Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Reading Daylight Saving Time in Linux using C/C++ Post 302382686 by fpmurphy on Thursday 24th of December 2009 10:22:33 AM
Old 12-24-2009
There are no standardized APIs for accessing the data you want from the relevant zoneinfo files. However if you do an Internet search for "ttisstdcnt" and "detzone" you will find plenty of examples of how it is done.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Timestamp - confusion with daylight saving time

Hello! I'm currently working on a climatological dataset that uses unix-timestamp and a real date like 28/03/2004 02:45:00 h. in spring the unix-timestamp follows its continuos mode but in the column of the real date the time jumps one hour forward (e.g. from 1:59:59 to 3:00:00). i think this is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: softmachine
1 Replies

2. Solaris

disable daylight saving

hi ... i have an E450 sun server that is running solaris 6 . i want to disable daylight savings on my server . My question is : 1) how to know that my server is running daylight savings ? 2) how to disable it ? my zoneinfo file contains the following # @(#)init.dfl 1.2 92/11/26 # #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppass
1 Replies

3. AIX

Daylight Saving Time patch test

On AIX 5.1, after applying a DST patch or workaround, is there a way to test that the DST changes have taken effect? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dangral
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

How to set the Daylight Saving Time (DST) OFF

I have a problem with the time so I need to set the DST to be OFF. is anybody can show me how to set the DST to be OFF? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Billy_yuli
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Daylight saving not working properly with linux-2.6. kernel

The daylight saving action is not working Time zone was set for that Australia(parth) and issued reboot. Now for DST, (Daylight Saving Time): For 29 Oct 2006 (sunday) day, if set time is 1:59:00 than after 1 minute it will become 3:00:00 as per DST . This was found to be happening.i.e DST... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subratasaharia
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Daylight saving not working properly with linux-2.6. kernel

The daylight saving action is not working Time zone was set for that Australia(parth) and issued reboot. Now for DST, (Daylight Saving Time): For 29 Oct 2006 (sunday) day, if set time is 1:59:00 than after 1 minute it will become 3:00:00 as per DST . This was found to be happening.i.e DST... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subratasaharia
1 Replies

7. Linux

How to configure daylight saving time

Hi, I have few doubt on daylight saving. Can any one clarify the below points. 1) How to configure daylight saving(DLS) time ? 2) How to query DLS ? 3) If i set DLS(say some how) will it be autometically changed or user has to manually change system time ? I got few info on net about... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokd001
3 Replies

8. Linux

How does Linux handle DST ( daylight saving time)?

Hello Can sombody please tell me how linux handles DST ( daylight saving time) ? Does the time change instantly , ex: if is is 3'o clock does linux instantly swich to 2'o clock ? plese give more info about this toppic (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: martonlorand
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 Daylight Saving Time

Hello, Quick question: How do I verify if my Solaris 11 hosts/zones, configured with NTP, would change automatically to the DST? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: feroccimx
1 Replies
sagasu(1)																 sagasu(1)

NAME
sagasu - GNOME tool to find strings in multiple files SYNOPSIS
sagasu [string [dir]] DESCRIPTION
sagasu is a GNOME tool to find strings in a set of files. The user specifies the search directory and the set of files to be searched. Double-clicking on a search result launches a user command that can for example load the file in an editor at the appropriate line. The search can recurse into subdirectories and can optionally ignore CVS directories. Two optional command-line arguments can be given: the first is the initial search string and the second is the directory whose files will be searched. If only one argument is given, it is taken as the search string. No search is actually started, but the appropriate fields are initialized. Any subsequent arguments are ignored. More documentation is available through the application's Help menu. OPTIONS
--help display a help page and exit --version display version information and exit LICENSE
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of the GNU General Public License. This program has absolutely no warranty. AUTHOR
Pierre Sarrazin See the Sagasu Home Page: http://sarrazip.com/dev/sagasu.html BUGS
The files to be searches are still assumed to be in Latin-1, not in UTF-8. The same goes for the command-line arguments and the terminal to which Sagasu is connected, if applicable. HISTORY
Sagasu is a Japanese word that means "to search." June 19th, 2010 sagasu(1)