Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Time taken to execute a ksh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Time taken to execute a ksh Post 302383389 by vidyadhar85 on Tuesday 29th of December 2009 12:42:51 PM
Old 12-29-2009
try using timex command
go through the man page of timex

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

execute .ksh from windows

hi all... this is my question: i have two servers (sun and windows). In the Sun server i have solaris 5.7. The Windows Server is Win 2000. in the unix machine (sun) i have a program ksh, and i would like execute it from my windows server (run the ksh program what is in the unix machine from... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I execute own ksh function in find -exec

Hi, I wrote a smiple ksh function send_notification() { ... } and want to execute it on each file, matched by the find command. I tried: find / -name "*.err" -mtime -8 -exec send_notification {} \; but it doesn't work. What should I do? I work in ksh on Hp-Ux. Regards, Pit (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: piooooter
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh execute command containing double quotes

How do I execute a command containing a double quote ? I pass a variable to grep that contains spaces, so I need to quote it, but it does not work. #!/usr/bin/ksh set -x txt='"next to"' cmd="grep $txt ~dpearso5/file2" echo $cmd $cmd This is the error I get: + grep "next to"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pearson05
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute 2 Commands at the same time

Hi @all I have got the following problem: I want my Master-Script to execute 2 Sub-scripts at the same time. How can i realize that? Thx for your help Greez Roger (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarkSwiss
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I execute another shell from my ksh script?

I am newbie in UNIX, so please excuse me for the stupid question.:) Here is a problem: I created ksh script where the part of the functionality include an opening of a second session with another shell process "runrep"(runrep is a custom reporting shell designed by Advent Geneva). When I run my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexstar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH to execute stored procs/ctrl files

I am needing to call sqlplus and sqlldr in the same korn shell script. Below are the steps that I need to accomplish. I am new to Oracle shell scripting so an example would be great. CBOB_LOAD.KSH - script name Calls Oracle stored procedure sp_CBOB_CLEAR_LN_STAGING (SERVER: TESTSVR100) Calls... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: acewilli
0 Replies

7. Solaris

ksh scripts failing with cannot execute error

Hi, All the scripts placed in /home/bin had 755 permissions. Sometimes scripts are failing with cannot execute errors. Let me describe a simple scenario. MasterScript.sh had 755 permissions. It is success most of the times. But, sometimes failing with cannot execute error. Really... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureng
1 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows remote to Solaris to execute ksh script

Hi all, I'm not sure if it is correct to post here. I am facing problem wanting to create a batch that run from my Windows XP pc to remote to multiple Solaris server to execute the server's ksh script. :wall: Can anyone give me a hints on how to do that? Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script to execute 2 variabless in universe enviroment

Hello, Im trying to write a ksh script that will enter the universe environment as user kourier (switching to this specific user automatically launches to the TCL prompt). At the TCL " > " prompt i want to execute two variables. However, it wont recognize the second variable (user input Answer) due... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a shell script in UNIX m/c from win 7 using ksh

I need to run a shell script on unix machine from windows 7. I used the "RSH" command in win XP successfully for this, But on win 7 it is not working. Can any body tell me how to run RSH on win 7 or any other command for similar use. I use the command as below rsh <unix m/c> -l <username>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arup1980
1 Replies
ntp_adjtime(2)							   System Calls 						    ntp_adjtime(2)

NAME
ntp_adjtime - adjust local clock parameters SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/timex.h> int ntp_adjtime(struct timex *tptr); DESCRIPTION
The ntp_adjtime() function adjusts the parameters used to discipline the local clock, according to the values in the struct timex pointed to by tptr. Before returning, it fills in the structure with the most recent values kept in the kernel. The adjustment is effected in part by speeding up or slowing down the clock, as necessary, and in part by phase-locking onto a once-per second pulse (PPS) provided by a driver, if available. struct timex { uint32_t modes; /* clock mode bits (w) */ int32_t offset; /* time offset (us) (rw) */ int32_t freq; /* frequency offset (scaled ppm) (rw) */ int32_t maxerror; /* maximum error (us) (rw) */ int32_t esterror; /* estimated error (us) (rw) */ int32_t status; /* clock status bits (rw) */ int32_t constant; /* pll time constant (rw) */ int32_t precision; /* clock precision (us) (r) */ int32_t tolerance; /* clock frequency tolerance (scaled ppm) (r) */ int32_t ppsfreq; /* pps frequency (scaled ppm) (r) */ int32_t jitter; /* pps jitter (us) (r) */ int32_t shift; /* interval duration (s) (shift) (r) */ int32_t stabil; /* pps stability (scaled ppm) (r) */ int32_t jitcnt; /* jitter limit exceeded (r) */ int32_t calcnt; /* calibration intervals (r) */ int32_t errcnt; /* calibration errors (r) */ int32_t stbcnt; /* stability limit exceeded (r) */ }; RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, ntp_adjtime() returns the current clock state (see <sys/timex.h>). Otherwise, it returns -1 and sets errno to indicate the error. ERRORS
The ntp_adjtime() function will fail if: EFAULT The tptr argument is an invalid pointer. EINVAL The constant member of the structure pointed to by tptr is less than 0 or greater than 30. EPERM The {PRIV_SYS_TIME} privilege is not asserted in the effective set of the calling process. SEE ALSO
xntpd(1M), ntp_gettime(2), privileges(5) SunOS 5.11 1 Feb 2003 ntp_adjtime(2)