Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Virtualization and Cloud Computing Computing in the Clouds with AWS Post 302382574 by linuxpenguin on Wednesday 23rd of December 2009 08:15:11 PM
Old 12-23-2009
This is awesome. I have started to use amazon ec2 recently for the last 3-4 months. I am also using s3 buckets, elbs and have recently put my hands on ami's using elastic block storage.
Sad to see so little activity in this forum.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Event Cloud Computing - IBM Turning Data Centers Into ?Computing Cloud?

Tim Bass Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:55:07 +0000 *I predict we may experience less*debates*on the use of the term “event cloud”*related to*CEP in the future, now that both IBM and Google* have made announcements about “cloud computing” and “computing cloud”, IBM Turning Data Centers Into ‘Computing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

2. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

The Attack of the Spiders from the Clouds

Tim Bass 07-31-2008 08:09 AM We have seen a lot of discussions of cloud computing in the news recently, as a technology to permit “users to access technology-enabled services*without knowledge of, expertise with, nor control over the technology infrastructure that supports them.”* *This sound... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

3. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

The Attack of the Spiders from the Clouds

We have seen a lot of discussions of cloud computing in the news recently, as a technology to permit "users to access technology-enabled services without knowledge of, expertise with, nor control over the technology infrastructure that supports them." This sound great doesn't it?! Users with... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to edit clouds with gimp, artistic painting.

Every cloud has a silver lining. Right, graphics person stumbled into the software world. :p Basically need to Gimp a cloud to paint a silver lunar crescent to create a nocturnal/diurnal atmosphere to a background picture. Am currently using gimp 2 but have in the past used psp and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Maskros
1 Replies

5. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Private, Public and Hybrid Clouds

Hi all, Private, Public and Hybrid Clouds I'm now testing OpenStack; Home OpenStack Open Source Cloud Computing Software -Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) -Platform as a Service (PaaS) -Software as a Service (SaaS) It is an Open Source software. I'm interested to know whether... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
0 Replies
PROC_COMPARE(3) 					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					   PROC_COMPARE(3)

NAME
proc_compare -- compare two processes' interactivity LIBRARY
System Utilities Library (libutil, -lutil) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/sysctl.h> int proc_compare(const struct kinfo_proc2 *p1, const struct kinfo_lwp *l1, const struct kinfo_proc2 *p2, const struct kinfo_lwp *l2); DESCRIPTION
The proc_compare() function compares two processes that are on the same terminal for their interactivity. This means that the process returned is the one that has a better chance being the active foreground process on that tty. This algorithm is used in the kernel for SIGINFO reporting and in userland by w(1). The algorithm used is as follows: o If one of them is runnable, it is preferred. o If both are runnable, the one with the largest CPU percent is preferred. o In a CPU percent tie, the one started more recently wins. o If none are runnable, and one of them is a zombie, the non-zombie is preferred o If both are zombies, the one started more recently wins. o If neither is a zombie, the one with the smaller sleep time wins. o In a tie, and one is sleeping in non-interruptible sleep, prefer that one. o If both are in the same state, the one started more recently is preferred. In all cases where the most recently started wins, if there was no winner, the one with the largest PID wins. RETURN VALUES
The proc_compare() function returns 0 if p1 is to be preferred and 1 if p2 is to be preferred. SEE ALSO
w(1) HISTORY
The proc_compare() was extracted from src/sys/kern/tty.c and src/usr.bin/w/proc_compare.c and merged in NetBSD 6.0. BSD
October 20, 2011 BSD