Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Please tune my script for Solaris Post 302383706 by senthil.ak on Thursday 31st of December 2009 01:55:32 AM
Old 12-31-2009
Lightbulb Please tune my script for Solaris

I have very big log file around 2-3 GB in that it contians 24 hours log data. My work is extract only 5-5 data and count the patterns from them. I worte a script in linux and we're using that.

Code:
sed -n "/2009 05:/,/2009 17:/p" trace.log | grep -f patterns.txt > temp.log
while read string ;do
count=$(grep -c "$string" temp.log)
echo "$count\t$string" >> count.log
done <patterns.txt

Now we need to change that to Solaris 9. Some of the functions we cant use in solaris i opted the below one

Code:
sed -n "/2009 05:/,/2009 17:/p" trace.log | egrep "PATTERN1|PATTERN2|PATTERN3|PATTERN4|PATTERN5|PATTERN6" > temp.log
while read string ;do
count=$(grep -c "$string" temp.log)
echo "$count\t$string" >> count.log
done <patterns.txt

Could please tune my script, I have more than 15 patterns. Is it right way to do that..? Since my grep -f is not working in Solaris i'm opted for egrep.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to tune kernel Parameters in Solaris 10,9 & how to measure performance

Hi, I want to tune my SUN servers for best performance. My servers are heavily loaded and used. They have Solaris 10. How to tune Kernel Parameters of solaris ? And How can I measue performance before changing parameters and after changing parameters ? Please help Thanks NeeleshG (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tune my logic of script

I have big log file, which contains the netstat output from my application server to a particular DB server. I aim is to plot a daily graph for this. Please find the sample log file below. @ - ........................................................... @ - Total number of connection to the ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthilkumar_ak
3 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

How to fine Tune and Harden the Linux kernel

Hi, As a a security audit, how can I proceed further with Fine tuning and Hardening the linux kernel... I am not sure with the steps how to proceed further... If i do some thing wrong, then its comes with the Kernel panic error. So, I am afraid, how to do the tuning with the kernel.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gsiva
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tune my query

I have a requirement to separate only some numbers from the input file and produce it in a format. The input is ( i have took a sample, the actual file contains more than 50000 rows around 840 MB in size) $cat temp.txt 001 08 002 08 003 06 004 11 005 11 006 08 007 08 008 92* 009 92 010... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senthil.ak
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need tune my command occupying 90% CPU

Can some body tune the below command, its occupyinh more than 90% of CPU some times. tail -n 1000 /logs/trace.log | awk 'BEGIN{OOM = 0; ScE = 0; NaE = 0; Jms = 0} /OutOfMemoryException/{OOM = 1} /StaleConnectionException/{ScE = 1} /NamingException/{NaE = 1} /JmsTimeOutException/{Jms = 1}... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil.ak
17 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fine tune this perl script to add router

Hi, I have this routine that reads a microsoft dhcp.netsh dump. Where it finds optionvalue 3 STRING "0.0.0.0" Replace it with the router IP based on the network !/usr/bin/perl while ( <> ) { if ( /\# NET / ) { $net = $'; $net =~ s///g; } else { s/set optionvalue 3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: richsark
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Top cmd showing NICE value 97% -what to tune?

Running 2 VM Guests on an HPUX Integrity Server. One Guest runs great, the other is always at a high NICE value and 0% idle as shown in TOP: What do you think should be tuned to bring down the NICE and increase IDLE %? Thanks in advance -hpuxadmin slow VM GUEST Load averages: 2.56,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpuxadmin
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tune my script

Hi ! My script read out data out of 144 files per day - every ten minutes a file with data. data-file WR030B 306.71 0 WR050B 315.13 0 WR120B 308.34 0 WV030B 3.52 0 WV050B 5.06 0 WV120B 6.65 0 TLUFT02B 8.60... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
3 Replies
BF_TAR(1)																 BF_TAR(1)

NAME
bf_tar - shell script to write a tar file of a bogofilter directory to stdout SYNOPSIS
bf_tar [-r] [-R] bogofilter_directory DESCRIPTION
bf_tar bundles a bogofilter working directory in tar format and copies it to standard output (your console, or where you redirect it, see EXAMPLES below). OPTIONS
The -r option causes bf_tar to remove inactive log files after the archive has been written successfully. The default is to leave log files. The -R option causes bf_tar to remove inactive log files before the archive is written. This may reduce chances that the resulting archive is recoverable should it become damaged. The archive may be smaller though. The default is to leave log files. EXIT STATUS
The script exits with status code 0 if everything went well, and nonzero if it encountered trouble. EXAMPLES
o bf_tar ~/.bogofilter > outfile.tar Writes a standard .tar file containing the essential files from ~/.bogofilter to outfile.tar. o bf_tar ~/.bogofilter | gzip -9 -c > outfile.tar.gz Writes a gzipped .tar.gz file containing the essential files from ~/.bogofilter to outfile.tar.gz. o bf_tar `pwd`/mydirectory > outfile.tar Prepend $(pwd)/ or `pwd`/ if you want to specify an absolute path instead of a relative path. NOTES
This script is meant for use with Berkeley DB based bogofilter versions. This script requires a SUSv2 compliant pax utility. This script expects a SUSv2 compliant shell. Solaris systems should have the SUNWxcu4 package installed (when bogofilter is configured) so that /usr/xpg4/bin/sh can be used. 07/23/2007 BF_TAR(1)