Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: home dir mount issue
Operating Systems Solaris home dir mount issue Post 302382754 by incredible on Friday 25th of December 2009 02:42:41 AM
Old 12-25-2009
The filesystem/mount point should be mounted in order for you to access your home dir. If you do not have root priviledges, you can't do much about it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

removing a dir named: $HOME

How do I remove a directory named: $HOME $ rm "$HOME" rm: $HOME is a directory $ rmdir "$HOME" rmdir: directory "/home/bob": Directory is a mount point or in use (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: natter
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

Home dir for users

Hello all, Most of our users have the same home directory, I know it's weird but it has been like this before me and we don't want to change that for now. When creating a new user using command useradd, it is not allowing me to create it because it is using the home directory of someone else. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qfwfq
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

root dir ? home dir ?

I am little bit confused when the words "root directory" and "home directory" and "parent directory" are used. Can anybody explains the difference. I am trying to list the names and protections levels and size of visible files in the root directory would it be correct if I just typed: ls... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hinman
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

home dir checking

Hi, I want suggestion about user home directories, checking. how i could calculate this. I have 200 Users. if home-dir-of-user1 > 250 MB -> print "OK" fi if home-dir-of-user1 > 500 MB > Print "Warning" fi if home-dir-of-user1 > 1000 MB > Print "Critical" fi Thanks, Bash (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
4 Replies

5. AIX

Not able to mount user home dir from with automount

Hello there Have anyone configured an AIX 5L machine as NIS client? with homedirectories automounted form an NFS share? The NIS server is running Solaris. I am able to configure the AIX machine as client and user is able to login but I have configured the client to use the automountd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

Can't see home folder on one NFS mount but can in another mount on another share

Hello, I have a few Ubuntu 9.10 laptops I'm trying to learn NFS sharing with. I am just experimenting on this right now, so no harsh words about the security of what I'm playing with, please ;) Below are the configs /etc/exports on host /home/woodnt/Homeschool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
2 Replies

7. Solaris

how to change /export/home/user dir to /home /user in solaris

Hi all i am using solaris 10, i am creating user with useradd -d/home/user -m -s /bin/sh user user is created with in the following path /export/home/user (auto mount) i need the user to be created like this (/home as default home directory ) useradd -d /home/user -m -s /bin/sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

could not able change permission of /home dir

Hi i am new to this admin area . i have created user with name as "ab" and gave home dir as /home/ab . when i tried to create the /home/ab dir , i got he following error. "mkdir: Failed to make directory "/home/ab"; Operation not applicable " Thanks in advance . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: expert
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Home dir renaming

It is required to rename the home dir of some users specifed in the file ids.csv. But the code is not working as expected. ids.csv have content in the format id1,name,id2 It displays the expected message , still it is unable to rename the dirs Find the code below: #!/bin/ksh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Zone failes to boot due to mount issue, dir exists in zone.

I have two physical servers, with zones that mount local storage. We were using "raw device" in the zonecfg to point to a metadevice on the global zone (it was not mounted in the global zone at any point). It failed to mount on every boot because the directory existed in the zone. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
6 Replies
cachefslog(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    cachefslog(1M)

NAME
cachefslog - Cache File System logging SYNOPSIS
cachefslog [-f logfile | -h] cachefs_mount_point DESCRIPTION
The cachefslog command displays where CacheFS statistics are being logged. Optionally, it sets where CacheFS statistics are being logged, or it halts logging for a cache specified by cachefs_mount_point. The cachefs_mount_point argument is a mount point of a cache file system. All file systems cached under the same cache as cachefs_mount_point will be logged. OPTIONS
The following options are supported. You must be super-user to use the -f and -h options. -f logfile Specify the log file to be used. -h Halt logging. OPERANDS
cachefs_mount_point A mount point of a cache file system. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of cachefslog when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Checking the Logging of a directory. The example below checks if the directory /home/sam is being logged: example% cachefslog /home/sam not logged: /home/sam Example 2: Changing the logfile. The example below changes the logfile of /home/sam to /var/tmp/samlog: example# cachefslog -f /var/tmp/samlog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 3: Verifying the change of a logfile. The example below verifies the change of the previous example: example% cachefslog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 4: Halting the logging of a directory. The example below halts logging for the /home/sam directory: example# cachefslog -h /home/sam not logged: /home/sam EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 success non-zero an error has occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cachefsstat(1M), cachefswssize(1M), cfsadmin(1M), attributes(5), largefile(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Invalid path It is illegal to specify a path within a cache file system. SunOS 5.10 7 Feb 1997 cachefslog(1M)