of the text file must contain a single constant (positive double) for the corresponding example. If -C is used, then the -c option is ignored. -b (0|1) Value of the L2-bias feature. A value of 0 implies not having bias. (default: 0) -n integer Use only the first integer examples for training. By default, integer equals the number of examples in example_file. Optimization options: -m (0|1) Solver to be used: 0 ... standard cutting plane (equivalent to BMRM, SVM^perf) 1 ... OCAS (default) -s integer Cache size for cutting planes. (default: 2000) -p integer Number of threads. (default: 1) Stopping conditions: -a float Absolute tolerance TolAbs: halt if QP-QD <= TolAbs. (default: 0) -r float Relative tolerance TolAbs: halt if QP-QD <= abs(QP)*TolRel. (default: 0.01) -q float Desired objective value QPValue: halt is QP <= QPValue. (default: 0) -t float Halts if the solver time (loading time is not counted) exceeds the time given in seconds. (default: infinity) EXAMPLES
Train the binary SVM classifier from riply_trn.light, with the regularization constant C=10, bias switched on, verbosity switched off, and save model to svmocas.model: svmocas -c 10 -b 1 -v 0 riply_trn.light svmocas.model Compute the testing error of the classifier stored in svmocas.model with linclass(1) using testing examples from riply_tst.light and save the predicted labels to riply_tst.pred: linclass -e -o riply_tst.pred riply_tst.light svmocas.model SEE ALSO
msvmocas(1), linclass(1). AUTHORS
svmocas was written by Vojtech Franc <xfrancv@cmp.felk.cvut.cz> and Soeren Sonnenburg <Soeren.Sonnenburg@tu-berlin.de>. This manual page was written by Christian Kastner <debian@kvr.at>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). June 16, 2010 SVMOCAS(1)