Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Configuring Ubuntu 9.04 as a TFTP Server Post 302384246 by andyblaylock on Monday 4th of January 2010 01:42:08 PM
Old 01-04-2010
Thanks , I will give that a shot.

andy

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

tftp configuring on Solaris 5.7

Hi, I need to setup a tftp facility on a Sun server. Can someone help me urgently, i need this to be up at the earliest. Regards, Vivek :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek_scv
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix tftp server

Does anyone know of a Unix TFP server that can tftp more then 32 meg? For Windows there is http://tftpd32.jounin.net but I cannot see a Unix one. Thoughts???? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: calieddy
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Please help me in configuring network in Ubuntu

Hi Friends, I have installed Ubuntu in win xp system with the help of Vmware workstation.Can anyone tell me how to configure network in Ubuntu.I mean how to connect it to Internet. Thanks in advance, Eajaz. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajazshariff
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Improperly formatted value for 'tftp-server' error while booting the target from LAN

Hi, I wish to install solaris 10 on a target machine (t1000) by using Jumpstart. I have configured by jumpstart environment for the same. When i boot the target with the option "boot net -v install" i get the following error... {0} ok boot net -v install Boot device: /pci@7c0/pci@0/network@4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemalsid
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

put command issues with a tftp server

From a remote client, I'm trying to create a timestamped directory and put a file inside the directory. The directory and the file are not present already inside the tftp server. If I need to put a file inside a tftp server, which is not existing already what should I need to do.. I face errors... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amudha
9 Replies

7. Solaris

configuring boot server

Hi experts, I want to configure a boot server, tried googling for some document for steps and all leads to JumpStart server. Any help with be much appreciated Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
9 Replies

8. IP Networking

TFTP Server Timeout issue

Hi, I'm running CentOS 5 as guest using VMware player. My host is Windows Xp. I'm running tftp server in CentOS. I have disabled firewall in both windows and CentOS. I use two different networks with different netmasks on CentOS. I'm able to ping the Centos (tftp server) from another Linux machine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suryaemlinux
1 Replies
af_files(3)						    Attribute Filesystem (AtFS) 					       af_files(3)

NAME
af_crkey, af_open, af_close, af_rm, af_establish, af_restore - AtFS file system operations SYNOPSIS
#include <stdio.h> #include <atfs.h> int af_crkey (char *syspath, char *name, char *type, Af_key *aso) FILE *af_open (Af_key *aso, char *mode) int af_close (FILE *stream) int af_rm (Af_key *aso) int af_establish (Af_key *aso, char *filename) int af_restore (Af_key *aso, Af_key *restoredAso) DESCRIPTION
af_crkey creates an object key for a regular UNIX file identified by name, type and system path. syspath is an either absolute or relative directory name. An empty syspath refers to the current directory. By convention, AtFS interprets the filename suffix of a UNIX file as type and the filename without suffix as name attribute. To give an example, the path name /usr/andy/foo.c is split up in /usr/andy (syspath) foo (name) c (type) A period as first character in the filename is always considered as part of the name. Hence .cshrc has a name but no type. "." and ".." are recognized as names too. If the named UNIX file does not exist, af_crkey creates an empty file. The created key remains accessible until it is explicitly given up by af_dropkey (manual page af_retrieve(3)). af_open opens the contents of the ASO pointed to by aso and associates a stream with it. A pointer to the FILE structure associated with the stream is returned. Mode is a character string that is either "r[+]", "w[+]" or "a[+]". See fopen(3) for further details. Upon error, af_open returns a NULL pointer. Non-busy ASOs can only be opened with mode "r". If a non-busy ASO is opened, it's contents will be placed in a temporary UNIX file due to storage of versions as deltas. af_close closes a stream previously opened by af_open (see fclose(3)). Temporary files created by af_open, holding the contents of a saved versions are unlinked right after being opened so that they will automatically disappear on closing. af_rm removes the specified ASO. The application has to have a lock (see af_lock(3)) set on the ASO that shall be deleted by af_rm. ASOs with the state attribute set to accessed or frozen cannot be removed. If you keep multiple keys of one object (perhaps in different sets) af_rm invalidates all keys of the removed object. As AtFS does not support multiple links to saved ASOs, af_rm on a saved version always does a physical removal. af_establish establishes the contents of the saved version, pointed to by aso in a file named filename. The resulting file gets the ver- sion's modification and access date. af_restore is used to restore formerly saved derived ASOs into their old file location. It also restores the file modification and access date. This function cannot be applied to source objects. af_restore returns the key of the restored version in the buffer restoredAso. SEE ALSO
fopen(3), fclose(3), af_retrieve(3), af_lock(3) DIAGNOSTICS
Upon error, -1 or a nil pointer (depending on the return type) is returned and af_errno is set to the corresponding error number. AtFS-1.71 Fri Jun 25 14:33:07 1993 af_files(3)