Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Scripting sound preferences?
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Scripting sound preferences? Post 302384023 by CRGreathouse on Sunday 3rd of January 2010 09:29:59 AM
Old 01-03-2010
Output device.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell: Creating Preferences

In OS X I'm currently writing a bash script that requires writing to preference file. I may eventually want to share it with users on other Unix-like OSs and would like to accommodate for that possibility ahead of time. Most OS X applications save preferences in xml-format plist files. These... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: airsmurf
4 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Bluefish: where are the preferences saved?

I have just tried out Bluefish as an alternative to my regular text editor. If I save the modified preferences and reboot, the preferences have to be reentered again. Does anyone know which file the preferences are saved in? The command find / -mmin -5 | grep bluefish yields zero hits. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Locking Down Finder Command Preferences

I understand how to lock down things with the finder in workgroup manager, but for matching commands outside of the workgroup manager realm, what's the best way to insert script in order to disable any one of these features? Features workgroup manager highlights: -connect to server -shut... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unimachead
4 Replies
THIN_REPAIR(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    THIN_REPAIR(8)

NAME
thin_repair - repair thin provisioning binary metadata from device/file to device/file SYNOPSIS
thin_repair [options] -i {device|file} -o {device|file} DESCRIPTION
thin_repair reads binary thin provisioning metadata created by the respective device-mapper target from one device or file , repairs it and writes it to another device or file. If written to a metadata device , the metadata can be processed by the device-mapper target. -i, --input {device|file} Input file or device with binary metadata. -o, --output {device|file} Output file or device for repaired binary metadata. -h, --help Print help and exit. -V, --version Output version information and exit. EXAMPLE
Reads the binary thin provisioning metadata from file metadata , repairs it and writes it to logical volume /dev/vg/metadata for further processing by the respective device-mapper target: thin_repair -i metadata -o /dev/vg/metadata DIAGNOSTICS
thin_repair returns an exit code of 0 for success or 1 for error. SEE ALSO
thin_dump(8) thin_check(8) thin_restore(8) thin_rmap(8) thin_metadata_size(8) AUTHOR
Joe Thornber <ejt@redhat.com> Heinz Mauelshagen <HeinzM@RedHat.com> Red Hat, Inc. Thin Provisioning Tools THIN_REPAIR(8)