Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can I get the directory of my executing script? Post 302383074 by clx on Monday 28th of December 2009 09:04:28 AM
Old 12-28-2009
you can run from anywhere of course.
just use absolute path while executing.

what i mean to say is this

Code:
-bash-3.1$ pwd
/a/b
-bash-3.1$ /this/is/my/abs/path/script.ksh
-bash-3.1$ cd ..
-bash-3.1$ pwd
/a
-bash-3.1$ /this/is/my/abs/path/script.ksh

I am not sure if this solve your problem. just a try.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

general question on executing file in drwx--x--x directory

suppose: nevermind, i figured it out, haha... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cul8erppl
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring a directory for new files with .xx and executing command if found

Hi Guys. I am a complete shell scripting newbie with some syntax and commands understanding. I'm more of a win admin. With that said: I need to write a shell script to monitor a directory '/Mon_Dir' for new occurrences of files with .xx extension. Once a new file is detected in the directory, a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krkan
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing script's directory

I have a shell script /home/user1/bin/sh1, how can I print out the directory of this file inside the script. Say I am in /home/user1/, then I run /home/user1/bin/sh1 I need it to print out /home/user1/bin. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasony001
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting : No such file or directory while executing a shell script

Hi all, I am getting : No such file or directory while executing a shell script. But i have that corresponding file in the corresponding path. It also have executable rights. Please help me out in this Thanks in advance. Ananthi.U (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananthi_ku
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Executing a shell script from windows;script present in unix

I need to execute a shell script kept in unix machine from windows. User id, password area available. For eg. There's a shell script wich moves all the logs kept in my home directory to a directory named LOGS. Now i need to get this done through windows; either using a batch file, or java... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajneesh_kapoor
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

CD (change directory) - Not advisable for executing a command

Hi, This is a quick one. I have got a review comment in one of the scripts that i wrote: "In UNIX script it not advisable to use cd to a directory and then run command." Is this true? I was trying to cd to log directory and use some cat or head or ls command. Many Thanks, Sam (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samplify
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variables of executed script available in executing script

Hi, I have a script get_DB_var.ksh which do a data base call and get some variables as below: sqlplus -silent $user/$pass@dbname <<END select col1, col2, col3 from table_name where col4=$1; exit; END Now I want to access all these variables i.e.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing profile from any directory other than $HOME

Is there a way to run the profile which is not in $HOME directory? then whats the command for that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SKhan
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script dosent exits after executing the script

Hi i wrote a script which dosent exists after executing any help #!/bin/bash netstat -ptlen | grep 10000 if ; then echo "Hive Thrift server is running" exit 0 else echo "Hive Thrift server is down Trying to Bring up the service" | mail -s "ALERT" team@domain.com `nohup hive... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a command line in a directory and its subdirectories

I'm finally about to make the jump from PHP's mysql driver to the newer mysqli one using the mysqli converter tool. The tool is called by this command line: php /usr/share/nginx/html/rather/converter/cli.php -d -p ".php,.shtml,.inc" -u -b -v -w >> /tmp/convert.log e.g. at the web root:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dheian
2 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)