Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Network attack - so what?
Special Forums Cybersecurity Network attack - so what? Post 302383062 by Action on Monday 28th of December 2009 08:27:19 AM
Old 12-28-2009
Network attack - so what?

In my logs I find entries about attacks on my system. I know IP addresses, I know date and time and I know what they tried to do. So what's the best I can do now? Tell everybody that there are cybercriminals on that network? Write an email to their admin? Anything else?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bruteforce attack on my pc

since putting my pc online, it keeps getting slower and i dig the logfile to have such a surprise: this is just one of a many and I beleived it's a bruteforce attack how do i block this IP 200.41.81.228 from trying to knock my online pc? my system: FreeBSD testing.net 6.2-STABLE-JE... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdns
6 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Replay Attack

REPLAY ATTACK. Can some one elobrate on measures to encounter this problem of replay atack on network. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashvin Gaur
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

Bizzare network attack?

A server I host is having very rare glitches where a file the user downloads will have incorrect contents. This almost never happens when I am looking, I caught it once and only once -- a user messaged me saying his antivirus had given him a warning about an image file downloaded from his... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
2 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

What I think is a DoS attack

About 3 days ago our Apache logs started filling with the following errors: mod_ssl: SSL handshake failed (server <weberver>:443, client 41.235.234.172) (OpenSSL library error follows) OpenSSL: error:1408A0B7:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:no ciphers specified These initially were... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
1 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Found attack from

Hi, I have a belkin router installed and a look at the security log has got me worried a little bit. Security log: Fri Jan 29 20:41:46 2010 =>Found attack from 68.147.232.199. Source port is 58591 and destination port is 12426 which use the TCP protocol. Fri Jan 29 20:41:46 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jld
1 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

UUCP attack?

Is this an attack attempt? I got an e-mail from 'uucp Admin' last night and again this morning: What does it mean and what can I do about it? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctafret
4 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

DDOS attack please help!

Dear community, my site was recently attacjed by DDOS technique and goes down in a few minutes. My site runs under Debian/Apache2/Mysql. I identified the IPs who attack me and block it through iptable firewall from debian. Something like: iptables -D INPUT -s xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -j DROP This... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
7 Replies
time-admin(1)							   User Commands						     time-admin(1)

NAME
time-admin - Basic configuration of system time, date, timezone and NTP client. SYNOPSIS
time-admin [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
time-admin enables the user to configure the default timezone and current date/time on the system. It also enables the user to turn on auto-synchronisation of this using NTP. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more informa- tion. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Running the main application. example% time-admin EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/time-admin Executable for time and date configuration. /var/spool/setup-tool-backends/backup/time Backup directory for files that are modified. /var/run/setup-tool-backends/debug/time Debug logs can be found under here. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-system-tools | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. users-admin(1), shares-admin(1), services-admin(1), network-admin(1), gnome-std-options(5), rtc(1M), ntpdate(1M), xntpd(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
Written by Darren Kenny, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006. SunOS 5.11 6 Nov 2006 time-admin(1)