Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Network attack - so what?
Special Forums Cybersecurity Network attack - so what? Post 302384677 by Neo on Wednesday 6th of January 2010 04:54:05 AM
Old 01-06-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action
In my logs I find entries about attacks on my system. I know IP addresses, I know date and time and I know what they tried to do. So what's the best I can do now? Tell everybody that there are cybercriminals on that network? Write an email to their admin? Anything else?
This question cannot be answered unless you describe the nature of the attack.

Your question is so vague, that we have no idea, really what you are talking about. A web attack? An SSH login attempt? A simple scan? Spam? What kind of attack?

Why would you ask such a question without providing any details and expect to get a useful answer?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bruteforce attack on my pc

since putting my pc online, it keeps getting slower and i dig the logfile to have such a surprise: this is just one of a many and I beleived it's a bruteforce attack how do i block this IP 200.41.81.228 from trying to knock my online pc? my system: FreeBSD testing.net 6.2-STABLE-JE... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdns
6 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Replay Attack

REPLAY ATTACK. Can some one elobrate on measures to encounter this problem of replay atack on network. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashvin Gaur
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

Bizzare network attack?

A server I host is having very rare glitches where a file the user downloads will have incorrect contents. This almost never happens when I am looking, I caught it once and only once -- a user messaged me saying his antivirus had given him a warning about an image file downloaded from his... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
2 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

What I think is a DoS attack

About 3 days ago our Apache logs started filling with the following errors: mod_ssl: SSL handshake failed (server <weberver>:443, client 41.235.234.172) (OpenSSL library error follows) OpenSSL: error:1408A0B7:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:no ciphers specified These initially were... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
1 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Found attack from

Hi, I have a belkin router installed and a look at the security log has got me worried a little bit. Security log: Fri Jan 29 20:41:46 2010 =>Found attack from 68.147.232.199. Source port is 58591 and destination port is 12426 which use the TCP protocol. Fri Jan 29 20:41:46 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jld
1 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

UUCP attack?

Is this an attack attempt? I got an e-mail from 'uucp Admin' last night and again this morning: What does it mean and what can I do about it? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctafret
4 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

DDOS attack please help!

Dear community, my site was recently attacjed by DDOS technique and goes down in a few minutes. My site runs under Debian/Apache2/Mysql. I identified the IPs who attack me and block it through iptable firewall from debian. Something like: iptables -D INPUT -s xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -j DROP This... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
7 Replies
ARITHMETIC(6)							 BSD Games Manual						     ARITHMETIC(6)

NAME
arithmetic -- quiz on simple arithmetic SYNOPSIS
arithmetic [-o +-x/] [-r range] DESCRIPTION
arithmetic asks you to solve problems in simple arithmetic. Each question must be answered correctly before going on to the next. After every 20 problems, it prints the score so far and the time taken. You can quit at any time by typing the interrupt or end-of-file character. The options are as follows: -o By default, arithmetic asks questions on addition of numbers from 0 to 10, and corresponding subtraction. By supplying one or more of the characters +-x/, you can ask for problems in addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, respectively. If you give one of these characters more than once, that kind of problem will be asked correspondingly more often. -r If a range is supplied, arithmetic selects the numbers in its problems in the following way. For addition and multiplication, the numbers to be added or multiplied are between 0 and range, inclusive. For subtraction and division, both the required result and the number to divide by or subtract will be between 0 and range. (Of course, arithmetic will not ask you to divide by 0.) The default range is 10. When you get a problem wrong, arithmetic will remember the numbers involved, and will tend to select those numbers more often than others, in problems of the same sort. Eventually it will forgive and forget. arithmetic cannot be persuaded to tell you the right answer. You must work it out for yourself. DIAGNOSTICS
``What?'' if you get a question wrong. ``Right!'' if you get it right. ``Please type a number.'' if arithmetic doesn't understand what you typed. SEE ALSO
bc(1), dc(1) BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD