Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris scp ok , but rcp permission denied Post 302382532 by baykan on Wednesday 23rd of December 2009 02:06:58 PM
Old 12-23-2009
Hello,

I moved hosts_allow and hosts_deny from /etc before... I will check if there are any file which created by Jass , like hosts_deny_xxxxxxJass

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rcp 'permission denied'

I've followed suggestions as mentioned in this thread https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1449&highlight=rcp & I can now rcp a file to one of our servers, however there is another one which I still cannot contact, I just get the error 'permission denied'. I've checked &... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Pryke
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

./ Permission Denied.

Could someone tell me why I am getting a permission denied message when I attempt to run this on an out file? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trouscaillon
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission Denied

I just started computer science at UW Milwaukee. When I access the university Solaris system from PuTTY, I get permission denied when I try to access the file I wrote. Now I really have no idea what I'm doing, I just don't understand why I get permission denied in my won directory. Thank You ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: howeezy
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied

I would like to copy data from local mechine to cluster. Basically, I typed scp -r DVD/ acount@cluster:/ it shows Permission denied. Could anyone please give me a clue to write permission on cluster, please? The poperty of where on cluster I'd like to put is drwxr-xr-x Any idea would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: su_in99
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp vs rcp

Hi, What is the difference between scp and rcp and what are the advantages and disadvantages? which one is favor to use than the other between these two? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Permission denied

Hi guys im new to this db i have a small prob while installing websphereportal6.1i think i was installed succesfully but the error im getting is while starting server. check this out # ./serverStatus.sh -all Error loading: /usr/wps61/AppServer/java/jre/bin/classic/libjvm.so: cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varma917989
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission denied

I created a user so that when he logs in he will be directed to a menu /etc/passwd user1:x:115:1:Support -SysAd:/export/home/user1:/export/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh However when I logged in remotely from another server by ssh user1@1.1.1.1 , it saysexport/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to copy file using SCP (Input/output & Permission denied error)

Hi, I am facing issue while using scp. Source & target machines are Linux & HP-UX respectively. On target machine, if I fire the following command, I get error: Now if I try scp on another file, which is on the same source machine, it works fine. All directories and subdirectories... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Technext
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied

when i run echo "User” > /dev/tty5 why do i get permission denied? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinababy
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Permission denied

Trying to get date into the txt file. It says Permission denied. echo $(date +%I:%M:%S_%D) >> /tmp/systemd_suspend_test_err.txt exec 2>> /tmp/systemd_suspend_test_err.txt if ; then # Do the thing you want before suspend here echo "we are suspending $(date +%I:%M:%S_%D)." elif ;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
5 Replies
LR_SPOOL.IN(1)						  LogReport's Lire Documentation					    LR_SPOOL.IN(1)

NAME
lr_spool - feed files in a spooldir to a command SYNOPSIS
lr_spool spooldir command DESCRIPTION
For each file f in directory spooldir, lr_spool generates a unique LR_ID, exports it as a shell variable, and runs command < f . Before executing command, f is moved to $TMPDIR. If command exits successfully, f is removed (command is assumed to save stdin to a file, if it feels this is appropriate), else f is moved to LR_FAILEDDIR. In case any of spooldir, TMPDIR or LR_FAILEDDIR doesn't exist, it's created on the fly. This script is invoked by lr_spoold(1), which uses lr_processmail(1) as the command. BUGS
The directory spooldir is created using plain mkdir -p. If spooldir is supposed to be part of a Maildir structure, only .../new/ is created. This does not satisfy for a valid Maildir. One has to verify manually wether spooldir is part of a valid Maildir, and create it manually, on such a system. SEE ALSO
lr_spoold(1), the Lire User Manual, especially the Overview section. VERSION
$Id: lr_spool.in,v 1.11 2006/07/23 13:16:33 vanbaal Exp $ AUTHOR
Joost van Baal <joostvb@logreport.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2003 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This program is part of Lire. Lire is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 LR_SPOOL.IN(1)