Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy files from folder and rename them Post 302382590 by bbala on Thursday 24th of December 2009 01:05:34 AM
Old 12-24-2009
there is an command called rename or sometimes rename.ul in ubuntu.
if its not available, try installing.
say u have files file1.jpg file2.jpg file3.jpg thumbs.db in a folder, you can rename using the command
Code:
rename file file_bb1 *.jpg

If you can show the preview of ls command in the dir and what you exactly expect, can help better.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Auto copy for files from folder to folder upon instant writing

Hello all, I'm trying to accomplish that if a file gets written to folder /path/to/a/ it gets automatically copied into /path/to/b/ the moment its get written. I thought of writing a shell script and cron it that every X amount of minutes it copies these files over but this will not help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashar
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rename files in a folder

i have a folder that contains 100's of files: abc, bca, def, ghi.... i want to rename abc with 1, bca with 2, def with 3, ghi with 4 and so on. my way, i create a file.txt with contents: 1 2 3 4 i use while loop to rename my files. without using file.txt, i just want to rename abc with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all text files in folder and then copy to a new folder

Hi all, *I use Uwin and Cygwin emulator. I´m trying to search for all text files in the current folder (C/Files) and its sub folders using find -depth -name "*.txt" The above command worked for me, but now I would like to copy all found text files to a new folder (C/Files/Text) with ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename all the files in a folder..

Hi Guys, I have 5000 files in a folder. all are .DAT files. I want to rename them as .TXT files. I tried the following command. mv *.DAT *. TXT But it is throwing an error. Can you please tell me what am i doing wrong. Thanks & Regards, Magesh. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Vim or Ex to rename all files in a folder

Is there a way to use Vim or Ex to rename all files in a folder? For example if i have a folder with Apples1.txt, Apples2.txt, Apples3.txt, could I rename all files so they are Oranges1.txt, Oranges2.txt, Oranges3.txt ? I know with :bufdo %s/apples/oranges/g|update you can do this for inside... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: VimNewUser
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to rename files in a folder - please help with script

Hello, I am new to shell scripting and stuck on renaming files in a folder. The files have the format chp01_00001.wav chp01_00002.wav .... chp02_00001.wav chp02_00002.wav .... but I want them to have the following names: chp_bloomy_00001.wav chp_bloomy_00002.wav chp_bloomy_00003.wav... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bloomy
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

looping through files, doing something, and rename in new folder

Hi, I'm really new at this but have several hundred files that i need to do something with and save with a new name. The files are 26 columns wide. I want to select some for renaming. I've figured out what to do to each file ("file-1.CSV"| grep -v "=" | cut -f 1-4,9,14,15,18,19,20,21,22,24,26... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bob101
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in writitng a script to rename file name and copy to other folder

Hi All, My requirement is as follows: A file (say abc) will be having list of the .txt file names. I need to read this abc file line by line and rename the .txt file names inside it and move them to other folder/path. Eg: abc ------- file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt Output (should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavan.yadalla
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy files with the same filenames as those in another folder to that same folder?

Hello All A similar question like this was asked before but I need to change part of the question. I've two folders, Folder A contains some image files in 150 subfolders; Folder B contains text files in 350 subfolders. All image files in Folder A have the same filename as the text... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chlade
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to rename all files and folder containing underscore?

I want to rename all files and folder containing underscore in name and replace underscore with hyphen. Currently I am using following code, rename '_' '-' */*/* It was working but now it is showing me "Argument list too long" Please help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: opticalpigion
2 Replies
JPEGICC(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   JPEGICC(1)

NAME
jpegicc - little cms ICC profile applier for JPEG. SYNOPSIS
jpegicc [options] input.jpg output.jpg DESCRIPTION
lcms is a standalone CMM engine, which deals with the color management. It implements a fast transformation between ICC profiles. jpegicc is little cms ICC profile applier for JPEG. OPTIONS
-b Black point compensation. -c <0,1,2,3> Precalculates transform. (0=Off, 1=Normal, 2=Hi-res, 3=LoRes) [defaults to 1] -g Marks out-of-gamut colors on softproof. -h <0,1,2> Show summary of options and examples. -i profile Input profile (defaults to sRGB). -m <0,1,2,3> SoftProof intent. -n Ignore embedded profile. -p profile Soft proof profile -o profile Output profile (defaults to sRGB). -q <0..100> Output JPEG quality. -t <0,1,2,3> Intent (0=Perceptual, 1=Colorimetric, 2=Saturation, 3=Absolute). -v Verbose. EXAMPLES
To color correct from scanner to sRGB: jpegicc -iscanner.icm in.jpg out.jpg To convert from monitor1 to monitor2: jpegicc -imon1.icm -omon2.icm in.jpg out.jpg To make a CMYK separation: jpegicc -oprinter.icm inrgb.jpg outcmyk.jpg To recover sRGB from a CMYK separation: jpegicc -iprinter.icm incmyk.jpg outrgb.jpg To convert from CIELab ITU/Fax JPEG to sRGB jpegicc -iitufax.icm in.jpg out.jpg NOTES
For suggestions, comments, bug reports etc. send mail to info@littlecms.com. SEE ALSO
tifficc(1), tiffdiff(1), icc2ps(1), icclink(1), icctrans(1), wtpt(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Shiju p. Nair <shiju.p@gmail.com>, for the Debian project. September 30, 2004 JPEGICC(1)