Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to pull info under headers in file(awk,grep,while loop) Post 302384241 by dnbert on Monday 4th of January 2010 01:12:14 PM
Old 01-04-2010
So, I'm sorry if I didn't understand you, but are you just wanting to omit the HBA part. If that's the case, just use grep -v

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to write a script to loop through a port info file

Below is part of a script i have written to loop through part of a port info file. How do i continue the script to get info for OS Device Name, manufacturer and then put information into an array? HBA Port WWN: 10000000c9420b4b OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c10 Manufacturer: Emulex... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcon1
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using awk (or whatever) to pull and append data in a new file

One of the fortunate things about posting in a "Dummies" forum is you probably aren't expecting a lot of out me... I'm trying to pull fields from two lines in the same file(s), and then append them together in a new file. So...I get a nice line-by-line of the first bit of data I'm looking... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Milano_EH3
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to pull info from my email?

Hi, I need help writing a script that would pull info from an email inbox and add it to an Evolution Calendar. I'm pretty sure I can google the commands to add the info to the calendar. The part that I really need help with is getting the info from the email into the command. Basically for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xinix
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging of files with different headers to make combined headers file

Hi , I have a typical situation. I have 4 files and with different headers (number of headers is varible ). I need to make such a merged file which will have headers combined from all files (comman coluns should appear once only). For example - File 1 H1|H2|H3|H4 11|12|13|14 21|22|23|23... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marut_ashu
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep Headers

Hi! Trying to find string and then put the above Headers of corresponding fist line. After executing a Property command a get this output: SP/CH-CH Span Name Type TG Idle InUse OffHk OnHk Ring -------- ------------------------------ ------ ---- ----- ----- ----- 02/01-24 CARRIERSS7... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joel_john
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat 114 files using grep or awk to pull muliple fields

Files xxxxxxx.txt ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Req.By: xxxxxxx WABUSH MINES - xxxxxx MINE (1001) Page: 1 Run on: 12/14/09... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sctxms
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove interspersed headers in .dat file with AWK

Heya there, A small selection of my data is shown below. DATE TIME FRAC_DAYS_SINCE_JAN1 2011-06-25 08:03:20.000 175.33564815 2011-06-25 08:03:25.000 175.33570602 2011-06-25 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gd9629
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to loop line in a file and add info or do echo

I have a record.txt it will update weekly, and it could be 2 lines or more ... it just echo each line to the script san jose,23.34% tampa,2.15% dallas,30.20% seattle,44.29% Unknown,16.72% How do i write a shell script to give me a test.pl or bash file which contain #!/home/perl... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabercats
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pull out multiple lines with grep patternfile

Hi, I'm trying to get lines from a file using identifiers in the first two columns. I have used: cat MasterFile.txt | grep -f Pattern.txt and the lines I want display on screen. If I try to put them in a file the file is created but stays empty: cat MasterFile.txt | grep -f Pattern.txt... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: FGPonce
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep/awk part of info of a column

I have a question that I am at a loss to solve. I have 3 column tab-separated data, such as: abs nmod+n+n-commitment-n 349.200023 abs nmod+n+n-a-commitment-n 333.306429 abs into+ns-j+vn-pass-rb-divide-v 295.57316 abs nmod+n+ns-commitment-n 182.085018 abs nmod+n+n-pledge-n ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
2 Replies
HBA_RefreshInformation(3HBAAPI) 	      Common Fibre Channel HBA Information Library Functions		   HBA_RefreshInformation(3HBAAPI)

NAME
HBA_RefreshInformation, HBA_RefreshAdapterConfiguration - refresh information for a specific HBA SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lHBAAPI [ library... ] #include <hbaapi.h> void HBA_RefreshInformation(HBA_HANDLE handle); void HBA_RefreshAdapterConfiguration(void); PARAMETERS
handle an open handle returned from HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI) DESCRIPTION
The HBA_RefreshInformation() function requests that the underlying VSL reload all information about the given HBA. This function should be called whenever any function returns HBA_STATUS_ERROR_STALE_DATA, or if an index that was previously valid returns HBA_STATUS_ERROR_ILLE- GAL_INDEX. Because the underlying VSL can reset all indexes relating to the HBA, all old index values must be discarded by the caller. The HBA_RefreshAdapterConfiguration() function updates information about the HBAs present on the system. This function does not change any of the relationships between the HBA API and adapters that have not been reconfigured. HBA handles continue to refer to the same HBA even if it is no longer installed. The HBA name or index assigned by the library remains assigned to the same HBA even if it has been removed and reinstalled, as long as the bus position, WWN, and OS device have not changed. Adapter that have been removed and not replaced cannot have their HBA handles, HBA names, and HBA indexes reassigned. Calls to these adapters will generate HBA_STATUS_ERROR_UNAVAILABLE. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: FC-MI 1.92 (API version 1) | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ | |Standard: FC-HBA Version 4 (API ver- | | |sion 2) | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI), libhbaapi(3LIB), attributes(5) T11 FC-MI Specification SunOS 5.11 1 Sep 2003 HBA_RefreshInformation(3HBAAPI)