Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl - automating if statement test Post 302383854 by matrixmadhan on Thursday 31st of December 2009 10:22:00 PM
Old 12-31-2009
Create a hash of key, value pair such that
key = filename
value = pattern to be searched in the file

parse the test.txt file and create a hash as said above

and before parsing each of the 200 files, get the pattern to be searched by passing the key => filename and use the pattern returned by the hash for testing

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating RBAC with IF/Then statement

what would be easier to automate a script if/then ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating build and test process

Hey ppl, I've been asked to automate the build and test process for my team at office.we work on Linux and use Perforce for SCM. I've just joined this company and dont have much knowledge on unix scripts. Could someone tell me how to go about doing this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmi
0 Replies

3. Linux

Automating build and test process

Hey ppl, I've been asked to automate the build and test process for my team at office.we work on Linux and use Perforce for SCM. I've just joined this company and dont have much knowledge on unix scripts. Could someone tell me how to go about doing this?:confused: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmi
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using grep in a test/if statement

Okay, well this is more or less my first attempt at writing a shell script. Anyways, here's my code: cd ${PATH} if then rm ${FILE} ./anotherScript else exit 1 fi exit 1 Anyways, it's a pretty simple script that is supposed to search for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if test statement

Can you use an if statement after an else? example if then echo "word" else if then echo "word" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skooly5
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating A Perl Script over a database

Dear Scripting Gods I've never done shell scripting before and have only recently got to grips with Perl, so apologies for my naivity. I've written a perl program which takes in two files as arguments (these are text documents which take in the information I need) The perl program spits out a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fraizerangus
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

string test in IF statement

How do I test multiple words in a string test like below: if ] then print "You entered $TBS name.\n" else print "You entered an incorrect response.\n" fi This test does not work. I have tried different syntax versions. How does this work? And is there a better way to do it? ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehresmann
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with test statement

Hello, I am trying to build a test statement but I can't make it work I want to rearrange some fields, so if my "$cfg" variable contains a string ending with .log (*.log) I want to move it in another field. Any help will be much appreciated! Thank you Shell:sh if then log="${cfg}"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

automating a perl script

Hi, I have a perl script that takes in 2 numerical values as ARGV. perl script.pl parameter1 num1 num2 in my case I have 1000's of num1 and num2. I can have them in separate files. Please let me know how to automate this run using shell scripting or using awk, so that I don't have to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement test against number range [0-9]

Is it possible to test against a varible within a ranges in a if statement. ex. if ];then echo "not in range" else echo "number within range" fi (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: leemalloy
8 Replies
HASHSTASH(3)						 libbash hashstash Library Manual					      HASHSTASH(3)

NAME
hashstash -- libbash library that implements hash data structure SYNOPSIS
hashSet <Value> <Key> <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] $retval hashGet <Key> <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] $retval hashKeys <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] hashRemove <Key> <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] hashDelete <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] DESCRIPTION
General hashstash is a collection of functions that implement basic hash data-structure in bash scripting language. The function list: hashSet Adds a value to the hash hashGet Returns a value from the hash hashKeys Returns a list of keys of the hash hashRemove Removes a key from the hash hashDelete Deletes a hash Detailed interface description follows. FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
hashSet <Value> <Key> <Hashname> [SubHashName [...]] Adds a value to the hash. Parameters: <Value> The value to set in HashName[Key]. <Key> The key for the value Value. <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] A string that contains the name of the hash. If the hash is a sub hash of another hash, the "father hash" name MUST BE WRITTEN FIRST, followed by the sub-hash name. Value will be the value of the key Key in the hash HashName. For example if you have (or want to define) hash C, which is subhash of hash B, which is subhash of hash A, and C has a key named ckey1 with value cval1, then you should use: hashSet cval1 ckey1 A B C $retval hashGet <Key> <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] Returns the value of Key in HashName to the $retval variable. Parameters: <Key> The key that hold the value we wish to get. <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] A string that contains the name of the hash. If the hash is a sub hash of another hash, the "father hash" name MUST BE WRITTEN FIRST, followed by the sub-hash name. Return Value: The value of the key Key in the hash HashName. The value is returned in the variable $retval. $retval hashKeys <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] Returns a list of keys of the hash HashName in the variable $retval. Parameters: <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] A string that contains the name of the hash. If the hash is a sub hash of another hash, the "father hash" name MUST BE WRITTEN FIRST, followed by the sub-hash name. Return Value: The value of the key Key in the hash HashName. The value is returned in the variable $retval. hashRemove <Key> <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] Removes the key Key from the hash HashName. <Key> The key we wish to remove from HashName. <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] A string that contains the name of the hash. If the hash is a sub hash of another hash, the "father hash" name MUST BE WRITTEN FIRST, followed by the sub-hash name. This function should also be used to remove a sub-hash from its "father hash". In that case, the key will be the name of the sub-hash. hashDelete <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] Deletes the hash HashName [SubHashName [...]]. Parameters: <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] A string that contains the name of the hash. If the hash is a sub hash of another hash, the "father hash" name MUST BE WRITTEN FIRST, followed by the sub-hash name. If this function is used on a sub-hash, a key with the name of the sub-hash will remain in its "father hash" and will hold a NULL value. BUGS
A hash name can only contain characters that are valid as part of bash variable names (i.e. a-zA-Z0-9_). The same applies for hash keys. As for now, there is no way of knowing if a key represents a value or a sub-hash. If a sub-hash will be used as a key, the returned value will be its keys list. EXAMPLES
Define hash table hashA with key Akey1 with value Aval1 use: % hashSet Aval1 Akey1 Ahash Now: % hashGet Akey1 Ahash % echo $retval Aval1 % hashKeys Ahash % echo $retval Akey1 % HISTORY
The idea to write hashstash library appeared when we've discovered the full power of the bash eval function. As of the name hashstash, it has two meanings. The first, it means 'stash' of hash functions. The second is, that hashstash contains sub- hashes inside, so it looks like stash of packed information. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux