Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Substract a certain number to the names of several files Post 302384075 by Epictete on Monday 4th of January 2010 07:49:02 PM
Old 01-04-2010
Oh yes, exactly what I needed for understanding the scripts; I didn't find anything about the meaning of %% and ##. Now I've got a lot to do! I'm gonna read that. Thank's!

---------- Post updated at 01:37 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:34 AM ----------

So that one doesn't have to adapt the script to the first number of the photos, it's better to add the 3 first lines:

Code:
echo -n "Enter the number of the first photo: "
read num
ls | while read name
do
  ext=${name##*.}
  first=${name%.*}
  pre=${first%%[0-9]*}
  nr=${first##*[^0-9]}
  newnr=$(printf "%03d" $((nr-num+1)))
  mv "$name" "${pre}${newnr}.${ext}"
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

total number of files which have "aaa" in files whose names are File*_bbb*

I am getting the list of all the files which have "aaa" from files whose name is File*_bbb*. grep -l "aaa" File*_bbb* But I want to count the number of files. That is I want the total number of files which have "aaa" in files File*_bbb* If I run the following for getting number of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudheshnaiyer
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files with names that have a real number greater then difined.

I am trying to find all files in a directory whose name has a real number larger then the number I am looking for. For example: . |-- delta.1.5.sql |-- delta.2.1.sql |-- delta.2.2.sql |-- delta.2.3.sql |-- delta.2.4.sql `-- delta.2.5.sql I know my database is at 2.2 so I want an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harmonwood
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the number of non-duplicate names recursively.

Hi, here comes another newbie question: How to find the number of non-duplicate names recursively? For example, my files are stored in the folders like: If I do find . -depth -name "*.txt" | wc -l This will gives out a result "4". One .txt file named "1.txt" in folder "1", and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiapei100
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Substract time between two columns

I've start and end time in two columns. How can I substract time from column 2 and column 1 and receive output in another file 'd' ? $ cat c 12:55:04 2:03:56 2:03:56 3:20:17 14:00:00 13:05:00 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alps0206
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substract and print

Dear all, I need your help. I have file input like this: input.txt: R1031 50111G1 R1031 50121G1 R1031 50131G1 R1031 50141G1 R1031 50151G1 . . . . Desired output: 10315011 = G, 10315012 =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: attila
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to count number of files in directory and write to new file with number of files and their name?

Hi! I just want to count number of files in a directory, and write to new text file, with number of files and their name output should look like this,, assume that below one is a new file created by script Number of files in directory = 25 1. a.txt 2. abc.txt 3. asd.dat... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
20 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substract 1 Month from MonthID

Hi, I am writing a small unix command to substract one month from the MonthID. If MonthID = 201301 the below script returns me 201212 if ] then a=`echo $monthid | cut -c1-4` b=`expr $a - 1` c=12 echo "$b$c" else a=`echo $monthid | cut -c5-6` b=`expr $a - 1` c=`echo $monthid | cut... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files containing package names and version number

I have 2 files each containing a list of same fedora packages but with different version number. I want to compare the 2 files and remove the lines containing a newer or older version number (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asya18
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude certain file names while selectingData files coming in different names in a file name called

Data files coming in different names in a file name called process.txt. 1. shipments_yyyymmdd.gz 2 Order_yyyymmdd.gz 3. Invoice_yyyymmdd.gz 4. globalorder_yyyymmdd.gz The process needs to discard all the below files and only process two of the 4 file names available ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting a column according to the number of names

Hey, So I'm having issues sorting a data set. The data set contains entries as such; # key: sex, time, athlete, athlete's nationality, date, city, country M, 2:30:57.6, Harry Payne, GBR, 1929-07-05, Stamford Bridge, England M, 2:5:42, Khalid Khannouchi, MAR, 1999-10-24, Chicago, USA M,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DNM_UKN
1 Replies
Locale::Script(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Locale::Script(3)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-06-03 Locale::Script(3)