Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux cluster
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing Linux cluster Post 302384000 by rrstone on Sunday 3rd of January 2010 03:47:10 AM
Old 01-03-2010
SGE , Sun grid engine .
There is free version .

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux cluster

I have created a linux cluster using ROCKS. I have 4 comps hooked up now. front-end plus 3 nodes. Looking for way to test the system to see how effective it is (and if it actually works). Any help would be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skatinsky
1 Replies

2. Linux

How to setup Parallel Cluster in Linux

Hi, Hi, I work in NGO. They are migrating from windows to Linux. They can't spend so much money on servers. They have around 50 PCs. So I want to setup cluster on 2-3 PCs or more than that for setting up server. I am excepted to get their collective output. So that it will be compatible with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
5 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

Building a Linux Virtual Server cluster

Hi Guys, I'm busy building a LVS-NAT cluster on Red-Hat server 5.1 and I need a kernel that has LVS capabilities for a red-hat server 5.1. Is the anyone who can advise me where I can get this kernel. I have already visited the following site Ultra Monkey: and this has old kernels e.g. 2.4.20... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Duke
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

HA Cluster solution for Linux - which one to use?

Hi all experts, I need your kind suggestions or feedback on choice of clustering software for red hat linux nodes running certain applications which I need to make highly available. Minimum requirement is 2 nodes; all nodes shall be active-active running distinct applications e.g. node 1 runs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pshaikh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

linux cluster

Hi all, we have setup one cluster with two nodes. -drbd -corosync -pacemaker -mysql -piranha sometimes, we loose connection between the two nodes (node 1 and node 2). When this happens, the two nodes starts both the services as masters,because they don't see each other. is there any way... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arrals_vl
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Linux Cluster failover issue

Hi Guys, I am not much aware of clusters but i have few questions can someone provide the overview as it would be very helpful for me. How can i perform cluster failover test to see all the services are failing back to other node ? If it is using veritas cluster then what kind of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: munna529
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Cluster or HA

hi guys Back in 2009 and 2010 I configured some clusters using Linux HA Heartbeat version 2.1.4 for suse 10 SP3 now I see Linux HA heartbeat is kind of outdated last release 2011, since I have to configure 2 new clusters I was wondering what do you recommend for cluster tool nowadays? I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
0 Replies
HOST_ALIASES(5) 					   Sun Grid Engine File Formats 					   HOST_ALIASES(5)

NAME
host_aliases - Sun Grid Engine host aliases file format DESCRIPTION
All Sun Grid Engine components use a hostname resolving service provided by the communication library to identify hosts via a unique host- name. The communication library itself references standard UNIX directory services such as DNS, NIS and /etc/hosts to resolve hostnames. In rare cases these standard services cannot be setup cleanly and Sun Grid Engine communication daemons running on different hosts are unable to automatically determine a unique hostname for one or all hosts which can be used on all hosts. In such situations a Sun Grid Engine host aliases file can be used to provide the communication daemons with a private and consistent hostname resolution database. The location for the host aliases file is <sge_root>/<cell>/common/host_aliases. FORMAT
For each host a single line must be provided with a blank, comma or semicolon separated list of hostname aliases. The first alias is defined to be the unique hostname which will be used by all Sun Grid Engine components using the hostname aliasing service of the communi- cation library. SEE ALSO
sge_intro(1), COPYRIGHT
See sge_intro(1) for a full statement of rights and permissions. SGE 6.2u5 $Date$ HOST_ALIASES(5)