Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to Recover Deleted Files Post 302384147 by rrstone on Monday 4th of January 2010 07:02:08 AM
Old 01-04-2010
You can try :
Linux.com : ext3undel
if you FS is ext3 .
I am not sure if it will work , though . Restore from backup , if any , this is the safe way .

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recover deleted files

Is there a Unix tool, like in Novell, to recover accidentally deleted files? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuultak
2 Replies

2. AIX

recover deleted files

How to recover deleted files in AIX ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vjm
1 Replies

3. Linux

recover deleted files from memory stick

I'm running Fedora Core4. I deleted images off of my Sony DSC-P73 digital camera's memory stick. I'm looking for a *nix tool to recover the photos from the memory stick. Does anyone know of such a tool? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to recover files deleted using rm command???

Hi All, I just mistakingly deleted some files using rm command.Is there a way to get it back?i work on Solaris 10 Thanks, Kumar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to recover deleted files in unix

Hi Experts, by mistake i deleted some files that are very important to the project. is there any way that i can recover those files,there is no backup for that but the details of the file we know. This will be a great help. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
5 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Recover deleted partition

Hi, I have got 2 hdds (2x Seagate 7200.12, 500GB). I had two RAID volumes on them: 1: 100GB RAID0 (strip) 2: ~415GB RAID1 (mirror) due to problems with matrix I removed RAID0 and RAID1 - i thougth that all data from RAID1 would be available. Unfortunately it is not. On 1 disk I set... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
7 Replies

7. Red Hat

Recover deleted files from linux server machine..

Hi, I am working Linux server machine. Somebody by mistake(or may be knowingly) deleted few folders and files from the machine. How is this possible to recover those files and folders????:confused: I normally logged in through Putty and winscp only. And don't have any history for putty... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pamu
8 Replies

8. Linux

Recover deleted files on Linux server

Hi Guys, Greetings!. I have executed the cronjob that runs the shell script which is in directory.When the cronjob was executed , I found that the directory where the script resides has got deleted. Note: The directory was deleted with other use not root user. The... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: reminisce
9 Replies
TSK_RECOVER(1)						      General Commands Manual						    TSK_RECOVER(1)

NAME
tsk_recover - Export files from an image into a local directory SYNOPSIS
tsk_recover [-vVae] [-i imgtype ] [-b dev_sector_size ] [-o sector_offset ] [-d dir_inum ] image output_dir DESCRIPTION
tsk_recover recover files to the output_dir from the image. By default recovers only unallocated files. With flags, it will export all files. The arguments are as follows: -v verbose output to stderr -V Print version -a Recover allocated files only -e Recover all files (allocated and unallocated) -i imgtype The format of the image file (use '-i list' for supported types) If not given, autodetection methods are used. -b dev_sector_size The size (in bytes) of the device sectors If not given, autodetection methods are used. -o sector_offset Sector offset for a volume to recover (recovers only that volume) If not given, will attempt to recover all volumes in image and save them to different folders. -d dir_inum Directory inum to recover from (must also specify a specific partition using -o or there must not be a volume system) EXAMPLES
To recover only unallocated files from image.dd to the recovered directory: # tsk_recover ./recovered ./image.dd AUTHOR
Brian Carrier <carrier at sleuthkit dot org> Send documentation updates to <doc-updates at sleuthkit dot org> TSK_RECOVER(1)