Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Want to delete a directory on a Unix-Webserver Post 302382812 by Lkwjoe on Friday 25th of December 2009 09:42:31 PM
Old 12-25-2009
Want to delete a directory on a Unix-Webserver

Hi folks,

I want to delete a folder on my webserver via ftp, but the server said "Operation not permitted".
So I want to delete the folder via ssh - not successfull.
This is what I have done and what the server said:

---------------------------
Code:
rmdir views

rmdir: views: Directory not empty

cd views
ls -l

total 0

ls -a

. ..

ls -a -l

total 0
drwxrwxrwx 3 [username] ftpusers  6 Dec 25 14:21
drwxrwxrwx 3 [username] ftpusers 18 Dec 25 14:21

--------------------------

The folder "views" is empty, isnt it?
What can I do?

Hope someone can help..

Greetings,
Joe

Last edited by Scott; 12-25-2009 at 10:58 PM.. Reason: Added code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Can't delete a directory on HP-UX

Hi, I am having hard time to delete a directory: $ rm -r testoxdwdw rm: testoxdwdw non-existent $ rmdir testoxdwdw rmdir: testoxdwdw: No such file or directory $ rm -rf testoxdwdw Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oradbus
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete a directory

Hi all, I have an empty directory "-ltr". How to delete it ? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
4 Replies

3. AIX

Can not delete Directory

I've run into a issue where I can not delete directories under a user directory. There are several of these dir now. I can do a 'mv' of the dir to another dir. ie 'mv sp2456 old/' and it will move the directory, but I can not delete them. Here is all the information I hope you will need to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Clevelaw
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using c programming in unix to delete zero-byte files in a specified directory

we were asked to make a program that deletes all zero-byte files in a psecified directory. we need to use sysytem_calls like: scandir(),chdir(),stat() and remove(). (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sogetsu009
3 Replies

5. Web Development

Problem with image display stored outside webserver in Unix?

Hi All, I have an image stored in my solaris server path /usr/Apps/TEMP directory. I have created this image at runtime. I have my web application dployed in my webserver path /usr/Apps/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.7/webapps/DispReports From a jsp file available under my DispReports folder, I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nsurendiran
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete unix directory

I installed membersgear into my website and decided it was not right for me. I issued rm -r on directory membersgear and it deleted everything except the subdirectory templates_c. I have found several directories in this directory which are named like %%114. Ownership on these directories... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdinardo
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete some of the files in the directory, if the directory size limits the specified size

To find the whole size of a particular directory i use "du -sk /dirname".. but after finding the direcory's size how do i make conditions like if the size of the dir is more than 1 GB i hav to delete some of the files inside the dir (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaal89
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract directory name from the full directory path in UNIX using shell scripting

My input is as below : /splunk/scrubbed/rebate/IFIND.REBTE.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/rebate/IFIND.REBTE.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/loyal/IFIND.HELLO.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/triumph/ifind.triumph.txt From the above input I want to extract the file names only . Basically I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: IshuGupta
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to delete to the list of files in a directory based on last created & delete them

Hi My directory structure is as below. dir1, dir2, dir3 I have the list of files to be deleted in the below path as below. /staging/retain_for_2years/Cleanup/log $ ls -lrt total 0 drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody nobody 256 Mar 01 16:15 01-MAR-2015_SPDBS2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadn
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why can't I delete this directory ?

Oracle Linux 6.4 bash shell I am trying to remove the directory named OPatch. I am trying to run rm and rmdir commands while logged in as grid user, the owner of the directory. But I keep getting "Permission denied" error. It is an empty directory. Any idea why I am getting 'Permission denied'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
5 Replies
glabels(1)						      General Commands Manual							glabels(1)

NAME
glabels - Label and business card creation program for GNOME SYNOPSIS
glabels-3 [OPTIONS] [label-filename...] glabels-3-batch [OPTIONS] [label-filename...] DESCRIPTION
glabels-3 is a lightweight program for creating labels and business cards for the GNOME desktop environment. It is designed to work with various laser/ink-jet peel-off label and business card sheets that you'll find at most office supply stores. glabels-3 is pre-configured with templates for many of these products. It also provides an interactive template designer for creating new templates according to user specifications. For full documentation see the gLabels online help. glabels-3-batch is a command line utility to print labels previously prepared with glabels-3. OPTIONS
-?, --help Display a summary of available command-line options. --usage Display a short usage summary. -v, --version Print program version information. Options specific to glabels-batch -o filename, --output=filename Set output filename to filename. (default="output.ps") -i filename, --input=filename Set name of file with data to be merged to filename. Typically this is a .csv file containing values to be printed on the labels. -s n, --sheets=n Set number of sheets to n. (default=1) -c n, --copies=n Set number of copies to n. (default=1) -f n, --first=n Set label on first sheet to start printing from to n. (default=1) -l, --outline Print outlines around labels. This is useful for testing printer alignment or printing proof sheets. -C, --cropmarks Print crop marks. Helpful for cutting up sheets. -r, --reverse Print mirror image of labels. This is useful for clear labels intended to be seen from the back through glass. FILES
The $HOME/.glabels directory contains all user-defined templates. SEE ALSO
The gLabels homepage at <http://glabels.org/>. AUTHOR
Jim Evins <evins@snaught.com> Jun 28, 2004 glabels(1)