Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Checking response from a web page Post 302383254 by uiop44 on Tuesday 29th of December 2009 03:21:26 AM
Old 12-29-2009
use the --debug switch in wget

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing Web Page

Hello, I am new to unix, but wanted to know how can we fetch data from a web page (i.e. an HTML Page), my requirement is to read an html page and wanted to create a flat file (text file) based on the contents available in the mentioned HTML page. Thanks Imtiaz (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imtiaz
3 Replies

2. Programming

fetching a web page in C

Hello, I'm a total newbie to HTTP commands, so I'm not sure how to do this. What I'd like is to write a C program to fetch the contents of a html page of a given address. Could someone help with this? Thanks in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rayne
4 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Get a web page through CLI

Is there a way we can get a web page through CLI on a unix machine? Please help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing to a web page

I have a shell script that runs periodic upgrades on machines. I want to print certain echo commands from the shell script onto a webpage. What command in shell should I use for doing this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking response of the web page?

Hi, I need to check the response of the web page without downloading any content. I used the below command. _website=http://xxx.xxx.com wget --spider --user=username --password=password $_website > /home/username/temp.txt 2>&1; I getting the below error. The web page require... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed
3 Replies

6. Web Development

Apache Web Server - Invalid Response

Hi, I have a SCO Unix Openserver V6 server which is hosting a website with Apache V1.3 as the http server. The web site has an initial login screen which re-directs to another page once the user name and password has been verified. When connecting to the website and trying to login, it times... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Martyn
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking for Apache and serving a page

hi i was trying to run the HTML script and was unable to run it as the apache server was not loaded on my linux server.....how do i check whether A[pache has been installed in my server or not.....???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kullu
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

Tshark/pcap and web-server response time

Hi everyone! How can I get response time difference between GET and HTTP/1.0 200 OK (i mean time latency of web-server) with using of tshark&shell or something else for each hostname from pcap file? What can you recommend me to do that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lepetal
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Getting the response code and to know whether web site is loaded

Hi Guys, Is there any way that we can know whether a website is fullly loaded with Linux command line ?? is there any command in Linux that can achieve that ?? Also,naturally I would also like to get the response code of the particular website/URL that i am testing for ?? Any help would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradeep_1990
3 Replies
UNICODE_START(1)					      General Commands Manual						  UNICODE_START(1)

NAME
unicode_start - put keyboard and console in unicode mode SYNOPSIS
unicode_start [font [umap]] DESCRIPTION
The unicode_start command will put the keyboard and console into Unicode (UTF-8) mode. For the keyboard this means that one can attach 16-bit U+xxxx values to keyboard keys using loadkeys(1), and have these appear as UTF-8 input to user programs. Also, that one can type hexadecimal Alt-xxxx using the numeric keypad, and again produce UTF-8. For the console this means that the kernel expects UTF-8 output from user programs, and displays the output accordingly. The parameter font is a font that is loaded. It should have a built-in Unicode map, or, if it hasn't, such a map can be given explicitly as second parameter. When no font was specified, the current font is kept. NOTE
Unicode mode is a parameter with a value per virtual console. However, usually the font and keymap is common to all consoles. SEE ALSO
dumpkeys(1), kbd_mode(1), loadkeys(1), unicode_stop(1), utf-8(7), setfont(8) 3 Feb 2001 UNICODE_START(1)