Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: retrieve string from file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting retrieve string from file Post 302383268 by xoops on Tuesday 29th of December 2009 04:47:29 AM
Old 12-29-2009
This might help

awk '{ FS="," } { print "TEST,"$1":AUX,"$2";" }' filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

retrieve value from a file

hi i have a cfg file,it contains lpdma520.dev.ipc.us.aexp.com=SUBMCORE.REQUEST.FT lpdma521.dev.ipc.us.aexp.com=SUBMCORE.REQUEST.FTREQ lpdma522.dev.ipc.us.aexp.com=SUBMITSECUREFILEFLOW i am retrieving the values using the function RetrieveCfgvalue() { CFG_VALUE=`grep "$2="... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satish@123
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

retrieve the file.

How will retrieve for a particular months file in UNIX say for example from January to February 2008. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajesh08
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve string from each line in a file based on a pattern in Unix

I have a file which contains several lines. Sample content of the file is as below. OK testmessage email<test@123> NOK receivemessage email<123@test> NOK receivemessage email(123@test123) NOK receivemessage email<abc@test> i would like to know by scripting will... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramasar
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve digital string using sed or awk

Hi, I have filename in the following format: YUENLONG_20070818.DMP HK_20070818_V0.DMP WANCHAI_20070820.DMP KWUNTONG_20070820_V0.DMP How to retrieve only the digital part with sed or awk and return the following format: 20070818 20070818 20070820 20070820 Thanks! Victor (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search string in a file and retrieve 10 lines including string line

Hi Guys, I am trying to write a perl script to search a string "Name" in the file "FILE" and also want to create a new file and push the searched string Name line along with 10 lines following the same. can anyone of you please let me know how to go about it ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukrish
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to retrieve data from two files matching a string

Hello Experts, I have come back to this forum after a while now, since require a better way to get my result.. My query is as below.. I have 3 files -- 1 Input file, 2 Data files .. Based on the input file, data has to be retreived matching from two files which has one common key.. For EX:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaliniyadav
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve string which does not contain '$'?

Hi, I have a file say file1.ksh. Which has data like: ifile $AI_SERIAL/$FILE.DAT... ofile $AI_SERIAL/feed.dat... My requirement is to find the count of all the lines which does not have $ after /. So i have written the code: grep -w 'AI_SERIAL' file1.ksh | cut -d '/' -f2 | grep... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kamna
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hot to retrieve *.sql file names which we refer in .sh file.

Hi Guys, How to retrieve/get *.sql file names which we refer in all *.sh files. Can any one help me on this. Thanks, Kolipaka (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmanrk811
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve a number or string from file1 and redirect into file2 in perl script?

hello forum members, I am siva ,As i am new to perl scripting i looking help from forum members. i need a sample program are command for pattern matching. I have file name infile1 which some data, I need to search the particular number are string in the file which repeats n number of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: workforsiva
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep: Retrieve two strings from one file to find them anyone on line in another file

I am having trouble matching *two* strings from one file anywhere in a line of a second file, and could use some help getting this figured out. My preference would be to use grep for this because I would like to take advantage of its -A option. The latter is due to the fact that I would like both... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
2 Replies
Apache::TestRun(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Apache::TestRun(3pm)

NAME
Apache::TestRun - Run the test suite SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The "Apache::TestRun" package controls the configuration and running of the test suite. METHODS
Several methods are sub-classable, if the default behavior should be changed. "bug_report" The "bug_report()" method is executed when "t/TEST" was executed with the "-bugreport" option, and "make test" (or "t/TEST") fail. Normally this is callback which you can use to tell the user how to deal with the problem, e.g. suggesting to read some document or email some details to someone who can take care of it. By default nothing is executed. The "-bugreport" option is needed so this feature won't become annoying to developers themselves. It's automatically added to the "run_tests" target in Makefile. So if you repeateadly have to test your code, just don't use "make test" but run "t/TEST" directly. Here is an example of a custom "t/TEST" My::TestRun->new->run(@ARGV); package My::TestRun; use base 'Apache::TestRun'; sub bug_report { my $self = shift; print <<EOI; +--------------------------------------------------------+ | Please file a bug report: http://perl.apache.org/bugs/ | +--------------------------------------------------------+ EOI } "pre_configure" The "pre_configure()" method is executed before the configuration for "Apache::Test" is generated. So if you need to adjust the setup before httpd.conf and other files are autogenerated, this is the right place to do so. For example if you don't want to inherit a LoadModule directive for mod_apreq.so but to make sure that the local version is used, you can sub-class "Apache::TestRun" and override this method in t/TEST.PL: package My::TestRun; use base 'Apache::TestRun'; use Apache::TestConfig; __PACKAGE__->new->run(@ARGV); sub pre_configure { my $self = shift; # Don't load an installed mod_apreq Apache::TestConfig::autoconfig_skip_module_add('mod_apreq.c'); $self->SUPER::pre_configure(); } Notice that the extension is .c, and not .so. Don't forget to run the super class' c<pre_configure()> method. "new_test_config" META: to be completed perl v5.14.2 2011-02-08 Apache::TestRun(3pm)