Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy files from folder and rename them Post 302382627 by clx on Thursday 24th of December 2009 04:49:14 AM
Old 12-24-2009
Quote:
Forget It was the spaces in the file name

thanks for the script
did you mean to say your problem resolved?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Auto copy for files from folder to folder upon instant writing

Hello all, I'm trying to accomplish that if a file gets written to folder /path/to/a/ it gets automatically copied into /path/to/b/ the moment its get written. I thought of writing a shell script and cron it that every X amount of minutes it copies these files over but this will not help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashar
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rename files in a folder

i have a folder that contains 100's of files: abc, bca, def, ghi.... i want to rename abc with 1, bca with 2, def with 3, ghi with 4 and so on. my way, i create a file.txt with contents: 1 2 3 4 i use while loop to rename my files. without using file.txt, i just want to rename abc with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all text files in folder and then copy to a new folder

Hi all, *I use Uwin and Cygwin emulator. I´m trying to search for all text files in the current folder (C/Files) and its sub folders using find -depth -name "*.txt" The above command worked for me, but now I would like to copy all found text files to a new folder (C/Files/Text) with ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename all the files in a folder..

Hi Guys, I have 5000 files in a folder. all are .DAT files. I want to rename them as .TXT files. I tried the following command. mv *.DAT *. TXT But it is throwing an error. Can you please tell me what am i doing wrong. Thanks & Regards, Magesh. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Vim or Ex to rename all files in a folder

Is there a way to use Vim or Ex to rename all files in a folder? For example if i have a folder with Apples1.txt, Apples2.txt, Apples3.txt, could I rename all files so they are Oranges1.txt, Oranges2.txt, Oranges3.txt ? I know with :bufdo %s/apples/oranges/g|update you can do this for inside... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: VimNewUser
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to rename files in a folder - please help with script

Hello, I am new to shell scripting and stuck on renaming files in a folder. The files have the format chp01_00001.wav chp01_00002.wav .... chp02_00001.wav chp02_00002.wav .... but I want them to have the following names: chp_bloomy_00001.wav chp_bloomy_00002.wav chp_bloomy_00003.wav... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bloomy
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

looping through files, doing something, and rename in new folder

Hi, I'm really new at this but have several hundred files that i need to do something with and save with a new name. The files are 26 columns wide. I want to select some for renaming. I've figured out what to do to each file ("file-1.CSV"| grep -v "=" | cut -f 1-4,9,14,15,18,19,20,21,22,24,26... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bob101
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in writitng a script to rename file name and copy to other folder

Hi All, My requirement is as follows: A file (say abc) will be having list of the .txt file names. I need to read this abc file line by line and rename the .txt file names inside it and move them to other folder/path. Eg: abc ------- file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt Output (should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavan.yadalla
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy files with the same filenames as those in another folder to that same folder?

Hello All A similar question like this was asked before but I need to change part of the question. I've two folders, Folder A contains some image files in 150 subfolders; Folder B contains text files in 350 subfolders. All image files in Folder A have the same filename as the text... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chlade
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to rename all files and folder containing underscore?

I want to rename all files and folder containing underscore in name and replace underscore with hyphen. Currently I am using following code, rename '_' '-' */*/* It was working but now it is showing me "Argument list too long" Please help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: opticalpigion
2 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)