Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users read() wont allow me to read files larger than 2 gig (on a 64bit) Post 302382595 by Karpov2009 on Thursday 24th of December 2009 01:34:05 AM
Old 12-24-2009
Just a sentence. Probably there is an error here that is alike the one described: "Problems of 64-bit code in real programs: FreeBSD".

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I use read to read content of a variable

Can I use the read command to read the contents of a variable? I'm trying by using the following code and getting nothing back. I'm in a Linux environment. #!/bin/ksh IFS=~ VAR1=1~2~3~4 echo $VAR1 | read a b c d print "$a $b $c $d" (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmalencia
9 Replies

2. Programming

Cannot read a file with read(fd, buffer, buffersize) function

# include <stdio.h> # include <fcntl.h> # include <stdlib.h> # include <sys/stat.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { int fRead, fPadded, padVal; int btRead; int BUFFSIZE = 512; char buff; if (argc != 4) { printf ("Please provide all of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naranja18she
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Embedded Newline characters with read (builtin) in KSH93

Hi Guys, Happy New Year to you all! I have a requirement to read an embedded new-line using KSH's read builtin. Here is what I am trying to do: run_sql "select guestid, address, email from guest" | while read id addr email do ## Biz logic goes here done I can take care of any... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_programmer
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read statement within while read loop

hi, this is my script #!/bin/ksh cat temp_file.dat | while read line do read test if ]; then break else echo "ERROR" fi done when i execute this code , the script does wait for the user input . it directly prints "ERROR" and terminates after the no. of times as there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva1612
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

When reading a csv file, counter to read 20 lines and wait for minute then read next 20 till end

Hello All, i am a newbie and need some help when reading a csv file in a bourne shell script. I want to read 10 lines, then wait for a minute and then do a reading of another 10 lines and so on in the same way. I want to do this till the end of file. Any inputs are appreciated ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: victor.s
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read log files from last read

Hi i am looking a way to look at a log file(log.txt) from the last time I've read it. However after some days the main log file(log.txt) is rename to (log.txt.1). So now i will have two log files as below. log.txt.1 log.txt Now, i have to read the log from the point where i have left... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumitsks
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Bash piped while-read and a read user input at the same time

Hi I am new to writing script and want to use a Bash Piped while-read and read from user input. if something happens on server.log then do while loop or if something happend on user input then do while loop. Pseudocode something like: tail -n 3 -f server.log | while read serverline || read... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: MyMorris
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from file and execute the read command

Hi, I am facing issues with the below: I have a lookup file say lookup.lkp.This lookup.lkp file contains strings delimited by comma(,). Now i want to read this command from file and execute it. So my code below is : Contents in the lookup.lkp file is : c_e,m,a,`cd $BOX | ls cef_*|tail... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vital_parsley
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Bash] Read History function & Read Arrowkeys

Hi. How can I create a history function? (By "read" command or so) & How can I configure a read command so that the arrow keys are not displayed so funny? (^[[A) Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinnlosername
4 Replies
BTI-SHRINK-URLS(1)						  bti-shrink-urls						BTI-SHRINK-URLS(1)

NAME
bti-shrink-urls - convert URLs to a shorter form using a web service SYNOPSIS
bti [--escaped] [--help] [URL] DESCRIPTION
bti-shrink-urls converts URLs to a shorter form using a web service. Currently http://2tu.us/ (default) and http://bit.ly / http://j.mp are supported. OPTIONS
--escaped Don't escape special characters in the URL any more, they are already percent encoded. --help Print help text. URL Specify the URL to be converted. If no URL is given bti-shrink-urls waits for input on stdin. CONFIGURATION
bti-shrink-urls is configured by setting some values in ~/.bti: shrink_host Possible values: 2tu.us (default), bit.ly, j.mp shrink_bitly_login API login for bit.ly, j.mp, required if shrink_host is set to bit.ly or j.mp. See https://code.google.com/p/bitly-api/wiki/ApiDocumentation shrink_bitly_key API key for bit.ly, j.mp, required if shrink_host is set to bit.ly or j.mp. See https://code.google.com/p/bitly-api/wiki/ApiDocumentation AUTHOR
Written by Bart Trojanowski bart@jukie.net. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2009 Bart Trojanowski bart@jukie.net. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation version 2 of the License. bti-shrink-urls March 2009 BTI-SHRINK-URLS(1)