Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: User Command Monitor
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting User Command Monitor Post 302382732 by cfajohnson on Thursday 24th of December 2009 05:15:54 PM
Old 12-24-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by co0oly
i want to make sure that the user can't delete the .bash_history

That's not possible.

Last edited by cfajohnson; 12-25-2009 at 01:00 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

User Login Monitor Script

I need some help writing a script that I can run as a cron job. I want this script to be able find all the users that have logged on to this machine since the last time the script was run (plan to run daily at 11:30pm, so everyone who logged on that day) and email me who logged on, and when. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Drewser
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filesystem monitor, for unprivileged user

how can i, ordinary, not a privileged user, monitor my part of filesystem ($HOME dir), to see (at least in log) when and which files was created/deleted/moved ? (I heard something abound "sandbox", but i don`t need to restrict applications, i just want to log its actions) p.s. my system is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: variety
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tool to monitor user activity

Hello, Does any one knows any tools or method to monitor users all activities on Solaris 8, including command and its result. Similar to 'script' ??? Thanks nana (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nana
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor log file and execute command

I would like to monitor a log file using a shell script and as soon as a line with a certain string in it appears I would like to run a program. I have been playing around with doing this using tail -f, but cannot get it to work. I found something similar here:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danielsbrewer
1 Replies

5. AIX

command to monitor the Serial port

Hi, Can anyone please tell me how to check the status of the serial port ?? for example,in Sun os we use the command pmadm to see the status of the serial port-- So is there any command or method in AIX,So that i can see the serial port status ?? thanks in advance ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Monitor printer buffer using unix command

Hi, I have 13jobs waiting in a printer queue.I am try to get the status and number of jobs using lpstat but i cant see any job is waiting in queue.i think those jobs are in printer buffer.is there any way to get the status of printer buffer too using unix command.please correct me if i am wrong. i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagii
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Commands to monitor other user's activity

What commands would you recommend in order to monitor things like when a user logs on to a server, assuming you know that user's name on the server? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sotau
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to monitor a command inside shell script

Hi All, Is there any way to monitor a command inside shell script ? I have a script inside which I have a tar command which zips around 200GB data. tar zcvf $Bckp_Dir/$Box-BaseBackup-$Day.tar.gz * --exclude 'dbserver_logs/*' --exclude postmaster.pid --exclude 'pg_xlog/*' I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sussus2326
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on shell script to monitor each user cpu use on a cluster over time

Hi, I am relatively new to the cluster administration and shell scripting. I need help on a shell script which can help me determine how many cpu's over time, any particular ( or all registered users on a cluster ) are using. To generate data say over a period of week and list of users and their... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuj06
6 Replies

10. Infrastructure Monitoring

Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers

Sorry if this is the wrong forum Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers . This monitor tool will take as less CPU as possible , and will send info about the server to main Dashboard. The info I need is CPU / RAM / my servers status (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies
CHSH(1) 							   User Commands							   CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [options] [LOGIN] DESCRIPTION
The chsh command changes the user login shell. This determines the name of the user's initial login command. A normal user may only change the login shell for her own account; the superuser may change the login shell for any account. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the chsh command are: -h, --help Display help message and exit. -R, --root CHROOT_DIR Apply changes in the CHROOT_DIR directory and use the configuration files from the CHROOT_DIR directory. -s, --shell SHELL The name of the user's new login shell. Setting this field to blank causes the system to select the default login shell. If the -s option is not selected, chsh operates in an interactive fashion, prompting the user with the current login shell. Enter the new value to change the shell, or leave the line blank to use the current one. The current shell is displayed between a pair of [ ] marks. NOTE
The only restriction placed on the login shell is that the command name must be listed in /etc/shells, unless the invoker is the superuser, and then any value may be added. An account with a restricted login shell may not change her login shell. For this reason, placing /bin/rsh in /etc/shells is discouraged since accidentally changing to a restricted shell would prevent the user from ever changing her login shell back to its original value. FILES
/etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shells List of valid login shells. /etc/login.defs Shadow password suite configuration. SEE ALSO
chfn(1), login.defs(5), passwd(5). shadow-utils 4.5 01/25/2018 CHSH(1)