Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris: email to user
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris: email to user Post 302383911 by maooah on Saturday 2nd of January 2010 01:50:11 AM
Old 01-02-2010
Hi ,

I found this error messages when i use below switch with mailx
Code:
$mailx -v -s  test maooah@mail.com
hello world
EOT
DRIAD@root $mrai.com: Name server timeout
maooah@mail.com... Transient parse error -- message queued for future delivery
maooah@mail.com... queued

Regards

Last edited by Scott; 01-04-2010 at 03:03 AM.. Reason: Added code tags

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Sending email to a User from C++

How do i send a mail to User from c++? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: debu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Send email as a different user than the user logged in

Hi I am using mailx to send email and am wondering if there is a way I can send the email from a different user than the user logged in. something like do-not-reply@xyz.com Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Send an email from Solaris using Linux email server

Hello everyone I have a problem and I need your help: I have a Solaris 10 and Solaris 8 UNIX Servers, and Linux Centos4 as email server. I need send an email from Solaris servers preferably using Centos4 email server. I have no mail service configured in my Solaris computers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aflores
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email sent to multiple user address?

hi all, This is user that i want sent the email: Email = allan@gmail.com bruce8899@gmail.com Chris@gmail.com echo "$dir : $filecount is over the limit $limit " | mailx -s "${SUBJECT}" "${email}" However it cannot sent to 3 user..only sent to 1 user email address. Any 1 can help me... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: proghack
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a scripts to kill idle user for 60 min. & email user list to admin in text file

Folks, I have written one script for following condition by referring some of online post in this forum. Please correct it if I'm missing something in it. (OS: AIX 5.3) List the idle user. (I used whoidle command to list first 15 user and get username, idle time, pid and login time).... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumit30
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send one email per user

I created a bash script that gets a file formats it, sends an email to the user(s), however, for whatever reason, it will send an email per line with all of the lines in it, so essentially the user will get 10 duplicate emails with the same 10 results. I've modified the script to put the results of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hotdang
2 Replies

7. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Regarding registration email for new user

Hello Moderators, Greetings !! This is regarding my friend to whom I refered this forum to learn UNIX. User didn't receieved any registration email yet, could you please help user. Will be grateful to you on same. Login name: Gurvinder_Kaur NOTE: User doesn't have enough bits for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
0 Replies
R2E(1)							      General Commands Manual							    R2E(1)

NAME
r2e - receive RSS feeds by email SYNOPSIS
r2e [-d dir] action [options] DESCRIPTION
r2e is a simple program which you can run in your crontab. It watches RSS feeds and sends you nicely formatted email message for each new item. The program is configured by ~/.rss2email/config.py by default. To use a different config file in a different directory, you can specify the -d option before any actions. For a quick start with r2e, try these steps: r2e new your@address r2e add http://feed.url/somewhere.rss r2e run The last command should eventually be put into your crontab, if you want things be sent you automatically. It is possible to use authenticated feeds using the following syntax: r2e add http://user:password@example.com/feed ACTIONS
new [youremail] Create a new feedfile. If the second option is specified, it sets the default email address that mails are sent to. add url [youremail] Subscribe to a feed. The first option is the URL of the feed. The optional second option is the email address to send new items to. Repeat for each feed you want to subscribe to. run [--no-send] [num] Scan the feeds and send emails for new items. This can be run in a cron job. The --no-send option stops r2e from sending any email. This can be useful the first time you run it, as otherwise it would send every available story. If a number is specified, r2e will only download that feed. The list command lists the feed numbers. email yournewemail Change the default email address. list List all your currently subscribed feeds. delete n Delete a feed, using its number from the list command. pause n Temporarily ignore a feed. A paused feed won't be updated at all. unpause n Re-enable updates from a feed. opmlimport url Import feeds from an OPML file. opmlexport Export feeds to standard output, as an OPML file. CONFIGURATION
The program's behavior can be controlled via the ~/.rss2email/config.py config file. The file is a python file, so variables are set using a syntax like this: VARIABLE = "value" If the value is a number, the quotes may be omitted. Most configuration variables in the file are boolean values, where a 1 indicates the option is set, and a 0 disables it. See the example config.py file for a full list of available configuration variables. FILES
~/.rss2email/feeds.dat The database of feeds. Use r2e to add, remove, or modify feeds, do not edit it directly. ~/.rss2email/config.py If this file exists, it it read to configure the program. AUTHOR
Aaron Swartz <rss2email@aaronsw.com> R2E(1)