Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Open Source Tool for DB2
Operating Systems AIX Open Source Tool for DB2 Post 302383494 by zaxxon on Wednesday 30th of December 2009 03:29:58 AM
Old 12-30-2009
What do you mean "work with SQL queries"? To check how effective they are or just to type and execute them?

My DB2 experience is back from v7 and v8, but in first case you should already have db2expln with your DB2 installation. It shows you if you queries do table scans, do use indexes, tell you the DB2-Dollar costs for your statements (the less the better) and so on. It shows it output in ASCII; there is also a tool that comes with the installation that shows this graphical - maybe it is part of the db2cc, I don't remember it, sorry.
For the second case you might want to use your favourite editor that might hopefully have the feature to highlight syntax, especially for SQL. You can then save that file maybe on the box and feed it the db2 command.

Btw. for performance purposes etc. there is a very neat monitor tool available for free:
http://www.db2mon.com

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

source reader tool

Hi, can anybody give info on source reader tool?which platform does it wok on?and how it works (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijaya2006
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to open a text file using some tool such as gedit under gtk

how to open a text file using some tool such as gedit under gtk I list some text file names in a GtkCList . I want to open the file on when users click on the row. How to implement this ? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open Source

Hi Friends I'm new to this UNIX - I'm working on the porting project from Solaris To Linux i just want to map some commands from solaris to Linux so can any one please tell me how to get the source code of the commands like "ls", "cu", "du" Regards sabee (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sabee.prakash
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

query on the existence of open source tool

can anyone say me, is there any open source tool for generating either 2G or 3G traffic? If so exist, pls brief me about it. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: routeme
0 Replies

5. Fedora

Is UNIX an open source OS ?

Hi everyone, I know the following questions are noobish questions but I am asking them because I am confused about the basics of history behind UNIX and LINUX. Ok onto business, my questions are-: Was/Is UNIX ever an open source operating system ? If UNIX was... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyan32
21 Replies
DateTime::Format::DB2(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				DateTime::Format::DB2(3pm)

NAME
DateTime::Format::DB2 - Parse and format DB2 dates and times SYNOPSIS
use DateTime::Format::DB2; my $dt = DateTime::Format::DB2->parse_timestamp( '2003-01-16-23.12.01.300000' ); # 2003-01-16-23.12.01.300000 DateTime::Format::DB2->format_timestamp($dt); DESCRIPTION
This module understands the formats used by DB2 for its DATE, TIME, and TIMESTAMP data types. It can be used to parse these formats in order to create DateTime objects, and it can take a DateTime object and produce a string representing it in the DB2 format. METHODS
This class offers the following methods. All of the parsing methods set the returned DateTime object's time zone to the floating time zone, because DB2 does not provide time zone information. * parse_time($string) * parse_date($string) * parse_timestamp($string) Given a value of the appropriate type, this method will return a new "DateTime" object. The time zone for this object will always be the floating time zone, because by DB2 stores the local datetime, not UTC. If given an improperly formatted string, this method may die. * format_date($datetime) * format_time($datetime) * format_timestamp($datetime) Given a "DateTime" object, this methods returns an appropriately formatted string. SUPPORT
Support for this module is provided via the datetime@perl.org email list. See http://lists.perl.org/ for more details. AUTHOR
Jess Robinson <castaway@desert-island.demon.co.uk> This module was shamelessly cloned from Dave Rolsky's DateTime::Format::MySQL module. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005 Jess Robinson. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
datetime@perl.org mailing list http://datetime.perl.org/ perl v5.8.8 2007-01-20 DateTime::Format::DB2(3pm)