Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Need Help with g++ and/or codaLite Post 302384249 by henslewm on Monday 4th of January 2010 02:11:10 PM
Old 01-04-2010
Need Help with g++ and/or codaLite

I am running a linux-x86 machine with Ubuntu 9.10. Currently we are trying to re-build the data acquisition system in my lab, and to do this we must interface the linux machine with a VME crate via codaLite.

My question pertains to the compilation error I am receiving from g++. At the top of the file cMsgRoc.cc the header file exists as

#include <string>
etc etc

the string.h file exists in /usr/include and contains the corresponding function so that I'm assuming it is up to date.

I've hit a stand-still and would really appreciate any help! Thanks in advance!

g++ -I../libsrc++ -I. -I/usr/local/codaLite/coda/include -I/usr/local/codaLite/coda/include -I/usr/local/codaLite/coda/include -I/apps/expat/include -I/usr/local/codaLite/coda/include -Wall -fPIC -D_GNU_SOURCE -m32 -D_REENTRANT -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -c -o .Linux-i686/objects/cMsgRoc.o cMsgRoc.cc
cMsgRoc.cc: In member function ‘void cMsgRoc::evThread()':
cMsgRoc.cc:233: warning: ‘i' may be used uninitialized in this function
g++ -L/usr/local/codaLite/coda/Linux-i686/lib -m32 .Linux-i686/objects/cMsgRoc.o -L/usr/local/codaLite/coda/Linux-i686/lib -lcmsgxx -lcmsg -lcmsgRegex -L/usr/local/codaLite/coda/Linux-i686/lib -levioxx -levio -L/apps/expat/lib -lexpat -L/usr/local/codaLite/coda/Linux-i686/lib -lcodaObject -lieee -lrt -lpthread -lz -lm -lnsl -lresolv -ldl -o .Linux-i686/bin/cMsgRoc
g++ -I../libsrc++ -I. -I/usr/local/codaLite/coda/include -I/usr/local/codaLite/coda/include -I/usr/local/codaLite/coda/include -I/apps/expat/include -I/usr/local/codaLite/coda/include -Wall -fPIC -D_GNU_SOURCE -m32 -D_REENTRANT -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -c -o .Linux-i686/objects/cMsgRoc2.o cMsgRoc2.cc
cMsgRoc2.cc: In function ‘void decode_command_line(int, char**)':
cMsgRoc2.cc:376: error: ‘strncasecmp' was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [cMsgRoc2.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/codaLite/codaObject/src/execsrc'
make: *** [install] Error 2

Devel::Loaded(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Devel::Loaded(3pm)

NAME
Loaded - Post-execution dump of loaded modules SYNOPSIS
perl -MDevel::Loaded -Sc programname 2>/dev/null DESCRIPTION
The Devel::Loaded module installs an at-exit handler to generate a dump of all the module files used by a Perl program. If used in conjunction with a perl -c, you find those files loaded in at compile time with "use". If you are willing to wait until after the program runs, you can get them all. EXAMPLES
This is compile-time only: $ perl -MDevel::Loaded -S -c perldoc 2>/dev/null /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/Exporter.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/strict.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/vars.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux/Config.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/Getopt/Std.pm This will also catch run-time loads: #!/usr/bin/perl use Devel::Loaded; ... SEE ALSO
The plxload and the pmload programs, which use this technique. AUTHORS and COPYRIGHTS Copyright (C) 1999 Tom Christiansen. Copyright (C) 2006-2008 Mark Leighton Fisher. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either: (a) the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 1, or (at your option) any later version, or (b) the Perl "Artistic License". (This is the Perl 5 licensing scheme.) Please note this is a change from the original pmtools-1.00 (still available on CPAN), as pmtools-1.00 were licensed only under the Perl "Artistic License". perl v5.10.1 2010-02-22 Devel::Loaded(3pm)