Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Need Help with g++ and/or codaLite Post 302384249 by henslewm on Monday 4th of January 2010 02:11:10 PM
Old 01-04-2010
Need Help with g++ and/or codaLite

I am running a linux-x86 machine with Ubuntu 9.10. Currently we are trying to re-build the data acquisition system in my lab, and to do this we must interface the linux machine with a VME crate via codaLite.

My question pertains to the compilation error I am receiving from g++. At the top of the file cMsgRoc.cc the header file exists as

#include <string>
etc etc

the string.h file exists in /usr/include and contains the corresponding function so that I'm assuming it is up to date.

I've hit a stand-still and would really appreciate any help! Thanks in advance!

g++ -I../libsrc++ -I. -I/usr/local/codaLite/coda/include -I/usr/local/codaLite/coda/include -I/usr/local/codaLite/coda/include -I/apps/expat/include -I/usr/local/codaLite/coda/include -Wall -fPIC -D_GNU_SOURCE -m32 -D_REENTRANT -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -c -o .Linux-i686/objects/cMsgRoc.o cMsgRoc.cc
cMsgRoc.cc: In member function ‘void cMsgRoc::evThread()':
cMsgRoc.cc:233: warning: ‘i' may be used uninitialized in this function
g++ -L/usr/local/codaLite/coda/Linux-i686/lib -m32 .Linux-i686/objects/cMsgRoc.o -L/usr/local/codaLite/coda/Linux-i686/lib -lcmsgxx -lcmsg -lcmsgRegex -L/usr/local/codaLite/coda/Linux-i686/lib -levioxx -levio -L/apps/expat/lib -lexpat -L/usr/local/codaLite/coda/Linux-i686/lib -lcodaObject -lieee -lrt -lpthread -lz -lm -lnsl -lresolv -ldl -o .Linux-i686/bin/cMsgRoc
g++ -I../libsrc++ -I. -I/usr/local/codaLite/coda/include -I/usr/local/codaLite/coda/include -I/usr/local/codaLite/coda/include -I/apps/expat/include -I/usr/local/codaLite/coda/include -Wall -fPIC -D_GNU_SOURCE -m32 -D_REENTRANT -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -c -o .Linux-i686/objects/cMsgRoc2.o cMsgRoc2.cc
cMsgRoc2.cc: In function ‘void decode_command_line(int, char**)':
cMsgRoc2.cc:376: error: ‘strncasecmp' was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [cMsgRoc2.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/codaLite/codaObject/src/execsrc'
make: *** [install] Error 2

CODA(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   CODA(4)

NAME
coda -- Coda Distributed File System SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: options CODA Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): coda_load="YES" To load as a kernel loadable module after boot: kldload coda DESCRIPTION
The coda kernel module allows the experimental, third-party Coda distributed file system client to be used with FreeBSD. The module allows the userspace Coda client daemon, Venus, to present the Coda distributed file system namespace via the local /coda file system mountpoint via the /dev/cfs0 special device. To use Coda, the Coda client software package must also be installed; more information on Coda may be found in the Coda documentation dis- tributed with that package. SEE ALSO
loader.conf(5), kldload(8) HISTORY
Support for coda first appeared in FreeBSD 3.0. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
The Coda distributed file system is considered experimental, and production deployment should occur only after careful consideration of the risks of deploying experimental software. BSD
January 21, 2008 BSD