Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Updating the files at specific location Post 302383163 by alister on Monday 28th of December 2009 04:00:15 PM
Old 12-28-2009
$ cat braces.awk

Code:
function pr_brace(b,c,s) {print substr(s, 1, index(s, c)-1)b}
$1=="ENDIF" && old1!="}" {pr_brace("}", "E", $0)}
old1~/^IF\(?/ && $1!="{" {pr_brace("{", "I", old0)}
{old0=$0; old1=$1; print}

$ awk -f braces.awk data

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

copy files from one location to similar location

I need help in forming a script to copy files from one location which has a sub directory structure to another location with similar sub directory structure, say location 1, /home/rick/tmp_files/1-12/00-25/ here 1-12 are the number of sub directories under tmp_files and 00-25 are sub... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pharos467
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer files from one location to another location

Hi, i have to transfer of files of User1 located in Location1 to user2 located in Location2 using shell script. Please suggest me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KiranKumarKarre
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Updating specific fields with awk using conditions

Can someone help me again, I think with awk? I have a file with 4 columns (pipe-delimited): I just want to convert the last field so that e1 is now 'message 1', e2 is 'message 2', e0 is 'message 3', etc. I don't want to change any other columns because the e0-e10 code may appear as part of a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giannicello
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Copy files from one location to another location

Create a script that copies files from one specified directory to another specified directory, in the order they were created in the original directory between specified times. Copy the files at a specified interval. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: allways4u21
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a string a specific value in specific location in AIX

Hi, I have following samp.txt file in unix. samp.txt 01Roy2D3M000000 02Rad2D3M222222 . . . . 10Mik0A2M343443 Desired Output 01Roy2A3M000000 02Rad2A3M222222 . . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on Moving files from one location to another location

Hi, I am new to unix and shell scripting. Please help me in resolving the below issue. In my shell script I have a variable which stores the different files with the path. Now I need to move all the files one by one to another location. ---- 1.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpagadala
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with copying the list of files from one location to other location

A) I would like to achive following actions using shell script. can someone help me with writing the shell script 1) Go to some dir ( say /xyz/logs ) and then perform find operation in this dir and list of subdir using find . -name "*" -print | xargs grep -li 1367A49001CP0162 >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GG2
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Searching the value of a specific attribute among xmls files from a particular directory location

Hi Folks , I have the different xml files at the following directory `/opt/app/rty/servers/tr/current/ops/config` Let's say there are three files named abc.xml bv.xml ert.xml Now inside these xml there can be many tags as like shown below <bean id="sdrt"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclesamm
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files based on specific word in a file name & its extension and putting it in required location

Hello All, Since i'm relatively new in shell script need your guidance. I'm copying files manually based on a specific word in a file name and its extension and then moving it into some destination folder. so if filename contains hyr word and it has .md and .db extension; it will move to TUM/HYR... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: prajaktaraut
13 Replies
MSSQL_FREE_STATEMENT(3) 												   MSSQL_FREE_STATEMENT(3)

mssql_free_statement - Free statement memory

SYNOPSIS
bool mssql_free_statement (resource $stmt) DESCRIPTION
mssql_free_statement(3) only needs to be called if you are worried about using too much memory while your script is running. All statement memory will automatically be freed when the script ends. You may call mssql_free_statement(3) with the statement identifier as an argument and the associated statement memory will be freed. PARAMETERS
o $stmt - Statement resource, obtained with mssql_init(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mssql_free_statement(3) example <?php // Create a new statement $stmt = mssql_init('test'); // Bind values here and execute the statement // once we're done, we clear it from the memory // using mssql_free_statement like so: mssql_free_statement($stmt); ?> SEE ALSO
mssql_bind(3), mssql_execute(3), mssql_init(3), mssql_free_result(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_FREE_STATEMENT(3)