Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting redirect an awk string output to a script input with pipes Post 302383107 by alister on Monday 28th of December 2009 11:30:39 AM
Old 12-28-2009
myscript.sh param1 "`get_number $VARIABLE`"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input file redirect in output path and want name as inputfilename_new.txt

not required this time (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sandeep_Malik
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to search a string and redirect according to output

i have a file (kk.log) in which following contents are there: ===================================== Enter:YOU HAVE ENTERED : a TestCase: TC1226677371 IS PASSED 2009-02-25 13:57:33.444 INFO com.t.t.exporterporter - Initialising Xml Exporter.... 2009-02-25 13:57:33.445 INFO ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass input and output file as parameter to awk script

Hi, i am new to awk. I am using csv2pipe script(shown below) BEGIN { FS=SUBSEP; OFS="|" } { result = setcsv($0, ",") print } # setcsv(str, sep) - parse CSV (MS specification) input # str, the string to be parsed. (Most likely $0.) # sep, the separator between the values. # #... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskarjha178
6 Replies

4. Programming

Redirect input and output to a shell script?

Dear All: I am trying to do something that (I thought) was relatively straightforward, but my code snippet does not seem to work. Any suggestions? Thank you Sincerely yours Misha Koshelev #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <errno.h> #include... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: misha680
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Complex Input/Output Redirect

Hi All, Sorry if the title is not good but I did not know how to explain with only some words! What I meant is: I have a unix command built from a private application vendor that when executed it prompts for two entries by the keyboard, let's say, for example: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: felipe.vinturin
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output of awk to different variables?

Hi, I search for a string "can be any" and print the fields $4,$6 in to variables. $ cat input <value ='can be any' string='many' version='123'/> <value ='xyz' string='less' version='456'/> $ cat tried_code SRG=`awk -F\' '{ print $4 }' input` VER=`awk -F\' '{ print $6 }' input` ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greet_sed
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect script output to a file and mail the output

Hi Guys, I want to redirect the output of 3 scripts to a file and then mail the output of those three scripts. I used below but it is not working: OFILE=/home/home1/report1 echo "report1 details" > $OFILE =/home/home1/1.sh > $OFILE echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect the output of the file based on String

Hi, I need to redirect the output of the file until the first instance of a string is found. So in the filename output.txt i was to redirect everything from the start to where i find this string "BEA-000377" is found to a new file called output_new.txt Sample output.txt the controller... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect output to the same input file in awk

Hi, I want to compare a value from test file and redirect the o/p value to the same file input file 250 32000 32 128 Below is my code awk '{ if ($1 < "300") print $1 > /tmp/test}' test want to compare 250 < 300 then print 300 to the same place below is the... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: stew
24 Replies
CTL(5)						    CTL file format of ASIM/LIP6/CAO-VLSI lab.						    CTL(5)

NAME
ctl - Control Temporal Logic file format. ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr DESCRIPTION
This document describes the CTL file format used by moka(1) for model checking of finite states machine description. This CTL file format subset is defined to enable classical CTL formulae description. A CTL file is made of two parts: a declaration part and a formulae statement part. The declaration part described types, constants, macros and all variables used in CTL formulae. It also describes assumption conditions and initial conditions that have to be applied by moka(1) during the model checking. The formulae statement part described all the CTL formulae that have to be verified. All boolean and relational VHDL operators are supported (see vbe(5)) and also the 8 CTL operators AF, AG, AX, AU, EF, EG, EX and EU. The CTL file format support also the imply boolean operator '->' and the equivalence operator '<=>'. EXAMPLE
-- user type definition TYPE A_ETAT_TYPE IS (A_E0, A_E1); TYPE B_ETAT_TYPE IS (B_E0, B_E1); -- variables definition VARIABLE A_NS, A_CS : A_ETAT_TYPE; VARIABLE B_NS, B_CS : B_ETAT_TYPE; VARIABLE ck : BIT; VARIABLE data_in : BIT; VARIABLE data_out : BIT; VARIABLE reset : BIT; VARIABLE ack : BIT; VARIABLE req : BIT; -- example of a macros definition DEFINE def1 : BOOLEAN := ack='1'; -- the assigned value can be a constant DEFINE c1 : BIT := '1'; -- the assumption condition ASSUME ass1 := (reset='0'); -- the initial reset condition -- be careful, the assumption condition is not applied -- to the initial conditions. RESET_COND init1 := (reset='1'); -- It is also possible to describe the first state -- with the INITIAL keywork, as follows: -- -- INITIAL init1 := ((A_CS=A_E0) AND (B_CS=B_E0)); -- -- formulae description statement part begin prop1 : EX( ack='1' ); prop2 : AG( req -> AF( ack ) ); prop4 : AU( req='1', ack='1'); end; SEE ALSO
moka(1) BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 August 5, 2002 CTL(5)