Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Looking to learn and do not know where to start? Post 302383879 by petes21in2002 on Friday 1st of January 2010 12:33:15 PM
Old 01-01-2010
i understand more now thanks i will be back with alot more now how soon.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Help me! I just start to learn C in Unix

Hi! I just start to learn C in Unix. I have several questions. 1. What is the different between ¡®gcc¡¯ and ¡®cc¡¯? 2. Assume I type ¡®gcc -o print.out print.c¡¯ and get an error. So I need to retype that sentence. Do I have to repeat the whole thing? Or Is there a shortcut? 3. I completed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yhosun
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I start a program when I start my Computer?

I'm running MAC OS X and I'm wondering how I start 'nixey programs (not normal apps) on startup? Things like the dnet client and hxd Hotline Server. Anyone know? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: l008com
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Where do I start to learn PERL?

Hello, What is the best way to start learning PERL? Are there any "learn-it-yourself" websites? Beginner books? etc... Thanks, Barbara (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blt123
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want to learn!

Hiya, yes im new to all of this! But want to learn how to use Unix etc, iv been thinking about doin a course but desided im better off learning by my self with help from the people who really no what there doin...you guys! I can install Linux, like redhat, mandrake, susie server edition and so... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: epic.admin
5 Replies

5. Linux

where to put an application if i want to start it on start up

hi i want to know the way by which i put any file somewhere and it get s started when the system restarts or bots i mean whenever my system starts that application must also start thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shukla_chanchal
3 Replies

6. AIX

Q: how to start a service when system start

As topic, assume we have a service called "blahservice" and we can start it by: startsrc -s blahservice what is the best practice to run such command when system start? - directly use mkitab to add it into /etc/inittab or - drop startup scripts in /etc/rc.d/rcX.d I know they... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acerlinux
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start program in background (or start crontab ahead of time)

Hey! I'm working on a script that will add a user, create some configfiles, and add a crontab for the user. The crontab looks like the following: @reboot /home/user/program config.conf & I would like for this process to start at the end of my script under the corresponding username by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

My PM has told me to learn shell scripting in 2 weeks , how should I start?

My PM has told me to learn shell scrting in 2 weeks , how should I start?:confused::confused::confused::confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I replace the lines that start with a star and replace it with numbers start from 1?

I need to replace the (*) in the fist of a list with numbers using sed for example > this file contain a list * linux * computers * labs * questions to >>>> this file contain a list 1. linux 2. computers 3. labs 4. questions (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aalbazie
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Splitting week start date and end date based on custom period start dates

Below are my custom period start and end dates based on a calender, these dates are placed in a file, for each period i need to split into three weeks for each period row, example is given below. Could you please help out to achieve solution through shell script.. File content: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani2019
2 Replies
SSL_CTX_new(3)							      OpenSSL							    SSL_CTX_new(3)

NAME
SSL_CTX_new - create a new SSL_CTX object as framework for TLS/SSL enabled functions SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> SSL_CTX *SSL_CTX_new(const SSL_METHOD *method); DESCRIPTION
SSL_CTX_new() creates a new SSL_CTX object as framework to establish TLS/SSL enabled connections. NOTES
The SSL_CTX object uses method as connection method. The methods exist in a generic type (for client and server use), a server only type, and a client only type. method can be of the following types: SSLv2_method(void), SSLv2_server_method(void), SSLv2_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the SSLv2 protocol. A client will send out SSLv2 client hello messages and will also indicate that it only understand SSLv2. A server will only understand SSLv2 client hello messages. SSLv3_method(void), SSLv3_server_method(void), SSLv3_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the SSLv3 protocol. A client will send out SSLv3 client hello messages and will indicate that it only understands SSLv3. A server will only understand SSLv3 client hello messages. This especially means, that it will not understand SSLv2 client hello messages which are widely used for compatibility reasons, see SSLv23_*_method(). TLSv1_method(void), TLSv1_server_method(void), TLSv1_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the TLSv1 protocol. A client will send out TLSv1 client hello messages and will indicate that it only understands TLSv1. A server will only understand TLSv1 client hello messages. This especially means, that it will not understand SSLv2 client hello messages which are widely used for compatibility reasons, see SSLv23_*_method(). It will also not understand SSLv3 client hello messages. SSLv23_method(void), SSLv23_server_method(void), SSLv23_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will understand the SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1 protocol. A client will send out SSLv2 client hello messages and will indicate that it also understands SSLv3 and TLSv1. A server will understand SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1 client hello messages. This is the best choice when compatibility is a concern. The list of protocols available can later be limited using the SSL_OP_NO_SSLv2, SSL_OP_NO_SSLv3, SSL_OP_NO_TLSv1 options of the SSL_CTX_set_options() or SSL_set_options() functions. Using these options it is possible to choose e.g. SSLv23_server_method() and be able to negotiate with all possible clients, but to only allow newer protocols like SSLv3 or TLSv1. SSL_CTX_new() initializes the list of ciphers, the session cache setting, the callbacks, the keys and certificates, and the options to its default values. RETURN VALUES
The following return values can occur: NULL The creation of a new SSL_CTX object failed. Check the error stack to find out the reason. Pointer to an SSL_CTX object The return value points to an allocated SSL_CTX object. SEE ALSO
SSL_CTX_free(3), SSL_accept(3), ssl(3), SSL_set_connect_state(3) 1.0.1e 2013-02-11 SSL_CTX_new(3)