Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Need Help with g++ and/or codaLite Post 302384249 by henslewm on Monday 4th of January 2010 02:11:10 PM
Old 01-04-2010
Need Help with g++ and/or codaLite

I am running a linux-x86 machine with Ubuntu 9.10. Currently we are trying to re-build the data acquisition system in my lab, and to do this we must interface the linux machine with a VME crate via codaLite.

My question pertains to the compilation error I am receiving from g++. At the top of the file cMsgRoc.cc the header file exists as

#include <string>
etc etc

the string.h file exists in /usr/include and contains the corresponding function so that I'm assuming it is up to date.

I've hit a stand-still and would really appreciate any help! Thanks in advance!

g++ -I../libsrc++ -I. -I/usr/local/codaLite/coda/include -I/usr/local/codaLite/coda/include -I/usr/local/codaLite/coda/include -I/apps/expat/include -I/usr/local/codaLite/coda/include -Wall -fPIC -D_GNU_SOURCE -m32 -D_REENTRANT -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -c -o .Linux-i686/objects/cMsgRoc.o cMsgRoc.cc
cMsgRoc.cc: In member function ‘void cMsgRoc::evThread()':
cMsgRoc.cc:233: warning: ‘i' may be used uninitialized in this function
g++ -L/usr/local/codaLite/coda/Linux-i686/lib -m32 .Linux-i686/objects/cMsgRoc.o -L/usr/local/codaLite/coda/Linux-i686/lib -lcmsgxx -lcmsg -lcmsgRegex -L/usr/local/codaLite/coda/Linux-i686/lib -levioxx -levio -L/apps/expat/lib -lexpat -L/usr/local/codaLite/coda/Linux-i686/lib -lcodaObject -lieee -lrt -lpthread -lz -lm -lnsl -lresolv -ldl -o .Linux-i686/bin/cMsgRoc
g++ -I../libsrc++ -I. -I/usr/local/codaLite/coda/include -I/usr/local/codaLite/coda/include -I/usr/local/codaLite/coda/include -I/apps/expat/include -I/usr/local/codaLite/coda/include -Wall -fPIC -D_GNU_SOURCE -m32 -D_REENTRANT -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -c -o .Linux-i686/objects/cMsgRoc2.o cMsgRoc2.cc
cMsgRoc2.cc: In function ‘void decode_command_line(int, char**)':
cMsgRoc2.cc:376: error: ‘strncasecmp' was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [cMsgRoc2.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/codaLite/codaObject/src/execsrc'
make: *** [install] Error 2

PLXLOAD(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       PLXLOAD(1p)

NAME
plxload - show what files a perl program loads at compile time SYNOPSYS
$ plxload DESCRIPTION
This program is used to show what modules a program would load at compile time via "use". Because this installs an at-exit handler and then uses Perl's -c flag for compile only, it will not find modules loaded at run-time. Use the Devel::Loaded module for that. EXAMPLES
$ plxload perldoc /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/Exporter.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/strict.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/vars.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux/Config.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/Getopt/Std.pm $ plxload /usr/src/perl5.005_54/installhtml /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/Carp.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/Exporter.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/auto/Getopt/Long/autosplit.ix /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/strict.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/vars.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/Pod/Functions.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/Getopt/Long.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux/Config.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/lib.pm /home/tchrist/perllib/Pod/Html.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/Cwd.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/AutoLoader.pm SEE ALSO
Devel::Loaded and pmload(1). AUTHORS and COPYRIGHTS Copyright (C) 1999 Tom Christiansen. Copyright (C) 2006-2008 Mark Leighton Fisher. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either: (a) the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 1, or (at your option) any later version, or (b) the Perl "Artistic License". (This is the Perl 5 licensing scheme.) Please note this is a change from the original pmtools-1.00 (still available on CPAN), as pmtools-1.00 were licensed only under the Perl "Artistic License". perl v5.10.1 2010-02-22 PLXLOAD(1p)