Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Need Help with g++ and/or codaLite Post 302384265 by Corona688 on Monday 4th of January 2010 04:41:03 PM
Old 01-04-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by henslewm
My question pertains to the compilation error I am receiving from g++. At the top of the file cMsgRoc.cc the header file exists as

#include <string>

etc etc

the string.h file exists in /usr/include and contains the corresponding function so that I'm assuming it is up to date.
#include <string> includes something like /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/include/g++-v4/string, and not /usr/include/string.h. The C++ string headers have nothing to do with the C ones. Try adding the line
Code:
#include <string.h>

Or even strings.h, as strncasecmp's manpage suggests it needs.

libplot(3LIB)							Interface Libraries						     libplot(3LIB)

NAME
libplot, lib300, lib300s, lib4014, lib450, libvt0 - graphics interface libraries SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lplot [ library... ] #include <plot.h> DESCRIPTION
Functions in this library generate graphics output. INTERFACES
The shared object libplot.so.1 provides the public interfaces defined below. See Intro(3) for additional information on shared object interfaces. arc box circle closepl closevt cont erase label line linemod move openpl openvt point space FILES
/usr/lib/libplot.so.1 shared object /usr/lib/64/libplot.so.1 64-bit shared object /usr/lib/lib300.so.1 shared object /usr/lib/64/lib300.so.1 64-bit shared object /usr/lib/lib300s.so.1 shared object /usr/lib/64/lib300s.so.1 64-bit shared object /usr/lib/lib4014.so.1 shared object /usr/lib/64/lib4014.so.1 64-bit shared object /usr/lib/lib450.so.1 shared object /usr/lib/64/lib450.so.1 64-bit shared object /usr/lib/libvt0.so.1 shared object /usr/lib/64/libvt0.so.1 64-bit shared object ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsl (32-bit) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | |SUNWcslx (64-bit) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pvs(1), Intro(3), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 13 Jun 2003 libplot(3LIB)