Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX IP Address question
Operating Systems BSD UNIX IP Address question Post 302383337 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 29th of December 2009 09:43:57 AM
Old 12-29-2009
i don't know BSD... but try the command "ifconfig".

also trying a well known search engine with the words "bsd change ip" came back with this as first link:
FreeBSD > How to change IP address or setup new ip address to existing interface

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I get the IP address of my local unix box???

Hiya all, How do I get the IP address of my local unix box??? IPconfig - don't exist nslookup - only for other boxes.... I have my Fedora Server now on the office network. Can ping others, can get onto internet via web proxy.... Also: How do I create a Drive Share, so our windows... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
9 Replies

2. IP Networking

Change a Unix IP address

I have purchased a Dec unix Ver 3.2c machine that is about ten years old. I need to get this machine on our network (windows 2003 domain) so I can copy files to it. I know I need to change the IP address, but where and how do I change it? What else do I chang? Thanks Randy (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: randy1
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the IP address in unix server

Hi, I want to know the IP of my Unix server in my script programming. Below are the my trial and i didn't find anything useful for me.because i want only IP. hostname -> Giving the name of the server and hostanme -i -> Giving the error message that..i am not super user. ipConfig ->... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balamani
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP address of Unix machine

Can any one please tell me how to find the IP address of the Unix machine we are in? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: thoothukudiking
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Local system IP address in UNIX

We have requirement to get the local system IP address of whoever logined the DataBase(sqlplus) or any process in application server. Actually I connected to application server thru putty and then conencted to Database using sqlplus command. we have tried below commands : who -u|grep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siri_886
4 Replies

6. Debian

Question on the dhcp-server configuration for a fixed IP address.

Hi , when i configure my server with a fixed ip address in dhcpd.conf as below subnet 172.21.151.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 { range 172.21.151.66 172.21.151.66; } host switch { hardware ethernet 00:05:30:02:DB:31; fixed-address 172.21.151.66; } when i start dhcpd server , it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Default Gateway address question

Hi, Using Redhat 6.1 with all the latest patches. I have the default gateway address but it never gets loaded. I have to add that manually? Not sure. Any idea. Is there any other place which I need to add? /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-em1 DEVICE="em1"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX mail blank in the TO address

Hi All, Can we send a mail in unix blank in TO address with CC and BCC. TO address should be blank CC should not be blank BCC should not be blank thanks, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranparsha
7 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

VIP Membership - The UNIX and Linux Forums - Get Your UNIX.COM Email Address Here

We work hard to make The UNIX and Linux Forums one of the best UNIX and Linux knowledge sources on the net. The site is certainly one of the top UNIX and Linux Q&A sites on the web. In order to provide certain members the best quality account services, you can now get some great extra features by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.3 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)