Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Substract a certain number to the names of several files Post 302384071 by Scrutinizer on Sunday 3rd of January 2010 07:22:03 PM
Old 01-03-2010
OK, here it is with annotation:
Code:
ls | while read name                    
do
  ext=${name##*.}                      # ext becomes everything after the last dot
  first=${name%.*}                     # first becomes everything before the last dot
  pre=${first%%[0-9]*}                 # pre becomes every non-digit from the start (using the variable first)
  nr=${first##*[^0-9]}                 # nr becomes everything from the first digit until the end (using the variable first)
  newnr=$(printf "%03d" $((nr-214)))   # newnr becomes nr minus 214 and preambled with 0's so that it is always 3 digits.
  mv "$name" "${pre}${newnr}.${ext}"
done

This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

total number of files which have "aaa" in files whose names are File*_bbb*

I am getting the list of all the files which have "aaa" from files whose name is File*_bbb*. grep -l "aaa" File*_bbb* But I want to count the number of files. That is I want the total number of files which have "aaa" in files File*_bbb* If I run the following for getting number of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudheshnaiyer
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files with names that have a real number greater then difined.

I am trying to find all files in a directory whose name has a real number larger then the number I am looking for. For example: . |-- delta.1.5.sql |-- delta.2.1.sql |-- delta.2.2.sql |-- delta.2.3.sql |-- delta.2.4.sql `-- delta.2.5.sql I know my database is at 2.2 so I want an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harmonwood
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the number of non-duplicate names recursively.

Hi, here comes another newbie question: How to find the number of non-duplicate names recursively? For example, my files are stored in the folders like: If I do find . -depth -name "*.txt" | wc -l This will gives out a result "4". One .txt file named "1.txt" in folder "1", and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiapei100
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Substract time between two columns

I've start and end time in two columns. How can I substract time from column 2 and column 1 and receive output in another file 'd' ? $ cat c 12:55:04 2:03:56 2:03:56 3:20:17 14:00:00 13:05:00 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alps0206
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substract and print

Dear all, I need your help. I have file input like this: input.txt: R1031 50111G1 R1031 50121G1 R1031 50131G1 R1031 50141G1 R1031 50151G1 . . . . Desired output: 10315011 = G, 10315012 =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: attila
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to count number of files in directory and write to new file with number of files and their name?

Hi! I just want to count number of files in a directory, and write to new text file, with number of files and their name output should look like this,, assume that below one is a new file created by script Number of files in directory = 25 1. a.txt 2. abc.txt 3. asd.dat... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
20 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substract 1 Month from MonthID

Hi, I am writing a small unix command to substract one month from the MonthID. If MonthID = 201301 the below script returns me 201212 if ] then a=`echo $monthid | cut -c1-4` b=`expr $a - 1` c=12 echo "$b$c" else a=`echo $monthid | cut -c5-6` b=`expr $a - 1` c=`echo $monthid | cut... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files containing package names and version number

I have 2 files each containing a list of same fedora packages but with different version number. I want to compare the 2 files and remove the lines containing a newer or older version number (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asya18
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude certain file names while selectingData files coming in different names in a file name called

Data files coming in different names in a file name called process.txt. 1. shipments_yyyymmdd.gz 2 Order_yyyymmdd.gz 3. Invoice_yyyymmdd.gz 4. globalorder_yyyymmdd.gz The process needs to discard all the below files and only process two of the 4 file names available ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting a column according to the number of names

Hey, So I'm having issues sorting a data set. The data set contains entries as such; # key: sex, time, athlete, athlete's nationality, date, city, country M, 2:30:57.6, Harry Payne, GBR, 1929-07-05, Stamford Bridge, England M, 2:5:42, Khalid Khannouchi, MAR, 1999-10-24, Chicago, USA M,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DNM_UKN
1 Replies
gst-launch-ext-0.8(1)						   User Commands					     gst-launch-ext-0.8(1)

NAME
gst-launch-ext-0.8, gst-launch-ext - run a predefined GStreamer pipeline SYNOPSIS
gst-launch-ext-0.8 filename [filename...] [gst-std-options] gst-launch-ext filename [filename...] [gst-std-options] DESCRIPTION
gst-launch-ext-0.8 runs a basic predefined GStreamer pipeline, and prints the name of the pipeline. gst-launch-ext-0.8 is only used as a quick test to ensure that codecs and GStreamer work properly. gst-launch-ext-0.8 does not handle more advanced features such as synchro- nization. OPTIONS
The following options are supported by gst-launch-ext-0.8 and gst-launch-ext: gst-std-options Standard options available for use with most GStreamer applications. See gst-std-options(5) for more information. The following options are supported by gst-launch-ext only: --gst-list-mm List found major/minor versions. This option displays the versions that are available. --gst-mm=string Force major/minor version. This option enables you to specify a specific version to run, if you do not want to run the default version. --print Print wrapped command line. This option displays the command that will be run, and then runs the command. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: filename The name of the GStreamer pipeline to run. EXTENDED DESCRIPTION
gst-launch-ext-0.8 can be configured by creating a .gst file in your home directory. This PERL-style configuration file can override the default values for audio and video output sinks. The following example .gst file implements the same defaults as those hard-coded in the script: AUDIOSINK = osssink VIDEOSINK = ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink You can change osssink to esdsink, alsasink, or sunaudiosink, and you can change xvimagesink to ximagesink, aasink, or sdlvideosink. You must have the appropriate plugin installed on the system to use the specified output sink. Other GStreamer plug-ins can also be used. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching a GStreamer Pipeline example% gst-launch-ext-0.8 filename EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gst-launch-ext-Executable to run a predefined GStreamer pipeline ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-media | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gst-complete(1), gst-compprep(1), gst-feedback(1), gst-inspect(1), gst-launch(1), gst-md5sum(1), gst-register(1), gst-thumbnail(1), gst- typefind(1), gst-xmlinspect(1), gst-xmllaunch(1), gstreamer-properties(1), libgstreamer-0.8(3), libgstgetbits(3), gst-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 14 Oct 2004 gst-launch-ext-0.8(1)