Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Want to delete a directory on a Unix-Webserver Post 302382838 by proactiveaditya on Saturday 26th of December 2009 07:11:03 AM
Old 12-26-2009
Have you tried running fsck on that partition? Maybe the filesystem has errors.

You can reboot and force fsck to run as it reboots if you use
Code:
shutdown -rF now

in a console.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Can't delete a directory on HP-UX

Hi, I am having hard time to delete a directory: $ rm -r testoxdwdw rm: testoxdwdw non-existent $ rmdir testoxdwdw rmdir: testoxdwdw: No such file or directory $ rm -rf testoxdwdw Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oradbus
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete a directory

Hi all, I have an empty directory "-ltr". How to delete it ? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
4 Replies

3. AIX

Can not delete Directory

I've run into a issue where I can not delete directories under a user directory. There are several of these dir now. I can do a 'mv' of the dir to another dir. ie 'mv sp2456 old/' and it will move the directory, but I can not delete them. Here is all the information I hope you will need to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Clevelaw
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using c programming in unix to delete zero-byte files in a specified directory

we were asked to make a program that deletes all zero-byte files in a psecified directory. we need to use sysytem_calls like: scandir(),chdir(),stat() and remove(). (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sogetsu009
3 Replies

5. Web Development

Problem with image display stored outside webserver in Unix?

Hi All, I have an image stored in my solaris server path /usr/Apps/TEMP directory. I have created this image at runtime. I have my web application dployed in my webserver path /usr/Apps/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.7/webapps/DispReports From a jsp file available under my DispReports folder, I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nsurendiran
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete unix directory

I installed membersgear into my website and decided it was not right for me. I issued rm -r on directory membersgear and it deleted everything except the subdirectory templates_c. I have found several directories in this directory which are named like %%114. Ownership on these directories... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdinardo
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete some of the files in the directory, if the directory size limits the specified size

To find the whole size of a particular directory i use "du -sk /dirname".. but after finding the direcory's size how do i make conditions like if the size of the dir is more than 1 GB i hav to delete some of the files inside the dir (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaal89
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract directory name from the full directory path in UNIX using shell scripting

My input is as below : /splunk/scrubbed/rebate/IFIND.REBTE.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/rebate/IFIND.REBTE.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/loyal/IFIND.HELLO.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/triumph/ifind.triumph.txt From the above input I want to extract the file names only . Basically I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: IshuGupta
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to delete to the list of files in a directory based on last created & delete them

Hi My directory structure is as below. dir1, dir2, dir3 I have the list of files to be deleted in the below path as below. /staging/retain_for_2years/Cleanup/log $ ls -lrt total 0 drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody nobody 256 Mar 01 16:15 01-MAR-2015_SPDBS2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadn
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why can't I delete this directory ?

Oracle Linux 6.4 bash shell I am trying to remove the directory named OPatch. I am trying to run rm and rmdir commands while logged in as grid user, the owner of the directory. But I keep getting "Permission denied" error. It is an empty directory. Any idea why I am getting 'Permission denied'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
5 Replies
SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)				       systemd-fsck@.service					  SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-fsck@.service, systemd-fsck-root.service, systemd-fsck - File system checker logic SYNOPSIS
systemd-fsck@.service systemd-fsck-root.service /lib/systemd/systemd-fsck DESCRIPTION
systemd-fsck@.service and systemd-fsck-root.service are services responsible for file system checks. They are instantiated for each device that is configured for file system checking. systemd-fsck-root.service is responsible for file system checks on the root file system, but only if the root filesystem was not checked in the initramfs. systemd-fsck@.service is used for all other file systems and for the root file system in the initramfs. These services are started at boot if passno in /etc/fstab for the file system is set to a value greater than zero. The file system check for root is performed before the other file systems. Other file systems may be checked in parallel, except when they are on the same rotating disk. systemd-fsck does not know any details about specific filesystems, and simply executes file system checkers specific to each filesystem type (/sbin/fsck.*). This helper will decide if the filesystem should actually be checked based on the time since last check, number of mounts, unclean unmount, etc. If a file system check fails for a service without nofail, emergency mode is activated, by isolating to emergency.target. KERNEL COMMAND LINE
systemd-fsck understands these kernel command line parameters: fsck.mode= One of "auto", "force", "skip". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "auto", and ensures that file system checks are done when the file system checker deems them necessary. "force" unconditionally results in full file system checks. "skip" skips any file system checks. fsck.repair= One of "preen", "yes", "no". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "preen", and will automatically repair problems that can be safely fixed. "yes" will answer yes to all questions by fsck and "no" will answer no to all questions. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), fsck(8), systemd-quotacheck.service(8), fsck.btrfs(8), fsck.cramfs(8), fsck.ext4(8), fsck.fat(8), fsck.hfsplus(8), fsck.minix(8), fsck.ntfs(8), fsck.xfs(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)