Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Duplicate IP address makes PowerHA ( HACMP ) down Post 302384017 by filosophizer on Sunday 3rd of January 2010 08:02:28 AM
Old 01-03-2010
Duplicate IP address makes PowerHA ( HACMP ) down

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone has faced this problem. Whenever there is a duplicate IP address, HACMP goes down infact HACMP ( PowerHA ) takes the whole system down.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

NETWORK IP ADDRESS on HACMP

Hi, I try to understand how to configure my ethernet network in a hacmp cluster. I have 2 nodes, 3 lan port on each node, and 1 service ip to cluster. I don't have any serial o iscsi heartbeat. Do you suggest me a possibile ip address configuration? I've many error whene I verify it from hacmp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hacmp
3 Replies

2. AIX

Virtual IP address in HACMP

I am new to HACMP V5.4 in AIX5.3.Please let me know how to get the virtual IP address configured for a HACMP cluster. Is this the correct way to identify it? If i give ifconfig -a the first ip address displayed is the real address of the host.So the other one can be VIP. Thanks in Advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guru13
3 Replies

3. AIX

HACMP does not start db2 after failover (db2nodes not getting modified by hacmp)

hi, when I do a failover, hacmp always starts db2 but recently it fails to start db2..noticed the issue is db2nodes.cfg is not modified by hacmp and is still showing primary node..manually changed the node name to secondary after which db2 started immediately..unable to figure out why hacmp is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkr747
4 Replies

4. AIX

Interoperability Oracle Clusterware - PowerHA/HACMP

I am planning for building a new database server using AIX 6.1 and Oracle 11.2 using ASM. As i have learned starting with Oracle 11.2 ASM can only be used in conjunction with Clusterware, which is Oracles HA-software. As is the companies policy we do intend to use PowerHA as HA-solution instead... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies

5. AIX

PowerHA HACMP on VIOS servers

Few questions regarding Power HA ( previously known as HACMP) and VIOS POWERVM IVM ( IBM Virtualization I/O Server ) Is it possible to create HACMP cluster between two VIOS servers Physical Machine_1 VIOS_SERVER_1 LPAR_1 SHARED_DISK_XX VIOS_SERVER_2 Physical Machine_2 LPAR_2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
6 Replies

6. AIX

PowerHA(HACMP) full vg loss - cluster hangs on release_vg_fs event

Hello, AIX 6.1 TL7 SP6 POwerHA 6.1 SP10 I was experimenting with new hacmp build. It's 3-node cluster build on AIX 6.1 lpars. It contains Ethernet and diskhb networks. Shared vg disk is SAN disk. Two nodes see disk using vscsi, third node sees disk using npiv. Application is db2 server. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
4 Replies

7. AIX

Powerha on AIX 6.1.9

hello ive installed powerha 7.1.3 on two servers aix 6.1.9 6100-09-03-1415 work with dmx4 EMC storgae. after sync cluster ( terminate with OK ) ive see that the repository disk upper only in one machine : hdiskpower60 00c7f6b59fc60d9d caavg_private active... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ariec
1 Replies

8. AIX

Production Issue in AIX Oracle RAC [errpt output : DUPLICATE IP ADDRESS DETECTED IN THE NET]

1)We have 2 node cluster RAC on AIX: ->test1 ->test3 2) After rebooting server both the node sequentailly, we are getting below error from errpt command : # errpt |more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION FE2DEE00 0901223914 P S SYSXAIXIF DUPLICATE IP ADDRESS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

C program to detect duplicate ip address if any after assigning ip address to ethernet interface

Hi , Could someone let me know how to detect duplicate ip address after assigning ip address to ethernet interface using c program (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
3 Replies

10. AIX

Upgrading PowerHA from 7.1.0 to 7.1.3

Hi All, As per the IBM upgrade/support matrix IBM Techdocs Technote: PowerHA for AIX Version Compatibility Matrix we can't do online upgrade or rolling migration from powerha v7.1.0 to v7.1.3. on AIX61_TL9_SP4, So we are following the steps as below ... 1 ) Bring down the cluster 2 )... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux.amrit
2 Replies
ppmquantall(1)						      General Commands Manual						    ppmquantall(1)

NAME
ppmquantall - run ppmquant on a bunch of files all at once, so they share a common colormap SYNOPSIS
ppmquantall [-ext extension] ncolors ppmfile ... DESCRIPTION
Takes a bunch of portable pixmap as input. Chooses ncolors colors to best represent all of the images, maps the existing colors to the new ones, and overwrites the input files with the new quantized versions. If you don't want to overwrite your input files, use the -ext option. The output files are then named the same as the input files, plus a period and the extension text you specify. Verbose explanation: Let's say you've got a dozen pixmaps that you want to display on the screen all at the same time. Your screen can only display 256 different colors, but the pixmaps have a total of a thousand or so different colors. For a single pixmap you solve this problem with ppmquant; this script solves it for multiple pixmaps. All it does is concatenate them together into one big pixmap, run ppmquant on that, and then split it up into little pixmaps again. (Note that another way to solve this problem is to pre-select a set of colors and then use ppmquant's -map option to separately quantize each pixmap to that set.) SEE ALSO
ppmquant(1), ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Jef Poskanzer. 27 July 1990 ppmquantall(1)